2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

:lol: @ Mozgov and Deng on the downside of their careers being "solid" players.

You better than this P, Lakers woulda been better off not committing years.

exactly. Its the years. 3 year deals would have looked so much better. Would have gone from horrendous deals to not good deals.

did dude who bet someone his Grizz would win 50 games last season pay up? I remember seeing that in the thread last year

:lol: @ Mozgov and Deng on the downside of their careers being "solid" players.

You better than this P, Lakers woulda been better off not committing years.

exactly. Its the years. 3 year deals would have looked so much better. Would have gone from horrendous deals to not good deals.
We'll find out if there are fourth year options or not.

Already talk of Mozgov's last year being a team option.

If timo's knees arent shot and deng can give at least two out of four good years then the deal is fine to me

By feng'a fourth year the youngsters should be primed and able to really compete in the nba.

Over the course of the 4 years with timo and luol youre hoping that they along with the youngsters can contribute to winning. They have to start winning so they can land some gamechangers.

The money is a bit high but no one really good wants to play for lal without money and security, plus the market dictates what lal has to pay. Im sure they didnt go into the summer saying 72Ms for luol deng over 4 years is ideal but if they get an uptick in wins with him contributing over the next couple of years then its worth it

As long as the lakers will have room to keep their young guys long term and sign a few max players it's a fine move. If it keeps them from doing either of those it's a horrible move

Last edited:
As long as the lakers will have room to keep their young guys long term and sign a few max players it's a fine move. If it keeps them from doing either of those it's a horrible move

They have room for only one max player next summer I think

Which is kind of irrelevant if they dont start winning games.

I think the nba has made it loud and clear in regards to the lakers: were not playing for you unless you stop being a damn circus on the floor (kobe obviously had a lot to do with this along with byron and his man up chirade)

So the bottom line is you gotta try to win games while the youngsters develop. You need vets to do that. Luol for sure helps with this. We'll see about Timo.

Not to mention they have to hit a cap floor, lal cant just hoard all the monies so midas whale pay players to help you get that extra 13 wins in the win column.

Last edited:
They have room for only one max player next summer I think

Which is kind of irrelevant if they dont start winning games.

I think the nba has made it loud and clear in regards to the lakers: were not playing for you unless you stop being a damn circus on the floor (kobe obviously had a lot to do with this along with byron and his man up chirade)

So the bottom line is you gotta try to win games while the youngsters develop. You need vets to do that. Luol for sure helps with this. We'll see about Timo.
It's not irrelevant you never know what could happen. It's fun to make jokes and what not but its still better to have space regardless over using it on players that get you bottom lottery picks and not to the playoffs

If timo's knees arent shot and deng can give at least two out of four good years then the deal is fine to me

By feng'a fourth year the youngsters should be primed and able to really compete in the nba.

Over the course of the 4 years with timo and luol youre hoping that they along with the youngsters can contribute to winning. They have to start winning so they can land some gamechangers.

The money is a bit high but no one really good wants to play for lal without money and security, plus the market dictates what lal has to pay. Im sure they didnt go into the summer saying 72Ms for luol deng over 4 years is ideal but if they get an uptick in wins with him contributing over the next couple of years then its worth it

:lol: @ Moz ever being good again.

When is the last time a 30 year old 7'1 260+ pound center with 12 years of pro experience coming off a terrible season pleagued by injury returned to form?

It's not happening, that's a pipe dream.

I doubt he can even play starter minutes.

Deng's contract is bad but not as bad as Moz, he still probably has a year left of good basketball.

The bigger problem with him is that he ruins Randle's development which is idiotic considering they used a lottery pick on him and he shows great potential.

Last edited:
Love the that these Internet gm's assume "these simpleton's can't wrap their tiny brains around the cap going up" as if you needed to be tesla to understand teams can spend more and salaries areally going to increase. I think everyone fully understands it . It's still insane to think Mike Conley will be making twice as much as LeBron 2 years ago , regardless of the circumstances around it .

how is it insane? you worried about what players are making now compared to other 2 years ago?

wash ya face

Exactly.

I was one of the main ones discussing how the cap changes would affect things, still doesn't mean the majority of these deals are not garbage with or without the jump.

Giving Conley, an undersized PG who's win share per 48 and TS% hasn't improved in 4 years, a full max doesn't make sense under any cap.

You know who Conley compares most to in terms of win share and all other stats at this point in their respective careers?

George Hill
Jose Calderon
Mike Bibby

I like Conley as a player but if I was Memphis I would have let him walk and started over rather than give him this deal.

He's just not a max player under any circumstance.

That Memphis team will lose in the 1st round next year. They just gave a combined 250 million dollars to a wing coming off microfracture surgery who hasn't improved in years and a PG who's undersized and hasn't improved since he turned 25 either.

One thing I will say is that Conley for sure makes Grizz better, they were +7.1 with him on the floor which is pretty elite. Then you look at the #'s and just realize that the team besides him and Marc is just not very good and that he basically always plays with Marc so that number is fools gold.

Parsons made Dallas literally 1 point better on offense and a bit worse on defense and they gave him 95 million, these are handicapping moves even under the new cap.

that's the female in you worrying about other grown men making more money...stop watching wallets and watch the game...

the discussions in here should be about how new teams going to stack up, but all you dudes been *****ing and moaning about money as if its directly affecting you...

you still gotta punch the clock on tuesday whether or not conley get 130 mill...

wash ya face also

how is it insane? you worried about what players are making now compared to other 2 years ago?

wash ya face
that's the female in you worrying about other grown men making more money...stop watching wallets and watch the game...

the discussions in here should be about how new teams going to stack up, but all you dudes been *****ing and moaning about money as if its directly affecting you...

you still gotta punch the clock on tuesday whether or not conley get 130 mill...

wash ya face also
This man has had it

It's not irrelevant you never know what could happen. It's fun to make jokes and what not but its still better to have space regardless over using it on players that get you bottom lottery picks and not to the playoffs

The lakers should be trying to get to the bottom of the lottery

They dont need anymore youngsters

Time to start being competitive

I think it's obvious by now that nobody good is going to sign with LA.

They are going to have to build the team from the ground up/through the draft

Last edited:

No the **** it isn't. :lol:

They are in the west, this team still won't be competitive.

They have a top 3 protected pick in a loaded draft next year, no now isn't the time to be the 12th seed.

Last edited:

To me, that's why Deng doesn't seem too bad, they have enough youngsters, they need mature locker rom voices and Deng is that. And he plays d, not Chicago d, but good enough.

:lol: @ Moz ever being good again.

When is the last time a 30 year old 7'1 260+ pound center with 12 years of pro experience coming off a terrible season pleagued by injury returned to form?

It's not happening, that's a pipe dream.

I doubt he can even play starter minutes.

Deng's contract is bad but not as bad as Moz, he still probably has a year left of good basketball.

The bigger problem with him is that he ruins Randle's development which is idiotic considering they used a lottery pick on him and he shows great potential.

I mean yeah, I probably wouldnt have chose mosgov and there probably were other players and centers lal could have paid with that deal instead of timo,

BUT (big but) if you can get two solid years out of this then its a W.

Bad signing in all likelihood, but it shows lal is trying to put a competent product on the floor to win games which is encouraging for the lal

Back
Top Bottom