2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Chester.
laugh.gif
Touche.
laugh.gif

I'm thinking it was around '03 when the SEC really started running !+*@.

SMH at being scared of SEC teams.
Nobody's "scared" of SEC teams.  It's the conference as a whole. 

As a VT or TAMU fan, would you rather have a legitimate shot at a BCS game every few years in the ACC or Big 12 or be nothing more than average in the SEC.  Honestly?

A few years ago, I thought all the SEC hype got old after a while, but then I realized it isn't hype and it's actually reality at the moment.

You're telling me you would enjoy seeing the Beavers compete in the SEC conference?
sick.gif
laugh.gif

It sure sounds like TMay is scared of those cheaters.

While that makes no sense geographically I wouldn't mind at all.  We should have slayed LSU in Death Valley. The Pac-10 had plenty of success against SEC teams in the last decade. We could lower our admission standards to rock bottom like Florida, hand out ATM cards like Auburn, and sell our players merchandise in the store down the street like 'Bama.

Chester.
laugh.gif
Touche.
laugh.gif

As a VT or TAMU fan, would you rather have a legitimate shot at a BCS game every few years in the ACC or Big 12 or be nothing more than average in the SEC.  Honestly?

A few years ago, I thought all the SEC hype got old after a while, but then I realized it isn't hype and it's actually reality at the moment.

You're telling me you would enjoy seeing the Beavers compete in the SEC conference?
sick.gif
laugh.gif

While that makes no sense geographically I wouldn't mind at all.  We should have slayed LSU in Death Valley. The Pac-10 had plenty of success against SEC teams in the last decade. We could lower our admission standards to rock bottom like Florida, hand out ATM cards like Auburn, and sell our players merchandise in the store down the street like 'Bama.

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

For comparison:

Clausen's 1st year starting for ND:

NAME CMPATTYDSCMP%YDS/ATDINTRAT
Jimmy Clausen138245125456.35.1276103.8

Brantley's 1st year:

NAMECMPATTYDSCMP%YDS/ATDINTRAT
John Brantley200329206160.86.26910116.4

Brantley's 1st year > Clausen's first year and Clausen improved significantly every year under Weiss so I'd expect Brantley to improve significantly too. Only problem is Brantley will only have one year under Weiss.
Jimmy had just come off surgery his freshman year and played hurt most of the year.. and that O-line must have hated him because they didn't protect him at all.. just saying.. but i think Brantley still will step it up with Weis on his side...
anyway.. pic of the first day with pads for ND

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

For comparison:

Clausen's 1st year starting for ND:

NAME CMPATTYDSCMP%YDS/ATDINTRAT
Jimmy Clausen138245125456.35.1276103.8

Brantley's 1st year:

NAMECMPATTYDSCMP%YDS/ATDINTRAT
John Brantley200329206160.86.26910116.4

Brantley's 1st year > Clausen's first year and Clausen improved significantly every year under Weiss so I'd expect Brantley to improve significantly too. Only problem is Brantley will only have one year under Weiss.
Jimmy had just come off surgery his freshman year and played hurt most of the year.. and that O-line must have hated him because they didn't protect him at all.. just saying.. but i think Brantley still will step it up with Weis on his side...
anyway.. pic of the first day with pads for ND

pimp.gif

^ Looks more like UCLA than ND with those number outlines and shoulder stripes.

I think BK is gonna do a much better job of "returning ND to glory" than Davie, O'Leary (
laugh.gif
), Ty and Weis.

We could lower our admission standards to rock bottom like Florida, hand out ATM cards like Auburn, and sell our players merchandise in the store down the street like 'Bama.

And you would still be lucky to win more than 3 conference games a year...

^ Looks more like UCLA than ND with those number outlines and shoulder stripes.

I think BK is gonna do a much better job of "returning ND to glory" than Davie, O'Leary (
laugh.gif
), Ty and Weis.

We could lower our admission standards to rock bottom like Florida, hand out ATM cards like Auburn, and sell our players merchandise in the store down the street like 'Bama.

And you would still be lucky to win more than 3 conference games a year...

I'm not "scared" of the SEC teams. I just know that Mike Sherman is 0-4 against SEC teams since he's been at TAMU, losing each game by an average of 19 points. Call it being cautious rather than being scared.

I'd love for our basketball, football, and track and field teams to compete in the SEC, and they'd probably be able to do just that. I just don't get that same feeling with the football team.

As far as recruiting goes, I don't see how we'd gain much. A kid from Alabama or Tennessee probably isn't going to come to TAMU just because we're in the SEC. We already recruit Louisiana pretty well, all things considered. We dabbled in Florida last year, but seem to have backed off this year. I just don't see how we'd gain much.

I'm not "scared" of the SEC teams. I just know that Mike Sherman is 0-4 against SEC teams since he's been at TAMU, losing each game by an average of 19 points. Call it being cautious rather than being scared.

I'd love for our basketball, football, and track and field teams to compete in the SEC, and they'd probably be able to do just that. I just don't get that same feeling with the football team.

As far as recruiting goes, I don't see how we'd gain much. A kid from Alabama or Tennessee probably isn't going to come to TAMU just because we're in the SEC. We already recruit Louisiana pretty well, all things considered. We dabbled in Florida last year, but seem to have backed off this year. I just don't see how we'd gain much.

Notre Dame is garbage and will forever be garbage outside of the bids they will get due to the name. Nobody respects them outside of bowl selection committees because of the crowd and TV audiences they will draw. Their relevance was up about 2 decades ago. Time to let it go. The game has passed them by.

Notre Dame is garbage and will forever be garbage outside of the bids they will get due to the name. Nobody respects them outside of bowl selection committees because of the crowd and TV audiences they will draw. Their relevance was up about 2 decades ago. Time to let it go. The game has passed them by.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Playing in the states of 'Bama, Georgia & Florida is a huge chip to have when convincing kids to leave home.  It's the exact same reason every Pac-12 school tries to schedule a game in the state of Texas or Hawaii.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Playing in the states of 'Bama, Georgia & Florida is a huge chip to have when convincing kids to leave home.  It's the exact same reason every Pac-12 school tries to schedule a game in the state of Texas or Hawaii.

Crooks. 
laugh.gif

I would like to agree w/ you, but BK is reeling in talent like crazy.  I know Charlie did as well, but he completely neglected the defensive side of the ball.

If BK fails though, #$!! could get real.
nerd.gif

How in the hell is playing in the states of Alabama, Georgia and Texas a recruiting tool?
grin.gif

Crooks. 
laugh.gif

I would like to agree w/ you, but BK is reeling in talent like crazy.  I know Charlie did as well, but he completely neglected the defensive side of the ball.

If BK fails though, #$!! could get real.
nerd.gif

How in the hell is playing in the states of Alabama, Georgia and Texas a recruiting tool?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by BlazerFan

Chester.
laugh.gif
Touche.
laugh.gif

sick.gif
laugh.gif

Aren't Oregon St. admin standards pretty low already?

And every school sells their players merchandise on campus and down the street lol...

At that same token A&M isn't gonna get a recruit to flip on his commitment from either of those flagship schools, hell the don't do it in Texas.

Originally Posted by BlazerFan

Chester.
laugh.gif
Touche.
laugh.gif

sick.gif
laugh.gif

Aren't Oregon St. admin standards pretty low already?

And every school sells their players merchandise on campus and down the street lol...

Back
Top Bottom