2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Portland is in no rush because he's restricted and they said they'll match anything. Other teams are in no rush because Portland could tie them up for the full 3 days, and then match it. It's too early in the process to allow those 3 days to go to waste.

BUT...if Portland keeps signing guys, they'll have to renounce Crabbe's cap hold...and then all bets are off.

Nope. Nay. Hell no. If an owner chooses to hire Billy King to make personnel moves and OK's his deals, then he should be able to live with the decisions made. Too bad. Should've known what you were getting into.

All long-term contracts are inherently risky. Both sides know what it is when the pen is put to that paper. Ain't no do-overs here ***.

Billy ******* King.

******* worst GM I've ever seen man.

I'm convinced a good majority of us on this board could've done a better job.

Billy ******* King.

******* worst GM I've ever seen man.

I'm convinced a good majority of us on this board could've done a better job.

I wanted to punch my TV watching him on NBA TV talking about free agency last night. Not sure how he ever had a major position. Definitely has naked pics of someone in power, doing something with animals

Last edited:
Th best thing the Grizz have done in this past 5-7 year run of their was push around the clippers.

Not gonna lie, it was :pimp: seeing Blake and Co being picked on :lol:

Ingram has a ton of pressure on his shoulders. Its all on him.

He;s going to look lost out there for about 35 games. Let the kid learn and make mistakes.

Not even a Laker fan, but he's a good one.

Deng and Mozgov :rofl:

I love it. Love it more when Laker fans will start to spin it and how its good move.

He;s going to look lost out there for about 35 games. Let the kid learn and make mistakes.

Deng and Mozgov :rofl:

I love it. Love it more when Laker fans will start to spin it and how its good move.

quit being a blind hater and think logically

mozgov and deng. both vets who dont require the ball to be effective or have the personality that you dont want around 4 young players who will be your main core for a long time

was lebron james and kd supposed to walk through that door of a 17win team?

Feel for Dirk.

He needs to be freed.

Dallas fails every year trying to land big players (don't tell me Wes Matthews and Parsons are big players when they really wanted Jordan or Aldridge).

Cut Dirk free.

Feel for Dirk.

He needs to be freed.

Dallas fails every year trying to land big players (don't tell me Wes Matthews and Parsons are big players when they really wanted Jordan or Aldridge).

Cut Dirk free.
Dirk too loyal :smh: Mark Cuban and co don't deserve him

Only real big loss is Deng but if it means there's gonna be room to bring back Wade then that's a sacrifice I can get down with. Plus no one in their right mind would refuse that offer from the Lakers
roll.gif
bazemore did, word is he turned down the same offer to stay in ATL

Deng and Mozgov
roll.gif

ingram wont be looked at as a savior

the team has a very young core and a first time young coach

expectations are to see development from them not immediate results.

deng and moz will help take a load off the youg core

it remains to be seen who really is the leader of that core though,

clarkson looks primed to take on a leadership role

russell needs to perform well for ppl to get passed his off the court mistakes

ingram just has to play within himself and the offense the team chooses to run

randle needs to show he isnt a one trick pony

quit being a blind hater and think logically

mozgov and deng. both vets who dont require the ball to be effective or have the personality that you dont want around 4 young players who will be your main core for a long time

was lebron james and kd supposed to walk through that door of a 17win team?

for real though, you and make 1 person (both Laker fans) are fine with the moves.

We're all haters then.

Nobody talking about KD or Lebron. Those are unrealistic signings.

But you guys literally whiff on EVERYONE decently significant. Signing bottom of the barrel type of guys and justifying the we got 4 young players to build around line. Got players openly telling the world their pitch was damn awful.

Last year, it was 3 young players, this year its 4, next year, you'll be saying we have 5 young players, and the year after, 6 young players. See the trend?

Its baffling. As a non-Laker fan, I'm a believer the playoffs just is better with the Lakers involved. Just like how i think baseball is better with the Yankees in the playoffs.

But keep the faith. At least you have the SF Giants.

bazemore was smart to turn down that offer from the Lakers and Rockets I think. You have competition at your position of D.russell and Harden. Atlanta looks to be a contender for years to come in the east.

bazemore did, word is he turned down the same offer to stay in ATL
ingram wont be looked at as a savior
the team has a very young core and a first time young coach
expectations are to see development from them not immediate results.

deng and moz will help take a load off the youg core
it remains to be seen who really is the leader of that core though,
clarkson looks primed to take on a leadership role
russell needs to perform well for ppl to get passed his off the court mistakes
ingram just has to play within himself and the offense the team chooses to run
randle needs to show he isnt a one trick pony

he isn't being look at to be the savior, but what I'm saying is the Lakers really can't win 20 something games next season. They need to get to that 32-35 mark. At the end of the day, they can't just keep signing has beens to fill a roster and saying next year, we'll go after the big guys again.

Lu is better than Randle at both ends still. He'd be the starter and play more mins on most teams.

Sucks for Randle. I know he was looking forward to big mins.

Sucks for the Lakers.

Deng is better now but he will only get worse every year of the deal.

It doesn't even matter that he's better now, Lakers still aren't even a playoff team as currently constructed.

Randle > Deng easily.

The signing by the Lakers have been objectively horrid.

Where Tek to make sense out of what's going on in Miami?
So they have more money now because Deng is gone, JJ is gone, Tyler Johnson may bounce, and I read that Minnesota and Denver are in Haslem, so what is Wade's incentive to stay, even if they gave him all the money he deserves, right now the only starters for sure are Dragic and Whiteside, and honestly I can envision them trading Dragic because his contract looks like a bargain. As it currently stands, it doesn't appear they have enough of a team to lure KD.

EDIT: Winslow will start. Cool, but what happens if he needs to shoot, yikes.
whats happening right now? oh thats simple.. ive got the panic button halfway pressed. all in all, weve lost deng, and joe johnson, so there goes our 3pt shooting options. tyler johnson is probably leaving. bosh is still a huge question mark but in all honesty he's probably done. theres been no word on green or stat. other teams are trying to grab haslem.

but you know what?

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom