2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Board of regents for A&M meets the 22nd.
Two early rumors regarding that:

1. It's about appointing a new Chancellor, as Mike McKinney stepped down a few months ago.
2. It's about voting on/discussing a move to the SEC.

Two early rumors regarding that:

1. It's about appointing a new Chancellor, as Mike McKinney stepped down a few months ago.
2. It's about voting on/discussing a move to the SEC.

we'll see what happens after that.

Va Tech coming with?

Unlike last year I haven't heard anybody on VT boards fueling this; I'm hoping whoever is leaking info about A&M is just speculating about us being a part of it as well. All you SEC fans can go ahead and give me *%#+ for it and call me scared but I do NOT want to be in the SEC
laugh.gif
As it is right now if we catch lightning in a bottle we might have a shot at playing for an MNC. Having to play an SEC schedule would destroy any chances of that; we'd be USC-e AT BEST. Go back and look at our results against SEC teams and you'll see why I feel this way. I love my team but I'm not stupid. 
If it does happen our home schedule would get ten times better though. 

we'll see what happens after that.

Va Tech coming with?

Unlike last year I haven't heard anybody on VT boards fueling this; I'm hoping whoever is leaking info about A&M is just speculating about us being a part of it as well. All you SEC fans can go ahead and give me *%#+ for it and call me scared but I do NOT want to be in the SEC
laugh.gif
As it is right now if we catch lightning in a bottle we might have a shot at playing for an MNC. Having to play an SEC schedule would destroy any chances of that; we'd be USC-e AT BEST. Go back and look at our results against SEC teams and you'll see why I feel this way. I love my team but I'm not stupid. 
If it does happen our home schedule would get ten times better though. 

^ I don't blame you, 5am. 
laugh.gif

I wouldn't want to join the SEC regardless of who I am.

Somewhat off topic, but not really:

When (what years) did the SEC officially become the "big boys league"?  I'm talking the fastest, most physical, undisputed strongest conference from to to bottom.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

When (what years) did the SEC officially become the "big boys league"?  I'm talking the fastest, most physical, undisputed strongest conference from to to bottom.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

Tmay what happened to that 24/7 guy on Paul Finebaum show, read he got clowned or embarrassed?
I didn't hear it, but from what I understand Finebaum was doing that %$$%%*% thing that he does, trying to discredit everything that Aubrey Bloom (the 24/7 guy) had to say.

Finebaum called him back on to the show today and apologized to him after he interviewed Luicci (the main guy from texags.com) and realized that everything Bloom said yesterday matched up exactly with what Luicci was saying and what Finebaum was now hearing from his "sources."

Wow, 5am. You took my exact thoughts right out of my head. Right now there's a decent chance that TAMU could compete for a BCS bowl, should things keep progressing under Sherman. In my opinion, there's absolutely zero chance that we'd be able to do that in the SEC.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Tmay what happened to that 24/7 guy on Paul Finebaum show, read he got clowned or embarrassed?
I didn't hear it, but from what I understand Finebaum was doing that %$$%%*% thing that he does, trying to discredit everything that Aubrey Bloom (the 24/7 guy) had to say.

Finebaum called him back on to the show today and apologized to him after he interviewed Luicci (the main guy from texags.com) and realized that everything Bloom said yesterday matched up exactly with what Luicci was saying and what Finebaum was now hearing from his "sources."

Wow, 5am. You took my exact thoughts right out of my head. Right now there's a decent chance that TAMU could compete for a BCS bowl, should things keep progressing under Sherman. In my opinion, there's absolutely zero chance that we'd be able to do that in the SEC.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

nerd.gif

Apparently around 1925?
1925 - Alabama
1926 - Alabama
1930 - Alabama
1934 - Alabama
1938 - Tennessee
1940 - Tennessee
1941 - Alabama
1942 - Georgia
1950 - Tennessee/Kentucky
1951 - Tennessee
1957 - Auburn
1958 - LSU
1959 - Ole Miss
1960 - Ole Miss
1961 - Alabama
1962 - Ole Miss
1964 - Alabama/Arkansas
1965 - Alabama
1967 - Tennessee
1973 - Alabama
1978 - Alabama
1979 - Alabama
1980 - Georgia
1992 - Alabama
1996 - Florida
1998 - Tennessee
2003 - LSU
2006 - Florida
2007 - LSU
2008 - Florida
2009 - Alabama
2010 - Auburn

nerd.gif

Apparently around 1925?
1925 - Alabama
1926 - Alabama
1930 - Alabama
1934 - Alabama
1938 - Tennessee
1940 - Tennessee
1941 - Alabama
1942 - Georgia
1950 - Tennessee/Kentucky
1951 - Tennessee
1957 - Auburn
1958 - LSU
1959 - Ole Miss
1960 - Ole Miss
1961 - Alabama
1962 - Ole Miss
1964 - Alabama/Arkansas
1965 - Alabama
1967 - Tennessee
1973 - Alabama
1978 - Alabama
1979 - Alabama
1980 - Georgia
1992 - Alabama
1996 - Florida
1998 - Tennessee
2003 - LSU
2006 - Florida
2007 - LSU
2008 - Florida
2009 - Alabama
2010 - Auburn

I was going to say right around when the BCS was implemented although as Chester has said the history is there. FSU, Miami, Nebraska were really strong in 80s and early 90s but no doubt the SEC has been on some other %*@$ since Tennessee won that first one in '98 as far as dominance and NFL talent.

I was going to say right around when the BCS was implemented although as Chester has said the history is there. FSU, Miami, Nebraska were really strong in 80s and early 90s but no doubt the SEC has been on some other %*@$ since Tennessee won that first one in '98 as far as dominance and NFL talent.

SMH at being scared of SEC teams. For one when you become an SEC team your recruiting base will expand into those southern states and two you can cheat at will and the NCAA will contemplate ever doing anything about it.

SMH at being scared of SEC teams. For one when you become an SEC team your recruiting base will expand into those southern states and two you can cheat at will and the NCAA will contemplate ever doing anything about it.

Originally Posted by BlazerFan

roll.gif

pimp.gif

roll.gif

pimp.gif

Chester.
laugh.gif
Touche.
laugh.gif

I'm thinking it was around '03 when the SEC really started running !+*@.

SMH at being scared of SEC teams.
Nobody's "scared" of SEC teams.  It's the conference as a whole. 

As a VT or TAMU fan, would you rather have a legitimate shot at a BCS game every few years in the ACC or Big 12 or be nothing more than average in the SEC.  Honestly?

A few years ago, I thought all the SEC hype got old after a while, but then I realized it isn't hype and it's actually reality at the moment.

You're telling me you would enjoy seeing the Beavers compete in the SEC conference?
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Chester.
laugh.gif
Touche.
laugh.gif

I'm thinking it was around '03 when the SEC really started running !+*@.

SMH at being scared of SEC teams.
Nobody's "scared" of SEC teams.  It's the conference as a whole. 

As a VT or TAMU fan, would you rather have a legitimate shot at a BCS game every few years in the ACC or Big 12 or be nothing more than average in the SEC.  Honestly?

A few years ago, I thought all the SEC hype got old after a while, but then I realized it isn't hype and it's actually reality at the moment.

You're telling me you would enjoy seeing the Beavers compete in the SEC conference?
sick.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

dont kid yourself, Va Tech and A&M are already in the souther states, and theyre getting Left overs. it wouldnt change at all

just like Vandy and Kentucky wouldnt benefit recruiting wise from  the state of texas from A&M joining

dont kid yourself, Va Tech and A&M are already in the souther states, and theyre getting Left overs. it wouldnt change at all

just like Vandy and Kentucky wouldnt benefit recruiting wise from  the state of texas from A&M joining

Back
Top Bottom