2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably right but with Love and Rondo already in place he'd be a fool to not consider it IMO

Boston will give up ton of assets to get Love & Melo, then you have a team of Rondo, Love & Melo and not much else.

What assets do they have to give up for Melo????

They have to give up a couple for Love, but Melo is gonna be a FA ain't he? That don't cost assets, just cash.

You're probably right but with Love and Rondo already in place he'd be a fool to not consider it IMO

Boston will give up ton of assets to get Love & Melo, then you have a team of Rondo, Love & Melo and not much else.

They have to give up a couple for Love, but Melo is gonna be a FA ain't he? That don't cost assets, just cash.

Arent they over the cap?

I thought Melo can opt out and Boston can acquire him for nothing? Could be wrong.

And Boston has plenty of assets beyond what they're going to give up for Love.

Rondo , Bradley, Melo, Love, and whoever else is legit contender IMO

Arent they over the cap?

How? Who the heck are they paying outside Rondo? Gerald Wallace, but for like a year. I'm not 100 on their cap, but I don't see how they are at it at this moment.

Maybe, but if Carmelo passes on the opportunity to play with Rondo and Love in Boston to return to the Knicks; it's official, Carmelo has no interest in winning a championship. He just wants to get paid and get buckets. Can't say i blame him

how much space does boston have in their salary with their cap holds? don't think they'll be able to sign melo to a large contract with their cap situation.

Maybe, but if Carmelo passes on the opportunity to play with Rondo and Love in Boston to return to the Knicks; it's official, Carmelo has no interest in winning a championship. He just wants to get paid and get buckets. Can't say i blame him
If the Heat don't get it done this year....Bron should probably look at the Celtics too. Or Maybe KD takes less in '16 and heads to Boston if he really cares about championships also...

**** Melo. Hope he either stays with the Knicks or goes to the Lakers.

It's only fair you get your turn having to root for Melo

hi-res-b1a101ad05da40643219910fb1ec2cbf_crop_north.

Melo''s from Boston too, right?

Melo to Boston for you.. Bron to NY for DSK.. I forget who CP hates at the moment but I hope he goes to LA too

Last edited:
BOS would have to trade Gerald Wallace, Jeff Green and Brandon Bass who combined make about $26 million in order to sign Melo (at a max deal starting at about $22 mil) and Love.

Question is would Minny take on 2 of those 3 guys in addition to the draft picks they'd have to give up to get Love. It's possible but highly unlikely.

Last edited:
BOS would have to trade Gerald Wallace, Jeff Green and Brandon Bass who combined make about $26 million in order to sign Melo (at a max deal starting at about $22 mil) and Love.

Question is would Minny take on 2 of those 3 guys in addition to the draft picks they'd have to give up to get Love. It's possible but highly unlikely.

My thoughts exactly

**** Melo. Hope he either stays with the Knicks or goes to the Lakers.

It's only fair you get your turn having to root for Melo

hi-res-b1a101ad05da40643219910fb1ec2cbf_crop_north.

Melo''s from Boston too, right?

Melo to Boston for you.. Bron to NY for DSK.. I forget who CP hates at the moment but I hope he goes to LA too

He's from Boston too?

Bmore, NY, Boston? Where's next? :lol:

#MELOWORLDTOUR

Melo's not going to Boston :lol:

It's either NY or Chicago. No way he goes back to the West to play for LA or Houston.

If I have to hear Steven Adams exit interview again tomorrow on the radio, I'll be driving to and from work in silence.

I disagree with the notion of lance Stephenson not fitting with OKC. Harden needed the ball in his hands a lot, and they thrived with him. Would be the best defensive squad in basketball ability wise

Melo's likely staying in NY. That's a lot of money he's turning down if he goes to another team.
It's not out of question. If he truly felt he could put himself in a better position he'd do so.

That's the problem tho...I don't really see where the grass is greener for Melo. 

Maybe Houston...

That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom