2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

I can't believe I'm going to ask this but Josh Freeman vs Oakland or Matt Ryan vs Dallas
Freeman's been on a hot streak the last 3 weeks and he's playing against a bad Oakland secondary
but on the other hand, M. Ryan's playing Dallas and imo has a pretty good secondary
What you guys think?

I can't believe I'm going to ask this but Josh Freeman vs Oakland or Matt Ryan vs Dallas
Freeman's been on a hot streak the last 3 weeks and he's playing against a bad Oakland secondary
but on the other hand, M. Ryan's playing Dallas and imo has a pretty good secondary
What you guys think?

Matty Ice will not fail you, but if you want to ride the hot hand and think Oakland can't stop Tampa's offense then follow your gut and use Josh.

Should I sit Torrey Smith in favor of Steve Smith? Smitty is killing me with his lack of TD's.

Help with my lineup for week 9... I'm torn between my WR2, TE, and Flex options.  Here is my Lineup as is.  Its a .5 PPR we start 1QB 2WR 2RB 1TE and 1W/R flex.

QB Brees vs PHI

WR1 Cruz vs PIT

WR2 Bryant @ ATL

RB1 Forte @ TEN

RB2 Morris vs CAR

TE Pettigrew @JAC

W/R Richardson vs BAL

D Vikings

BN Rudolph @ SEA

BN Sproles vs PHI

BN B. Lloyd @bye

BN D. Moore vs TB

BN D. Brown vs MIA

BN Amendola @bye

I have Sproles on the bench, but he usually puts up good numbers in a PPR.  I would like to start him, but Richardson put on a clinic last week so I hesitate to sit him, and Forte and Morris both have sweet matchups.  Also with the WR2, Dez did good last week, almost REAL good if that TD would have counted.  Heard he also has a Hip Injury but I will know more on that today hopefully.  But D. Moore has been playing great, and faces an awful TB secondary.  Finally with the TE, I'm pretty pissed about Rudy's last 2 outings, so I picked up Pettigrew just to have a shot at more than 2 points from the TE this week.  But watch Rudy catch a TD this week lol.

Any advice?

If you guys could start 2 out of these 3 who would they be?

Titus Young v Jax

Marques Colston v Philly

Torrey Smith v Cle

Why is Felix Jones projected to score 21 points against the Falcons? Am I missing something? NFL league btw

Honestly I'd start Big Ben because of the weapons he has around him, he's been having a great year and the Giants secondary is a mess

Alright thanks for your response bro but I have another question.

I also have Josh freeman against the Raiders would you go with Big Ben, Freeman, or Cam?

Also Andre Roberts vs GB or Cecil Shorts vs Detroit?

I need help with choosing my WR for the week:

Pick 3
Dez Bryant
Titus Young
Dwayne Bowe
Mike Williams
Andre Roberts

Also my TE's are Finley and Rudolph and I need to make a waiver wire pick up. Was thinking Jared Cook or Dennis Pitta, any recs there?

Dude still wants to trade me Ridley for Cobb.  I'm not 100% in love with it but my only two reliable backs are Forte and Spiller.

I need help with choosing my WR for the week:
Pick 3
Dez Bryant
Titus Young
Dwayne Bowe
Mike Williams
Andre Roberts
Also my TE's are Finley and Rudolph and I need to make a waiver wire pick up. Was thinking Jared Cook or Dennis Pitta, any recs there?

Id go with Mike Williams (He should have a gg there playing Oakland lol), Titus Young and Bowe. Andre Roberts is also a possibility since there playing GB BUT you never know with Skelton back there and I'm betting GB is gonna make it hell on him and that O Line.

At the flex should I go with Chris Johnson vs the Bears or Antonio Brown vs Giants?
Antonio Brown.  Giants have had trouble with the pass.  Look at CJ2K's game against the Vikings, he and his oline disappear against good Defenses.

Last edited:
Eli
Freeman
Vick
Eli was my first QB pick up in the draft like 7 or 8 round. His match up makes me think twice
Freeman has surprised me a lot I still dont know if hes a legit start
Vick has been trash but his match up is the worse def in the league
thoughts? much appreciated and thanks in adv.
Id honestly go with Vick since they are playing the Saints, but keep in mind the Eagles might play conservative and run the ball more with shady since NOs run D is horrible.

Freeman could aslo be a good option because hes playing the Raiders.

Im hesitant with Eli, there gonna be playing an inspired and good D in the Steelers so im not to sure on him.

All in all I would say Vick, but Freeman should also have a gg

Just received A. Bradshaw + James Jones for F. Jackson + Denarius Moore,
smokin.gif
 FeelsJohnGoodman.

I'm pretty sure Denarius will only continue to impress - the last 3 weeks he's been a gem for me, hopefully James Jones can continue to cook w/ Jennings out indefinitely + Jermichael being a non factor.

Thoughts on this trade I just pulled?....

SEND:
QB Brandon Weeden
WR Anquan Boldin
TE Anthony Fasano

RECEIVE:
WR Denarius Moore
TE Martellus Bennett

The person I traded with needed a QB... I won't go into detail why... but basically, they don't have a QB that is projected to start/play this week or the rest of the season in any fashion. So, you do have to consider that factor when evaluating this trade. This person also doesn't have the pieces to trade for a "top-level" QB, or even a higher level backup QB.

My top QB is Vick... will pick up Foles now for my backup. I wanted to buy Bennett low... and Moore looks to only be going up IMO, so I was more than happy to do this trade. Hope it doesn't get voted down.

Should I make this offer?
Give: Rivers, Reggie Bush, DMC
Get: Matt Ryan, McCoy

I was thinking Titus instead of Reggie but idk if he'll think it's enough... We can only start 2 RB and I already have Martin so every week I have to play the guessing have between Reggie/DMC/Martin and its frustrating now that byes are over

Thoughts on this trade I just pulled?....
SEND:
QB Brandon Weeden
WR Anquan Boldin
TE Anthony Fasano
RECEIVE:
WR Denarius Moore
TE Martellus Bennett
The person I traded with needed a QB... I won't go into detail why... but basically, they don't have a QB that is projected to start/play this week or the rest of the season in any fashion. So, you do have to consider that factor when evaluating this trade. This person also doesn't have the pieces to trade for a "top-level" QB, or even a higher level backup QB.
My top QB is Vick... will pick up Foles now for my backup. I wanted to buy Bennett low... and Moore looks to only be going up IMO, so I was more than happy to do this trade. Hope it doesn't get voted down.
I like this trade for you but damn :x how many teams are in your league if this guy is TRADING for Weeden to be his STARTER

I like this trade for you but damn :x how many teams are in your league if this guy is TRADING for Weeden to be his STARTER

18 team league... with a few people hoarding QB's and not being willing to trade. There literally is no one available (this person was going to be starting Matt Moore... when Tannehill is coming back more than likely). Even Kaepernick and Quinn have each made a start in this league due to the lack of available QB's (and byes).

This person also didn't draft very well in the QB department. But either way... it is tough to pick up any free agents in general in this league.

In this person's defense (and mine, in a way)... Weeden has actually been pretty good (with the exceptions of Week 1 and last week)... and is in no danger of losing his starting spot unless he gets hurt, so it's not the worst thing in the world, haha.

Should I make this offer?
Give: Rivers, Reggie Bush, DMC
Get: Matt Ryan, McCoy
I was thinking Titus instead of Reggie but idk if he'll think it's enough... We can only start 2 RB and I already have Martin so every week I have to play the guessing have between Reggie/DMC/Martin and its frustrating now that byes are over

As for your trade... I think both Bush and DMC would be too much. Why not just do Rivers and Bush for Ryan (and maybe filler)? That is, if you're intent on getting rid of one of the 3 (Reggie/DMC/Martin).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom