2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Oregon State beat Hawaii in the Jeremy Perry Bowl amidst swirling garbage and locals throwing beer bottles (Shocking teams aren't lined up). Teams will go for the recruiting but beating Hawaii doesn't do much for a major program compared to the ill effects of losing to Hawaii on National TV. Just the other side of that POV.

If that season was the norm them I could see the debate for flaws but it wasn't, so I'm not gonna fault Hawaii for playing the hand they were dealt.

If that season was the norm them I could see the debate for flaws but it wasn't, so I'm not gonna fault Hawaii for playing the hand they were dealt.

Originally Posted by Caerus

5954507185_5188ca0dd6_o.png

Besides Oregon BCS NC Jerseys, easily my favorite jerseys.

Btw, anyone know when CFB version of Elite Socks are dropping? I need me every CW 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Love the new helmets
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Caerus

5954507185_5188ca0dd6_o.png

Besides Oregon BCS NC Jerseys, easily my favorite jerseys.

Btw, anyone know when CFB version of Elite Socks are dropping? I need me every CW 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Love the new helmets
pimp.gif

My argument isn't about USC
You certainly could have worded it better, talking about teams backing out and then lumping us in there.

Hawaii is a popular away game, in fact, we try not to schedule them at home.  An alumni trip along with the benefit of getting the extra game.

However, that year, Hawaii could only squeeze us in before the home opener (Idaho) and our first road game (Nebraska).  There was no competitive advantage to squeezing in a road game against Hawaii.  Especially when the outcome of the 2005 game was still fresh in people's memories.

The system "is what it is", until a playoff is put in place it will always be flawed.

Even when you have a perfect 1 vs 2 matchup (Oklahoma/USC Orange Bowl) you will always have someone chirping that they should've had a shot (Auburn, Utah, but mostly Auburn
eyes.gif
)

My argument isn't about USC
You certainly could have worded it better, talking about teams backing out and then lumping us in there.

Hawaii is a popular away game, in fact, we try not to schedule them at home.  An alumni trip along with the benefit of getting the extra game.

However, that year, Hawaii could only squeeze us in before the home opener (Idaho) and our first road game (Nebraska).  There was no competitive advantage to squeezing in a road game against Hawaii.  Especially when the outcome of the 2005 game was still fresh in people's memories.

The system "is what it is", until a playoff is put in place it will always be flawed.

Even when you have a perfect 1 vs 2 matchup (Oklahoma/USC Orange Bowl) you will always have someone chirping that they should've had a shot (Auburn, Utah, but mostly Auburn
eyes.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom