2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

They haven't been a Western conference contender for a while and they still won't be.

This move doesn't change that, it only will make it more difficult in the coming years by having all that $ tied to guys who aren't projected to get any better.

NBA getting the Futbol money
Benefits of having established itself as one of the more popular sports in the world and i'm loving it, Roger Goodell probably salty it which means i'm loving it even more 
pimp.gif

The scenes when Lebron signs 200 mil after his player option.

Not all the deals are bad...

The Conley deal is bad
The Parsons deal is bad
The Beal deal is bad.

Paying guys with huge injury risk is just iffy to me.

Clippers meeting with Durant was “intense” and “at one point Steve Ballmer was crying” but everyone grew closer and a big lesson was learned

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
Gregg Pop won't be all up in the meeting room crying and dancing all on the sidelines. If you want to deal with professionalism come to San Antonio...

But seriously everyone is wasting their time.

Benefits of having established itself as one of the more popular sports in the world and i'm loving it, Roger Goodell probably salty it which means i'm loving it even more :pimp:

Why would Roger be salty about NBA players being overpaid? I'm pretty sure the NFL swamps the NBA in revenue. If anything he's laughing at these contracts.

Not all the deals are bad...

The Conley deal is bad
The Parsons deal is bad
The Beal deal is bad.

Paying guys with huge injury risk is just iffy to me.

Moz deal is bad
DeRozan deal is bad
Turner deal is bad
Noah deal is bad

Other than that there have been some good ones, Ish, Fournier, Clarkson, Bazemore, Al Jeff.

Why would Roger be salty about NBA players being overpaid? I'm pretty sure the NFL swamps the NBA in revenue. If anything he's laughing at these contracts.

Exactly. :lol:

Goddell basically getting away with murder because NFLPA has no pull.

Benefits of having established itself as one of the more popular sports in the world and i'm loving it, Roger Goodell probably salty it which means i'm loving it even more :pimp:  

Thing is, Bron actually deserves that 200 million and even going into his mid 30's will provide value on that deal.

How ironic
that is to say , it's insane to think the best selling rappers in 2016 are selling less records than chingy in 2003 . We can all grasp the idea of people getting albums for free online resulting in plummeting cd sales .

The numbers of some of these contracts and the names attached to them can still be shocking to read .

Less than Chingy :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Benefits of having established itself as one of the more popular sports in the world and i'm loving it, Roger Goodell probably salty it which means i'm loving it even more 
pimp.gif
I say that not about the contracts and money but the global appeal aspect. Basketball has become one of the more popular sports and the NBA being the go to league, now there are legit leagues in France and Spain and have been tons of europeans and south americans drafted over the years more frequently. Goodell wants to create the same popularity for the NFL globally but hasn't been able to do so at least not yet.

When it comes to the contracts I hope one day the NFLPA can get their **** together and get those guys paid too they deserve it.

pimp.gif

Thing is, Bron actually deserves that 200 million and even going into his mid 30's will provide value on that deal.
I agree Lebron does deserve that deal.

Last edited:
Bucks low key did well yesterday.

Delly is a very competent backup and they getting his best years.

AND they signed my guy Teletovic, who teams really slept on. Getting a stretch 4 small ball 5 who shoots 40% from 3 on high volume?

Excellent.

They could make some real interesting lineups next year.

Delly
Middleton
Giannis
Bari
Teletovic

3 good 3pt shooters, a lot of length on defense, two elite mid range guys, one elite finisher/playmaker and the ability to switch a good amount on defense.

They obviously have to get rid of MCW.

Was kinda' hoping Deng would get 20 M's but still good for him, solid pick-up for Lakers but he's kinda slow now so I hope they aren't bringing him in to play SF

Last edited:
Also shouts to the Thunder who could've signed Teletovic and he would've fit perfectly but no.

Also shouts to the team that will overpay Ryan Anderson when they could've gotten Mirza for 10 million per.

LAKERS ARE YOU ******* SERIOUS?????

18 MILLION PER FOR LUOL DENG AT AGE 31-34 IN HIS 12TH YEAR.

YOU JUST DRAFTED RANDLE AND BRANDON INGRAM.

HOLY **** THIS FA HAS BEEN HORRIBLE FOR THEM, LIKE UNBELIEVABLY HORRIBLE.

Last edited:
With both JJ and Deng gone...how exactly can the Knicks offer more $ to Wade than the Heat now?

Back
Top Bottom