2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

My team is shaping up for the season but i benched AP.....that was dumb

Who should i start i start 3 WRS i have

Bowe at Buffalo
Decker at Atlanta
Colston at Carolina
Wayne home vs Minn
Santana Moss at St Louis

I start Bowe Decker and Colston but Wayne had big numbers last week and Colston had the drops decker was sub par and so was bowe. I want to start Wayne but for who?

Hey everyone,

Some questions for Week 2.  I took an L week one, my players did great, other than T. Rich.  I guess thats what happens when your rookie QB throws 4 picks, everyone focuses on the workhorse RB.

My question is regarding my WR/FLX positions for week 2.  I have Cruz locked in at my WR1, and currently Maclin at my WR2.  He is currently questionable and plays the Ravens D.  I also have Garcon, who I played in the FLX last week who gave me great points even though he got injured but not sure if he is going to be 100% for this week. 

So I'm not sure what to do this week.  I have Randy Moss and DHB as my other 2 WRs, and could play Peyton Hillis in the FLX even though S. Draughn stole a TD from him last week.  Aldrick Robinson is available and played well for WAS against NO once Garcon went down, worth a pickup?

Any thoughts?

How does waiver claims work? I picked up 2 players off waivers? Or tried to at least?

Almost positive im pulling the trigger. But Cutler and Ryan Mathews for Matt Ryan and Andre Johnson. I get Ryan and AJ. What you guys think?

Last edited:
Would you drop David Wilson for Alfred Morris?....

Not at all. Be patient with this one as it would be jumping the gun simply by going off of week 1 production. It looked as though the Giants planned to really incorporate Wilson into their plans until he fumbled. Coughlin handles these situations better than anyone else and used the benching as a teaching tool for the rookie. Keep in mind that Bradshaw doesn't have Jacobs to take the short yardage poundings anymore and he will be an injury risk for most the season. Wilson will see his share of time.

I do not trust a one game performance from any of Shanahan's RB's. I learned my lesson with that awhile ago. In two weeks people will be clamoring to pick up Helu. I'd hold off for now.

Won my first matchup thanks to Ray Rice and David Akers with that 61 yard FG :pimp:

But I rarely watch the Patriots so I don't have a strong understanding of Welker's game. But does Welker usually see the filed more than he did during Week 1?
If he doesn't produce more I might have to get rid of him. Had Alshon Jeffery on the bench with 14 points, don't really think anyone was expecting that from him though. I'm pretty deep at WR, I need some help at TE and RB though especially if Richardson doesn't get more carries.

Damn I was high on Seattle's D and they couldn't keep Kevin Kolb out the endzone, debating on dropping them for Detroit's D. Thoughts?

I feel so dumb. Dropped Randall Cobb last second for David Wilson because of last minute "research" and now I won't get a shot at picking Cobb back up til next waiver period! haha

Damn I was high on Seattle's D and they couldn't keep Kevin Kolb out the endzone, debating on dropping them for Detroit's D. Thoughts?

Stick with the Seahawks defense, they did not play a bad game, both teams (Cards/Seahawks) play excellent defense and will be consistent all year long.

Don't see Detroit slowing down the 49ers too much.

Start Stafford vs 49ers or Flacco vs Eagles?

I like Flacco vs Eagles, Ravens have a good front line and is coming off an excellent game, has a lot of targets and lots of easy screens to Ray Rice.

Last edited:
Stick with the Seahawks defense, they did not play a bad game, both teams (Cards/Seahawks) play excellent defense and will be consistent all year long.
I like Flacco vs Eagles, Ravens have a good front line and is coming off an excellent game, has a lot of targets and lots of easy screens to Ray Rice.
Good look Mez! I was leaning towards starting Flacco also since the 49er's D is stingy

A lot of hating *** people in my league. They're trying to veto my trade of getting Eli and Sidney Rice for Torrey Smith and Fitzpatrick. They're saying that we're cheating and that it will make my team strong. Keep in mind that I need a QB since Locker is hurt and I'm pretty weak in the position. The guy I'm trading with already has Peyton Manning starting. So why the fuss? Coming up with crazy excuses for the trade not to go down influencing the Commissioner.

/rant

Start Stafford vs 49ers or Flacco vs Eagles?

I'm biased of course but for the Lions to only give up 16 points after the positions they were put in by Stafford IDK.

I need some help. I am not happy with my team at all. What trades do yall think I should try to work to improve? I have a bunch of RBs, but I dont trust my receiving core (especially Lance Moore)

12 team league, Non PPR

QB Tom Brady
WR Victor Cruz
WR Lance Moore
WR Pierre Garcon
RB Lynch
RB Green-Ellis
TE Gronk
WR/TE Danny Amendola
WR/RB Willis McGahee

Bench Peyton Hillis
Bench Ronnie Brown
Bench Denarius Moore
Bench Cedric Benson
Bench Austin Collie
Bench Josh Freeman

Man I hate these leagues where people act like they're in a library or take it too serious and are scared to make trades. guys talk smack on Nt all day but let them get in a league and they turn into mice. this is why people stop playing after two weeks because it's boring when you don't interact with each other you are basically playing solitaire. I'm talking to everyone in the DMV league btw smh

Sometimes, when you're real confident in your draft, there's not real need to try and trade. No need to trade just for the sake of trading.

Last edited:
A lot of hating *** people in my league. They're trying to veto my trade of getting Eli and Sidney Rice for Torrey Smith and Fitzpatrick. They're saying that we're cheating and that it will make my team strong. Keep in mind that I need a QB since Locker is hurt and I'm pretty weak in the position. The guy I'm trading with already has Peyton Manning starting. So why the fuss? Coming up with crazy excuses for the trade not to go down influencing the Commissioner.
/rant

no trade should be vetoed unless it's an obvious collusion, the better fantasy player will get the better end of trades and most trades aren't even (and really, nobody can predict future outcomes to perfectly evaluate a trade). the other owners are just being ******* because they aren't in the trade or didn't take the initiative to make an offer.

Back
Top Bottom