2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

If I was in the league it would be all about the money for me. Few players walk into the league and have things like legacies thrown at them where it has to be about multiple rings.

For everyone else money >>>>>>
Yup. Folks like Tmac, Vince, CP, Melo are the ones that should be worried about the rings. If my name is Solomon Hill, just keep paying me!!!

@ZachLowe_NBA:
LAL now at point where even trading Lou and stretching Swaggy doesn't get them double-max space next summer. Even if they give 1st rd pick

Naa Mitch is just playing 3D chess,he's got everything planned out...

They finally realized they are going to rebuild this like most teams and not think of themselves as THEE Lakers and just offer max cap space and the city of LA.

Heh.

Life comes at you rapidly. Thought it was gonna be one way after #24 retired...but it's another...

At least they still got Master Splinter and Ingram though. If I were a fan, I'd be looking at a picture of the young talent like the Wolverine meme.

Heh.

Life comes at you rapidly. Thought it was gonna be one way after #24 retired...but it's another...

At least they still got Master Splinter and Ingram though. If I were a fan, I'd be looking at a picture of the young talent like the Wolverine meme.
This new LA team will be better than than the past 4 years

Are ya'll really this silly?

Do you really think its that simple to say "Conley walks, just re-sign another PG?" No. The main reason Marc stayed was because of Conley. The only reason we got Parsons was because of Conley. A big reason why the Grizz were a good team over the last 6 years was because of Conley.

If Conley leaves, its rebuilding time.
And what's the issue with that? You drafted Conley & Rudy Gay didn't you? You guys are pretty spot on if the pick is high.

You just gave a quarter of a billion to two players who don't even guarantee a 2nd round appearance. You're gonna have to do a full rebuild, you're just delaying the inevitable & wasted 250 mil to scratch & claw to get out of the 1st round.

Conley can't hit a damn thing in the playoffs, Marc doesn't like to shoot, Z-Bo is declining & sucks against San Antonio anyway, Parsons has missed 20 games each in the past two years and his advanced numbers (and the eye test) point to him being an average player.

What exactly is this team going to do in May? This core was given SEVERAL years to make something happen & didnt. Got beat in the 1st round a few times, got swept other times. With the current west landscape, they're first round fodder and are hellbent on remaining there until it's time to rebuild. Ridiculous. Conley and Parsons getting maxes from the same team under ANY salary cap is a bad move.

Last edited:
Heh.

new coach too. I don't see playoffs for the Lakers this year with this roster but next year perhaps. Unless Ingram comes out and goes Anthony Davis on the league

Heh.

new coach too. I don't see playoffs for the Lakers this year with this roster but next year perhaps. Unless Ingram comes out and goes Anthony Davis on the league

30 wins max

If you aren't a superstar it should be all about the money. Athletes have a limited amount of time to really max out their earning potential.

Get paid young _ get paid - young dolph voice :nthat:

Nfl players are practically crash dummies and they are definitely underpaid. They need guaranteed contracts honestly

Last edited:
Lakers fans who is starting in your frontcourt out of these 4: Ingram, Randle, Mozgiv, Deng?

Lu is better than Randle at both ends still. He'd be the starter and play more mins on most teams.

Sucks for Randle. I know he was looking forward to big mins.

Last edited:
I always thought the NBA should do guaranteed money like the NFL does. Like take Deron Williams or any other player who didn't live up to the contract. He got a $100M contract but after he signed was only really worth maybe $50M. Nets could cut him after the $50M guaranteed was paid and not be on the hook for the other half.

I always thought the NBA should do guaranteed money like the NFL does. Like take Deron Williams or any other player who didn't live up to the contract. He got a $100M contract but after he signed was only really worth maybe $50M. Nets could cut him after the $50M guaranteed was paid and not be on the hook for the other half.
Nah. These dudes are filthy rich. You want to give a quarter BILLION to two dudes with zero all star games or all NBA teams, you gotta pay them 100% of that.

Should've given your decisions a little more thought.

Of course on the other end, you have the D Wills who just rapidly decline unexpectedly, but that doesn't happen to most of these dudes.

Last edited:
Lakers fans who is starting in your frontcourt out of these 4: Ingram, Randle, Mozgiv, Deng?
Probably Mozgov, Randle and Deng to start.

Would not be surprised to eventually see Mozgov, Deng and Ingram.
Damn...y'all don't plan on starting the 2nd overall pick?? :x :x

Also...I wanted Deng on the Wolves :frown: we probably couldn't give him the years y'all did tho

Nah. These dudes are filthy rich. You want to give a quarter BILLION to two dudes with zero all star games or all NBA teams, you gotta pay them 100% of that.

Should've given your decisions a little more thought.
coming off of major injuries

Last edited:
@garykester 4m4 minutes ago
Bresnahan reported that the Lakers envision Ingram being the starter right away.

Back
Top Bottom