2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

The players and yearly salary are fine. The years committed is the problem.

But the Lakers have to start somewhere.

Gregg Pop won't be all up in the meeting room crying and dancing all on the sidelines. If you want to deal with professionalism come to San Antonio...

But seriously everyone is wasting their time.

oh you been studying the east coast west coast beef huh

Where Tek to make sense out of what's going on in Miami?
So they have more money now because Deng is gone, JJ is gone, Tyler Johnson may bounce, and I read that Minnesota and Denver are in Haslem, so what is Wade's incentive to stay, even if they gave him all the money he deserves, right now the only starters for sure are Dragic and Whiteside, and honestly I can envision them trading Dragic because his contract looks like a bargain. As it currently stands, it doesn't appear they have enough of a team to lure KD.

EDIT: Winslow will start. Cool, but what happens if he needs to shoot, yikes.

Last edited:
Where Tek to make sense out of what's going on in Miami?
So they have more money now because Deng is gone, JJ is gone, Tyler Johnson may bounce, and I read that Minnesota and Denver are in Haslem, so what is Wade's incentive to stay, even if they gave him all the money he deserves, right now the only starters for sure are Dragic and Whiteside, and honestly I can envision them trading Dragic because his contract looks like a bargain. As it currently stands, it doesn't appear they have enough of a team to lure KD.
View media item 2088937

I always thought the NBA should do guaranteed money like the NFL does. Like take Deron Williams or any other player who didn't live up to the contract. He got a $100M contract but after he signed was only really worth maybe $50M. Nets could cut him after the $50M guaranteed was paid and not be on the hook for the other half.

Nope. Nay. Hell no. If an owner chooses to hire Billy King to make personnel moves and OK's his deals, then he should be able to live with the decisions made. Too bad. Should've known what you were getting into.

All long-term contracts are inherently risky. Both sides know what it is when the pen is put to that paper. Ain't no do-overs here ***.

Luol Deng

goes to the Heat to replace Bron - nobody cares

goes to the Lakers to replace Kobe - nobody cares

It puts me in the mindset of Jerry Stackhouse going right after Vince Carter in the 2000 dunk contest especially after his first dunk -- nobody cares

Last edited:
we lost joe johnson? smfh its getting ugly fast on the heat. we're about to lose tyler johnson, we're losing joe johnson, we're losing bosh most likely, we're probably losing deng. WHAT. THE. ****. We'll have a starting 5 and 2 towel boys to play with.

all the reason why we were saying Whiteside should have went to the Lakers.

The Heat would be a sell fast type of stock. Lakers are buy low with upside stock.

What Whiteside does have is a GM who pulls stuff out his *** and gets players. I'll give him that.

I think he had 6 mil owed his last year and the mets decided to defer it. With interest and all that he gets a check every year from 2011-35.

Can't remember all the specifics of how it went down, just remembered he got another check yesterday.

That sounds awesome as ****. To me that payday would be up there with every celebrated holiday.

I think Crawford is on his way to Philly, I know this isnt much to go on but he's liking everything on Twitter about him and the Sixers and he just followed Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid. All in the last hour

Last edited:
Portland should be ashamed of themselves signing Turner over Crabbe.

That contract is horrible % wise considering the make up of that roster and his projection for the rest of his career.

Why the **** would you pay that much for a guy who can't shoot, can barely defend and needs the ball in his hands on offense to make a semblance of positive impact?

They already have two guys who should be handling the ball at all times.

Turner also should send Brad Stevens 5 million in cash unmarked.

Seriously. I'm baffled. (Que the "you guys just need to get a grip and understand the current market now" BS).

What is Crabbe worth if Turner is pulling in $17.5M per?

Who would not rather have him over Turner?

I think Crawford is on his way to Philly, I know this is much to go on but he's liking everything on Twitter about him and the Sixers and he just followed Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid. All in the last hour

Yup I was gonna say the same thing. Hopefully its more along the lines of the contract Joe Johnson got from Utah...

Back
Top Bottom