2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say this about Wilt, he was a great passer and had a great shot for a big man, and those two qualities would translate well.

IDK if he's be able to run the floor and blow past todays athletes like he was able to.

Also don't know if he'd be able to shoot over todays guys as easily as he was able to. He'd have success shooting the ball, but not to the obscene level of success he enjoyed during his heyday.

Last edited:
First off, shaq and Hakeem ain't playing today, their primes were years ago on top of that. Wilt was 7'1, ridiculously athletic, long arms. Besides the points and rebounds, he was a great defender, and damn underrated passer, once leading the league in assists :x . You bring up Dwight. Wilt is taller, stronger, and more athletic. Dwight is considered the best center in today's game, but Wilt wouldn't even be elite? Lol at deandre jordan

dude YOU brought up Shaq so I brought up Hakeem.

Bit slow tonight aren't you?

And saying Wilt is stronger, more athletic than Dwight, or anyone else for that matter based on "feats" is a bit silly. It's all conjecture.

And DeAndre is a fine center, don't think opposing big men were laughing much this season.

You mention dudes like Noah, aged Duncan, and Deandre Jordan, but Wilt ain't even elite... And I'm the slow one tonight :rolleyes

You mention dudes like Noah, aged Duncan, and Deandre Jordan, but Wilt ain't even elite... And I'm the slow one tonight :rolleyes

guarantee both DeAndre and Noah would give Wilt fits trying to put up those jumpers.

Notice how Bill Russell shut that **** down when the chips were on the line.

Dude I get it, you can't be objective in this discussion. He was a San Fran Warrior. You're a huge San Fran sports fan, I see the avy. I get it dude, I get it. It's alright.

Last edited:
Lol at huge San Fran sports fan. Assumptions seem to be your game. You must be a Laker fan because your avy, corns. Russell sure did shut him down holding him to 25 and 25. Noah would definitely give him fits, the same way he gave Nene fits in playoffs...oh wait. Wonder if Deandre ever got shut down to the level of 25 and 25...

If Pacers were in the West they would've been 1st round exit.

If Miami was in the West they would've been out every year in WCF or Semi

All these "What If's" boy just be quiet and STAY MAD!!
Making up all these useless possibilities that would NEVRR happen.

THE FACT IS, The Heat are in the finals again.

No.
The fact is LeBron isn't great. He crumbles in last few minutes. He can't handle pressure.

F he was on the west no way he makes it past 3 good teams.

Spurs and a inexperienced OKC??? Yah ok lmaooooo.....

4 straight finals is very impressive. Regardless of the team, theres a reason it doesnt happen so often. The physical and mental toll it takes is extremely overlooked.

You guys act like the greats didn't have other HOFers on their squads

Man people really bringing up Oscar Robertson? Who here has seen him play live? No YouTube! These IF post are ridiculous. Some people can't handle reality. The west has only 2-3 teams that are championship material Spurs, Thunder and maybe the clippers all the other teams had good records but really aren't serious contenders.
80s lakers get a lot of praise but they weren't really challenged in the west IF you look back at it. All the beasts were in the east at the time Celtics, 76ers, Pistons.

Everyone complains about how easy the Heat's path to the finals were but don't realize what the Showtime Lakers faced.

1984 playoffs
38 win Kansas City Kings
43 win Dallas Mavericks
41 win Suns in the WC Finals

1985 Playoffs
36 win Suns
42 win Blazers
52 win Nuggets

1986 Playoffs
35 win Spurs
44 win Mavs
51 win Rockets ( A series they lost)

1987 Playoffs
37 win Nuggets
42 win Warriors
39 win Supersonics

1988 Playoffs
31 win Spurs
47 win Jazz
53 win Mavs

1989 Playoffs
39 win Blazers
47 win Supersonics
55 win Suns

All years the Lakers had the 1 seed.
How are these any different from what the Heat faced this season?

43 win Bobcats
44 win Nets
56 win pacers

The 80 and 82 season when the lakers won their first two championships with magic and Kareem the playoffs only had the top 6 teams play. The #1 & #2 seed got first round bye's!
So for the 2 years the lakers only played 2 series before going to the finals

1984 was the first year the nba played 8 teams from each conference and the first round was only 5 games

Last edited:
Dude Bron has 2 of the best players of his era playing alongside him.

Oscar had no such help as a Royal.

If we're talking about the help they had you should look at who bird played with and who magic came in the league with

I don't really come in here much so I'm not sure if guys are trolling or just dont want to acknowledge lebrons greatness

Last edited:
Dude Bron has 2 of the best players of his era playing alongside him.

Oscar had no such help as a Royal.

If we're talking about the help they had you should look at who bird played with and who magic came in the league with

I don't really come in here much so I'm not sure if guys are trolling or just dont want to acknowledge lebrons greatness

Lebron's a great player, I won't argue with that. Also, congrats to the Heat, 4 straight finals appearance is a great feat regardless of conference.

On another note, you can't really compare how the big three was formed to magic and bird's teams. Correct me if im wrong but Magic and Worthy were drafted by the Lakers, developed and became great playing for the Lakers. They didn't join in as established stars in the league to play with one another. Sure KAJ wqs already great but is it MAgic's fault to get drafted by the Lakers?

Of course they didn't join other great players, they were all already surrounded by future HOF'ers.

I don't get why people don't understand this, :lol:

People really expected LeBron to stick around w/ Mo Williams as the 2nd best player on the roster?

Not everybody has the luxury of being traded to LA at an early age and gets to play w/ one of the most dominate C's of all time.

Hate to break it to you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
^repped.

Dudes getting really cute in finding ways to discredit Lebron. Using the way the big 3 formed is one of the lamest IMO. When your ownership/management is too incompetent to bring in legit help, then you have to take matters into your own hand. Kobe was pleading with management for more help for years and management was able to land Gasol. Wtf is the difference between that and going and getting help yourself when management isn't able to do so?

Now four Finals in a row (along with a long Olympics for the stars) is something to shake your head at. Some of you ******* females are disgusting man :lol: please squat over a bucket and queef all that goddamn sand outta your collective vaginas.

Pro unloaded a full clip, cotdamn. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It always comical to me the emotional roller coaster these dudes go on with the success LeBron and the Heat have had the last few years.

The lengths some of y'all go to discredit any and everything he does now is straight up pitiful and sad.

"But....But......But MJ or Kobe never had to join forces with other All Stars to form a superteam!"

That's because MJ and Kobe played with HOFers, all time greats, All Stars during their title runs and in the Kobe's case management reloaded to bring in Pau Gasol and surround him with a supporting cast that gave him the opportunity to win two more titles.

And I'm not saying this to diminish with MJ or Kobe did, just stating facts.

The only team LeBron has been on comparable to those Bulls and Lakers team in terms of talent top to bottom is the Heat.

And this isn't a "everyone should universally love LeBron and appreciate his greatness" rant so miss me with that. Victor Page and the homie DSK are two of the biggest LeBron detractors on here and that's fine. No one ever comes at them because they don't spew nonsense like "LeBron has no skills" or "LeBron is fabrication created by David Stern and the NBA."

They drop a "***** boy" comment here and there and keep it moving. :lol: No harm, no foul.

And DubA.....well DubA is a special case, we just let him be. :lol:

Now the Heat going to four straight Finals is "meh" as if it was a foregone conclusion, when prior to season starting all the talk was "Miami is gonna run out of gas." "Making it to 4 straight Finals is going to very difficult."  Personally, I had my doubts about them making it to the Finals given the playoff runs they've been on the last few years. Figured all the wear and tear of playing 300+ games would take a toil on them, and it still might in the Finals for all I know.

The East has been the inferior conference for decades now, that's not breaking news. And if Miami was in the West would they be going to four straight Finals? Probably not. But making it to 4 straight Finals is still quite an accomplishment.

Just had to quote cause people tend to scroll past lengthy factual things, even if it is in yellow

Pacers squad was filled with some gumps. Majority of the team probably made David West sick.

West and Lance are the only two on that team with consistent passion. Everyone else fades in and out, gets complacent, etc. Shame they were talented enough to make this a good series, but Hibbert is a ghost and PG isn't a leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom