2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

I'm hurting at WR and willing to part with Gronk.

Gronk for Hakeem Nicks? Maybe add in to get Sidney Rice?

I personally wouldn't trade Gronkowski right now... he's about to get even more looks (if that's possible) with Hernandez out. Of course, the defenses are going to be looking for him, but he's too tough to cover perfectly all the time.

I would definitely want more than Nicks for Gronk. Eli isn't throwing 500 yards every game.

Alright guys I need your help. A guy wants to offer Calvin Johnson for Ray Rice straight up.
My RBs: Sproles, , Ridley, P.Thomas, Quizz
My WRs: Julio, Percy, Denarius Moore, Sidney Rice
Should I accept or not?

I would say that you need to keep your best running back (based on your current set of backs). I just don't think Ridley would be reliable enough (based on NE's passing offense, which they should be going back to after a horrible game against the Cardinals) to be your #2 back all the time. He's better off as a spot starter. And you definitely don't want to have to put those other 2 (Thomas, Quizz) in. I know Thomas had a good game, but he's not going to produce consistently enough with Sproles and Ingram around.

Also, you look fine at WR (assuming it's a 2 starting WR league). Julio and Percy can definitely carry your team with spot starts from the other 2 if necessary/during bye weeks.

That trade may be equal, but based on your roster, I wouldn't do it.

Pretty good week. Opponent only has Gonzalez left.
Glad to see Trent have his break out game, not just for my team but for him overall. Big fan of dude and hope he has a great career.

Hey everyone I need help on what i should get in return for trading Aaron Hernandez

This is a 20 team league and this person has 2 good TEs and could wait for Hernandez to return from injury.
Im thinking to try to get Tony Gonzalez.

Im also thinking to include Damian Williams in the trade. What else should i try to get in return?

Dropped Jared Cook last week because I already had Aaron Hernandez. Great...

Also have Forte, hopefully he won't be out too long.

And someone in my league just traded Stafford for Alex Smith. :smh:

Yea I wouldn't even expect an elite QB to put up 20 every week that's not the issue. I think where we disagree is that Spiller's best isn't better than MJD's...I can't see MJD putting up these kind of numbers with both offenses having similar issues
Well, MJD ran for 1,600 and 8 TD, plus 400 and 3 TDs receiving with a so far "worse" version of Gabbert in 2011-2012.

I've watched C.J. Spiller since Clemson, his biggest asset is speed. Not saying he won't continue to produce, but with Stevie as the only other Buffalo option, defenses have the wise option to game-plan around stopping C.J. and loading up the box. Forcing him east-to-west and not north-to-south.

CJ2K definitely not the $68 I paid for him in my money auction league, but on the bright side is that I have Shady McCoy and a plethora of RB's that are a likely injury away from puttin' up numbers. Bush, David Wilson, Rashad Jenning....Although I'm wondering if I should keep Rashad much longer.
I think Jennings' value was W1 or W2 at latest. His time is passed and gone, unless you believe MJD picks up a knock without camp.

Disappointing week :smh:....benched Vick In favor of schaub, had Dez, B.Marshall, DMC, and Fleener...only production I got was from Seattle D and some from Doug Martin and ADP....my team has around 60 total points right now...
Oh well hoping to bounce back next week...its a long season.
Keep your head up, homie. Long season. Can't win 'em all.

Last edited:
It was all good a week ago :smh:

Working on vetoing my own trade :lol:

[COLOR=#red]Champ[/COLOR], Please tell me you rolled with your gut on that one deal.

Steven Jackson and Ben Tate
CJ2K's literally last early chance comes W3 against Detroit, because a week after he draws Houston, a tough run defense since Wade took over. I wouldn't hesitate to start S-Jax over CJ2K if not for the wary Chicago match-up at Soldier Field. I can't justify starting Tate over S-Jax or CJ2K as a backup getting most of his production in the third and fourth-quarters. However, something to track is S-Jax's alleged "benching" for unsportsmanlike conduct on Sunday, courtesy of Fisher.

Smh 4 leagues, so many underwhelming performances :smh: :smh:

Next year in going WR/QB heavy in the first rounds :smh:

one of my $100 teams, im up by 2...got Megatron, and J.Hanson goin along wit Roddy and McGahee 2morrow. Im goin against R.Moss and Peyton 2morrow. Guess Ill just have to pray on that one. Lookin at 1-1. (had Hernandez and Forte and sat Luck for Romo vs SEA smh)
other $100 team...up by 27 and got Turner goin 2morrow. Goin against V.Davis, Stafford and Pettigrew (hopefully Stafford dont go all Eli on me (6pts per passing TD league)) Hopefully ill go 2-0...oh yeah i benched Vick for RGIII :smokin
Vernon Davis probably the only player you're annoyed with next day.

I see the CJ2k talk is rampant. Question for all his owners, what's your gameplan for him? Play the matchups? Trade? Bench?
Trade would be appropriate, but be wary of vulture managers attempting to buy super-low expecting you to offload CJ2K easily or cheaply.

He should still command a very solid RB2 or WR2 at worst. Meaning CJ2K for Doug Martin is a risk, but I'd take the Martin side knowing it goes against ADP.

I'd offer CJ2K for Spiller in all leagues to see if the opposing manager bites. I'm not as high on C.J. as some of you seem to be, but he's still a clear producer for Buffalo right up there with Stevie.

i have that fool chris johnson on 3 out of 4 of my fantasy team. I'm going to see how he and the titans do against the lions next week at home. If its a repeat of week 1 and 2, I'm benching him and see if I can trade him for a WR/TE or draft picks I'm not letting him stick around my team like I did last year.
If CJ2K lays another dud against Detroit, absolutely sit him for Houston in W4.

Just had a deal accepted:

(Sending)
WR Wes Welker
WR Sidney Rice
TE Tony Gonzalez

(Receiving)
RB Darren McFadden
TE Fred Davis

I feel like I have WR covered (with DeSean Jackson, Michael Crabtree, and Anquan Boldin... 18 team league, mind you)... TE will platoon between Scott Chandler and Fred Davis now... and I didn't have to give up either of my RB's worth anything (Willis McGahee and Michael Bush).

Obviously, I'm banking on McFadden and Davis coming out of their slumps... I'm betting that against solid projected production from Gonzalez, ok-production from Rice, and very questionable status from Welker.

Thoughts now that the deal is completed/waiting approval?

I had CJ on the bench this week in favor of DMC and Doug Martin. DMC has been suspect too, he may get benched in WK3. Titans and Raiders just have bad O-lines, and fall behind quick and have to pass. I'm resorting to match-up plays for them from here on out. Next week I'm going with Doug martin (v DAL) and Darren Sproles (v KC), until CJ (v DET) or DMC (v PIT) show me something.
Hey Champ question for you,
Thinking about dropping Cobb for Amendola...thoughts?
I agree with that RB play. Sproles looked more comfortable with injury in W2 against Carolina racking up 13 receptions. KC's DEF has been a major disappointment as a whole, should get better with Flowers re-acclimating himself. McFadden had a poor W2, and PIT DEF is not a favorable match-up. Might slightly consider CJ2K against DET as a last chance over Martin, but Doug will always get his carries under Schiano. So Martin and Sproles it is.

I would pick up Amendola because of the rapport with Bradford, he's most valuable in PPR leagues hands down. Might not drop Cobb though, he has value as a utility player for GB getting touches in various ways under McCarthy. Any other options to drop?

1 - 3 week, on that garbage td by Pettigrew
:smh:
Spiller came through but couldn't over come losing Gates and Hernandez
You had both and lost both players in the same week? Brutal. That's just tough luck. But shake it off and try to mend your roster short-term with temporary fixes at TE like Pitta, Bennett, etc.

A guy wants to offer me either Greg Jennings or Chris Johnson for Stevan Ridley.
Which one should I go for? I still believe in Chris Johnson though
I'd take Johnson before Jennings, but either is a steal IMO for Ridley. You're selling very high on the NE RB. I wonder if Vereen becomes a factor in the backfield after injury.

Hernandez owner checking in. Who should I target in a trade? Pitta, Celek, or Witten?
Witten is the best and most consistent of the three you listed. Celek second. Pitta third. Pitta could surpass Celek if he continues to produce in Cam's no-huddle.

Is Martellus Bennett available in the FA pool?

Back
Top Bottom