2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
David West is soft too, they all got that serious little brother inferiority complex from the coach, down to their supposed best player and on down. Lance is the only one I have any respect for on that squad and hopefully he gets on the first thing smokin out of Indy preferably down to S. Figueroa and the purple and gold. We'd actually appreciate a talent like Born Ready.

Swaggy P's sorry *** ain't coming back hopefully. Lance could thrive under Bean's guidance though.

After seeing his antics this year, I doubt Kobe could reach him. He's entertaining as hell to watch but he's definitely not the type I'd want to build my team around. It's a shame too cause that kind of talent is rare.

Im really getting sick and tired of people tryin to knock LeBron's legacy because he linked up with Wade and Bosh.
The fact of the matter is that LeBron has carried this team since the big three were formed.

During their first championship run in 2011-2012 Wade only played 49 GAMES. This season he only played 54 GAMES.
Only averaging 22.1 in 2011-2012( His 4th lowest PPG game average IN HIS CAREER) and 19.0 PPG this season( His 2nd lowest PPG total IN HIS CAREER)
And thats is not to say that DWade is not still a threat but he has not been the same "Flash" ever since this team was formed.

Chris Bosh was also hurt for a good amount of the 2011-2012 season playing in only 57 of the 82 game season.
And his stat totals have also gone down since joining the Heat, grabbing less offensive AND defensive rebounds as well as a decrease in ppg.

So IN REALITY the 1st championship WAS ALL LEBRON. ILL SAY IT AGAIN. IT WAS ALL LEBRON.

LeBron on the other hand played 79 games 2010-2011, 62 games 2011-2012, 76 games 2012-2013, and 77 games this season. He has been the only consistent susperstar on the Heat roster.

Also with all the talk of "The Big 3" forming people swore up and down that LeBron would no longer be the same player as he was in Cleveland because he would have to "share the ball more" and would probably become" more of a facillitator" than the scoring phenom he was with the Cavs.
Quite the contrary. His PPG dropped only .9ppg from 27.8 to 26.9.
He has a better FG%(Both 2 pointers and 3-pointers), has more rebounds,the same amount of steals, and a better FT% while attempting LESS FTs.

ONCE AGAIN, he has been the ONLY CONSISTENT Miami superstar.

But year after year lames always find a way to hate on this man. Or try and discredit his obvious greatness.
Yaw need to just stick to talking about something that he doesnt control. Like his hairline.

Last edited:
Animal Thug was so arrogant in that decision thread. Dudes warned him that Lebron could leave but he kept talking down to dudes and hyping up his Chris Broussard like "sources".

After seeing his antics this year, I doubt Kobe could reach him. He's entertaining as hell to watch but he's definitely not the type I'd want to build my team around. It's a shame too cause that kind of talent is rare.

Some of the antics were a bit much but can't blame him since everyone else in the team was scared of Miami. Ol MJ/Bulls of this era, don't tug on superman's cape terry cloth dudes.

Already have an ultra competitive guy in Kobe. I'd think he'd embrace the crazy and competitiveness and passion Lance brings like he did Ron and Matt Barnes to a lesser extent. Even more so cause the talent is definitely there just have tofocus it a little bit better.

Now that their season is over I can't wait to find out WTH was/is the problem with the Pacers.

Never seen a team that has the chance to go to the finals play with no emotion and no heart. :smh:

You do know that 2011-2012 was the lockout season right? And Wade did avg 23, 5 and 5 in the playoffs. This is the thing that gets a little irritating it's not enough that LBJ is great, he's carrying a bunch of bums again like in CLE when it's clearly not the case. It's just not true even remotely, especially in these playoffs this year and in the previous 2 years as well.

I won't even mention the fact that aside from Wade's health that the dynamic and roles of those guys have changed partly because of Bron's assumption of being the lead guy after year one and the catering of their offense to feature him like in CLE and regulate Bosh to a 3 point shooter for the majority and Wade to an off the ball type guard because that's too much logic.

The team when brought together initially was supposed to be a juggernaut where they had 3 guys who could get 30 potentially every night. That 1st season they were and got to the finals, everyone showed up except LBJ against salad and they lost. Next year they changed philosophies and made LNJ the guy, Wade and Bosh took regressed roles and is resulted in two titles. Their team is still constructed where either of them can be featured depending on the matchup and yes Bron has had to take more of a load during the regular season because of Wade's health, but there's been plenty of times where LBJ has been struggling and Wade, Bosh, or the role players have stepped up during big playoff games. It's a great team not just one great player and a bunch of nobodies.

Last edited:
Swaggy P's sorry *** ain't coming back hopefully. Lance could thrive under Bean's guidance though.

I'm sure Kobe appreciates how Lance plays as well as his antics but there is absolutely no way the two of them could play together. There would be blood.

I don't think anyone really hates LBJ and those appreciate him.

It's the same way how fans hated MJ for destroying their teams chances to ever see a Finals.

i disagree

you have people whos team is no where near being able to compete that have nothing but hate for the man and his team

As of RIGHT NOW it's hard for me to imagine a team in the East stopping the Heat next year

a Heat/Lebron hater friend of mine simply refuses to acknowledge this

Indiana was the last hope for a East team to compete
i knew getting rod of Grainger was a mistake

but now its pretty much certain that they're going to blow up the team

its over

so i ask
who can seriously compete in the East?

WSH?
nope.

CHI?
nope.

BKLN?
aint PP and KG retiring?
NOPE.

IND?
laughs

the only hope to stop the Heat is in the West

It was All Lebron :lol:

Disgusting :smh:

Anytime a championship is won it's never all anybody it's always a team effort.

As of RIGHT NOW it's hard for me to imagine a team in the East stopping the Heat next year

lebron should never leave miami

the east is weak as ****

the only team that even sniffed the heats nuts were the pacers and they just imploded like that

the way the east looks i wouldnt be surprised if the heat make it to the finals four more times straight after this year. the east is full of young teams with no direction and mediocre to average teams at best. and lance is a s good as gone.

lebron would be nuts to leave the heat and the eastern conference

lebron is in his prime. he just needs good players not superstars and im sure pat riley will make it work

i disagree

you have people whos team is no where near being able to compete that have nothing but hate for the man and his team

comes with sports in general

just like when you was jelly of kobe :lol:

people jelly of lebron

if mj played in this day and age of social media and technology he would just as much hate

Some of you that come back and say LeBron has x, y and z on his team have been the first to say Wade is washed, Rio sucks, Bosh is soft. Too old, too tired. This is what you do to talk yourselves into them losing ...then they win and it's a different story. Pick a side.

And anyone absolving Lance and West is crazy. Mean faces and theatrics don't equal tough or competitive.

Last edited:
Dude Bron has 2 of the best players of his era playing alongside him.

Oscar had no such help as a Royal.

Doesn't matter, He needed to do that in order to get past the celtics, otherwise the celtics would have the same path Miami is having.
Lebron was smart with what he did and its paying off.

If the Bulls could get Love without giving away Noah, and Rose comes back 100% then that would be the team to beat the Heat IMO.

Some of you that come back and say LeBron has x, y and z on his team have been the first to say Wade is washed, Rio sucks, Bosh is soft. Too old, too tired. This is what you do to talk yourselves into them losing ...then they win and it's a different story. Pick a side.

And anyone absolving Lance and West is crazy. Mean faces and theatrics don't equal tough or competitive.

Don't know if this was directed at me but Wade was washed for most of this year, Bosh is still soft and the too old to tired has yet TBD until the finals are over. It doesn't have to be one way or the other, all those things can be true at those moments and he still has x, y, z on his team that makes his job easier and their team a great team cause those guys seem to show up when needed.

It's pretty similar to the Lakers in 2008-2010. Pau was and still is soft as puppy pee, LO was inconsistent, older squad etc. Yet those guys showed up and helped out Kobe when needed because that's what great teams do. It doesn't have to be mutually exclusive, we're allowed to judge what we see in the moment and give our opinions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom