2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** Melo. Hope he either stays with the Knicks or goes to the Lakers.

It's only fair you get your turn having to root for Melo

hi-res-b1a101ad05da40643219910fb1ec2cbf_crop_north.

Melo''s from Boston too, right?

Melo to Boston for you.. Bron to NY for DSK.. I forget who CP hates at the moment but I hope he goes to LA too

I hate LeBron, wish LeBron to LA to teach me a lesson.

****, you gave Bron to NY....I hate Durant, let's do that.

Last edited:
Melo to Chicago wont get him past Miami or maybe even the Pacers.
Melo to LA wont get him past anyone really. He'll have to wait till 2015.
Melo wont go to HOU because NO ONE will take Asik and Lins contracts.

Knicks wont be significant till 2015 either.

He's in a lose lose situation.

Last edited:
Melo's likely staying in NY. That's a lot of money he's turning down if he goes to another team.

It's not out of question. If he truly felt he could put himself in a better position he'd do so.

That's the problem tho...I don't really see where the grass is greener for Melo. 

Maybe Houston...

That's it.

How is it not a good fit in Chicago?

its a nice team

How is it not a good fit in Chicago?

its a nice team

Unless D Rose comes back close to his former self, even with Melo, the Bulls aren't better than Miami (assuming they re-sign LeBron and Bosh).

I disagree with the notion of lance Stephenson not fitting with OKC. Harden needed the ball in his hands a lot, and they thrived with him. Would be the best defensive squad in basketball ability wise

Even beyond our owners being tight wads and never considering it because of his personality and the whole pushed his baby mama down the stairs thing, it's almost literally impossible from a cap perspective to make that move short of him taking the MLE, even if we amnesty Perkins first. Maybe we could s&t him into the Kevin Martin TPE but surely Lance would want more than 6.6mils

Last edited:
A lot of people would sleep on Lance JUST FOR THE SIMPLE FACT that he smashed that girls head on the bottom step, after pushing her down the steps. Nah pass

But...this LBJ interview on NBA TV, haven't seen this special. Gonna check it

Does anyone else watch Open Court on NBA TV? It's always a great watch, real insightful with a mixture of good laughs/stories.

Tonight's episode centered around players who never reached their full potential due to injuries and/or other factors

Last edited:
Does anyone else watch Open Court on NBA TV? It's always a great watch, real insightful with a mixture of good laughs/stories.

Tonight's episode centered around players who never reached their full potential due to injuries and/or other factors
I've watched it a few times. I always see commercials for it on NBATV.

Some guys I can think of who never got to reach their full potential are T-Mac, B Roy, Oden, Penny and Grant Hill. I guess you could throw Yao on that list, too.

I disagree with the notion of lance Stephenson not fitting with OKC. Harden needed the ball in his hands a lot, and they thrived with him. Would be the best defensive squad in basketball ability wise

Harden thrived because Eric maynor got hurt and brooks didn't have a choice

Durant averaged 38.5 mins and Westbrook 35.3 in harden's final year with the team.. Harden was given the keys to the car for the mins both weren't out there (and played mins with just Durant as the main facilitator), it was basically him and collison running pick n roll together

If lance is brought in, I don't think he would be made that 2nd unit guy, where he would have 10-15 mins of "his time"

This was also a major issue with lamb's development, in that brooks tried to make him in that type of player.. When that's not his game

WHOS THE FIRST NAME THATS POPS INTO MIND???

It would be in the Pacers best interest to not overpay Lance, and go after Parsons imo.

Don't have the money to do so.

Parsons contract will be between $9-12mil range.. With RFA, teams sometimes make bids for the hell of it, to jack up the price..

Last edited:
Don't have the money to do so.

Parsons contract will be between $9-12mil range.. With RFA, teams sometimes make bids for the hell of it, to jack up the price..
You know some team is gonna have a "poison pill" in their offer to Parsons. Just like the Rockets did with Lin and Asik. 

"@uuords: Declining Parsons's offer puts HOU in driver's seat. Limits what Parsons can get and gives them all rights to match. Long game."

Also, gives Houston options if they need to include him at a certain salary in S&T, or just turn around and match someone's offer if they can't land Melo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom