2013 Black/Gold Jordan 1 OG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just happy that I'm not one to get caught up in the hype or how limited a shoe is. Maybe I'm just the minority who only buys what I like and could actually see myself wearing but to me this was a very easy pass. I just couldn't picture myself rocking these or something like the corks either. More power to those who liked em and were able to get them.

This release is straight JB school of hard knocks marketing and keeping the brand a going concern. Interest is sparked in the 1s now and they will use releases like this and the royals to sell future releases in similar and diff colorways.

Everyday im getting more tired of JB's business practices and this whole "game"

I feel like going the high end route from now on... I much rather drop $550 on some Balenciagas than the same amount on these :smh:

This release was a shame.

Can't believe that I got shut out.

Thought for sure I would be able to cop.

Damn you JB!

mean.gif
I thought the exact same thing plus was expecting to go into the city real quick but the hype was real 
eek.gif

I'm just happy that I'm not one to get caught up in the hype or how limited a shoe is. Maybe I'm just the minority who only buys what I like and could actually see myself wearing but to me this was a very easy pass. I just couldn't picture myself rocking these or something like the corks either. More power to those who liked em and were able to get them.

This release is straight JB school of hard knocks marketing and keeping the brand a going concern. Interest is sparked in the 1s now and they will use releases like this and the royals to sell future releases in similar and diff colorways.
Preach brother, what I have been saying all along and people are in here defending these kicks like its there first born,

I thought this was a forum about shoes, and if you dont like em or if you point out false info that newbies post, they get all

sandy, but patent leather is for tuxedos, not J's, they will crease and look like crap and nothing about those are classic jordans

sorry there not, and they absolutely did this to hype up the rest of 1s which again all these johnny come latelys are hyped on

but they sat before and will sit again, drop the numbers and make is east coast only and watch the beasts come out! watch the

price and hype drop when the bugs and grapes come out and if not who cares, I aint trippin on these at all, and for all the people

railing against corks, they ugly and lebron is whack and I would still rock those over these 1s anyday!

Preach brother, what I have been saying all along and people are in here defending these kicks like its there first born,
I thought this was a forum about shoes, and if you dont like em or if you point out false info that newbies post, they get all
sandy, but patent leather is for tuxedos, not J's, they will crease and look like crap and nothing about those are classic jordans
sorry there not, and they absolutely did this to hype up the rest of 1s which again all these johnny come latelys are hyped on
but they sat before and will sit again, drop the numbers and make is east coast only and watch the beasts come out! watch the
price and hype drop when the bugs and grapes come out and if not who cares, I aint trippin on these at all, and for all the people
railing against corks, they ugly and lebron is whack and I would still rock those over these 1s anyday!

This guy knows what's up

Probably gonna get heat for this but figure I'd post anyway.. I'll try to make this first post for me short..
I been viewing NT for a while now but never actually signed up on the forums and never really got into collecting Jordan's before just because of the fact of having to deal with resellers and their prices if I didn't get a wristband for a new release that I wanted so I mostly stuck with creative recs, a few Adidas/reebok/nike etc..
Well I saw this release about a month ago and immediately wanted to get a pair being that the 1s are my favorite Jordan and I loved the cw (didn't know they were "limited" at that time)... Fast forward to yesterday and I ended up winning two pairs from two different foot lockers in NYC (Harlem and 11 134th).. My legit first two pairs of Jordan's are these (I know give me heat say I'm a hypebeast; but I'm not).. I'm going to be keeping both pairs for now but eventually might move my second pair down the road for what I paid for them ($140) if I know the person I'm dealing with is a true collector and not gonna resell for his own profit (or fair trade to get my collection going a little bit).. With all the bad talk about resellers on this thread just figured I'd share this and introduce myself to the community and hopefully showing that new people to the game can still respect what it should be about and not just the $$$$

good for you man, hell if this was my first pair i wouldnt even care to be called a HB id jsut shrug and say I got two and you got none 
laugh.gif

. welcome to the forums (im not new just been banned a couple times) and hopefully you can help someone down the road w that extra pair! if you can take some shots thatd be cool too. also recommend you join reddit.com/r/sneakers, theyre a lot more tolerant of "newbie" sneaker collectors and youll be accepted way more quickly, people there are a little nicer as well. if you ever need help w sneaker collecting, or have a question dont be afraid to shoot a PM! 

Haha thanks man.. Def take you up on the advice i appreciate that.. I'll post pics in a minute

Cant really call anyone a hypebeast for buyin a couple pairs of sneakers at retail.

That's true but where I'm from if you don't have a good collection people already think your just being a follower of the trend and not actually a collector

That's true but where I'm from if you don't have a good collection people already think your just being a follower of the trend and not actually a collector
gotta start somewhere, dont pay any attention to the bs. Buy what you like.

@apic2416 welcome to NT fam! Strong first post haha. Definitely not hating on you and glad you were able to get your pairs. Looking forward to those pics!

didnt try to cop, but the more and more i look at them... these are pretty fire.

i only like the royal blue 1 and the black/red 1 but if these ever cross my path, i can consider it.

Hahaha firstiszero going hard after that second pair from the generous guy with two. He should know he's going to see the new screen name sneaker grandfather post a ton too.

I notice the phishtroll had no response for the 49 page thread showing him some OG PL 1's. typical. I see the term hypebeast get thrown around incorrectly a lot by everyone. That guy is the absolute definition of what the term means. Not that it's even a derigatory term. If you don't care to know anything about what you spend your money on, and be absolutely clueless with terrible opinions because you're riding a fad, then that's just something you like to do to enjoy your life. But there's still a term for it.

LOL at Juskin interpreting what he quoted as the same thing he said hahahahaha! It's cool man, you can admit you like em now. You've come back in here enough times and made long winded, awful posts, We know you like em.

not at all bruh. got offered 340 BIN for these and couldve easily taken it, but i got my eyes set on them am1 milans & mints and roshe run mango v2's. now those im going hard after 
happy.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif
 I was just messin with ya.  $340 is not $140 though so that in't really comparable.  I wouldn't have bought them for $340 either.  Never.  But I'd love to have them for $140.  Good luck on those runners though, the AM1 Milan's are
pimp.gif
.  Not a roshe fan personally, but I can see what people do like about them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom