2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead friday night with it thunderstorming in NYC.

I was rewatching game 6 and 7 of last years finals between the Heat and Spurs. Wow was that a MAN'S game. Clearly the two best teams go straight toe to toe. That passion from the Spurs, lebron with no headband, everyone diving everywhere, etc :smokin

When Lebron's headband came off and he thought nothing of it, dozens of NTers pissed down their legs in fear.

spurs showed some grit in gm7. expected them to be blown out after devestating 6. still cant believe timmy missed that bunny over battier (?)
no way heat was losing that gm. was way closer than i imagined

Last edited:
i really had it a toss up last year, had no idea who was gonna win... this year the spurs look crazy good, and want revenge from last year... i dont see us beating them this year if we get passed the pacers, they seem on a different level...

What do yall think the value is on these Thabo Sefolosha game/practice worn "autographed" (actually he just wrote his number on the bottom, actually probably the equipment manager did) Nike Air Hyperquickness sz16s are? Should I hurry up and eBay them before he crushes their value? Are they worth more just without even associating them to him? I paid $100 for them, think I'll recoup?

View media item 987079

put them on ebay, i bet the most you would get is $100-120 and thats a stretch. srs

you never know tho, randomly a few THabo/THunder fans could see em and end up selling for more than what you paid.

From the 2011 finals.

Yeah but he's come up huge in soooo many other moments that I just thought it was unfair to label him as "unclutch" or whatever just because he had a bad series.

Dude had two huge turnovers with less than 40 seconds to go of game 6 last year, along with a couple misses from three.

If Ray Allen didn't hit that shot, Lebron gets crucified all summer. Jesus literally saved that boy.

BOSH SAVED THE HEAT LAST YEAR ALL THE CREDIT GOES TO RAY ALLEN  BUT TAKE BOSH'S REBOUND OUT AND BOOM SPURS WIN.

BRON GETS SUMMER SLANDER

Lets skip the lebron slander and stick to the cp0 slander i feel so lonely as the only cp0 hater where are all my cp0 haters?

I hope based god curses cp0s fat self

Man....

The Ray Allen 3.

The bar I was at erupted.

People rooting for spurs, people rooting for the heat, people just watching the game.

It was wild.

Game 6 :smokin

My phone was dead and I missed the first half. When I finally got to an outlet to turn my phone back on, Timmy had like 30 and 12 in the first half, I thought there was a glitch in my phone :lol:

That whole sequence of the final minute was amazing and stressful to watch

Game 6 pop over played timmyy in the first half. He didn't play the same way he did the 1st half just didn't have the same energy. You could tell they were going for the kill that game. All the desperation that the players were playing with was :smokin I love going on YouTube and watching people's reactions to the shot.

Lebron James was straight awe inspiring in games 6 & 7 man. Talk about willing a team to a championship.

Come to think of it, Lebron James in must win / big type game scenarios throughout his career has been incredible...historically incredible. Makes you wonder where the "he isn't clutch" criticism came from.
I don't think he's been historically incredible in clutch situations...  He is a great player, so most of the time he's going to have a great impact on the game.

i really had it a toss up last year, had no idea who was gonna win... this year the spurs look crazy good, and want revenge from last year... i dont see us beating them this year if we get passed the pacers, they seem on a different level...

This is exactly what i said.
They are looking for revenge, its going to be very hard to beat them this time.

Spurs absorb the energy from the teams they beat this year it seems like. Every series win they get faster. That's crazy.

Here is the thing about game 6, and game 7 of the nba finals of last year.
The Spurs had 4 chances to win PERIOD.
1. They had regulation....2. After Ray hit the 3, they had a few seconds to hit a shot in regulation. 3. Over Time. 4. GAME 7.

The Spurs failed 4 times to close out games, they didn't deserve to win, and the Heat Beat them str8 up.
The Heat came back in the last min. It was Lebron who lead the charge, after his headband got knocked off, even with the few turnovers that he had in game 6. He made it a 3 point game, and Ray tied it with a 3. The Heat shook the Spurs up, put them in difficult situations at the end of game 6. Spurs were so nervous they missed free throws.

Game 7, Lebron just took over. Destroying the spurs game plan, of letting him shoot, and he shot LIGHTS OUT PERIOD

So to you haters bringing up Lebron had turnovers, and what would have happened if Ray didn't hit that 3, suck it up and deal with it, Ray hit the 3, Lebron closed out game 7, and you were upset that Lebron WON again, and didn't get crucified by anyone in the summer.

Last edited:
[quote name="Osirus"]Heat vs. Spurs is the only matchup I wanna see. Rematch > ******ation.[/quote]So you're ok with Heat/Thunder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom