2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

The Lakers don't sign anybody = :lol:

The Lakers sign solid players = :lol:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Lakers are a part of the small group of franchises across sports where irrational opinions and feelings come in abundance (both ways).

But I think the current backlash is due to (some) Laker fans and Laker media puffing their chests and pumping themselves into thinking it would all work out as neatly as it always has for them. The all-time greats leave, another all-time great replaces them. Y'all are better than everyone else, and superstars are clawing over each other to join the show. They'll come after the grumpy old legend leaves. Look at the rest of these stupid teams with their peasant players.

...but reality is that ain't the case right now, and I think your front office took too long to realize they don't have that pull anymore. The brand took a hit.

I do think there's something to the "Laker allure", I don't believe it's some type of myth. That tank is on E right now though. Triple entendre don't 'eem ask me how.

Like I said before, at least there's a foundation there w/ good young talent, and y'all could get back to being a premier destination if it all falls in place.

No the **** it isn't. :lol:

They are in the west, this team still won't be competitive.

They have a top 3 protected pick in a loaded draft next year, no now isn't the time to be the 12th seed.

Well they dont see it that way at all :lol:

The mosgov and luol signings suggest theyre trying win games and build a better pitch for next summer's FA, which isnt so bad.

Even still, I think they could potentially be bad enough to land a top 3 pick because luol is good, but not a difference maker on a loser like lal and timo is a huge question mark

Last edited:
DeMar DeRozan sounded intimidated by the Lakers history.

Never heard that before.

G.O.A.T video
nthat.gif

Last edited:
The luol and timo signings suggest theyre trying to start winning games and dont value being in the lottery again and would rather build a portfolio to land a Landmark FA next summer

Basically for LAL next summer's FA > next summer's draft and when you already have ingram lance dlo randle you can see why they would think that...even though josh jackson is tempting.

you dont have a chance in hell at landing anyone next summer if you dont improve this year. Only problem is luol, timo, and whoever else they snag and trade for this summer may not be good enough. They could still suck bad

A team that won 17 games last year hijacked by a washed legend shouldn't be trying to win now. Especially in a strong draft

I don't know if intimidated is the right word.

Said something like he'd rather go down in Raptors history as one of the best than just another Laker.

:rofl:

And since you on my **** so much, you should learn my history and you would know I don't punch no clocks.

I make money off the game that you obviously don't know **** about.

The female in you is a lack of basic comprehension over getting in your feelings.

Pretty easy to make money on a game of you never pay your debts when you lose

If Conley got a max deal 2 years ago or very close to it, what would people say? This what makes it funny. You've had max deals being given out to several players over the last offseason and because Conley was scheduled to make this much makes it stupid.

Get over the fact that Memphis could have simply let Conley walk. It wasn't going to happen. I'm not going to go into much detail about nothing else because the majority of my questions weren't even answered. You tell me how what Memphis would've got for a 31-year old center coming off a foot injury, You tell me what losing Conley would've did to this team overall. You tell me about our draft history and then tell me how many assets we would've got from letting our 2nd best player walk away and trading our 1st best player for "assets",

The same exact people talking about Memphis keeping him would be the same people laughing if we lost him AND ended up having to move Marc because of that. Blowing everything up and becoming one of the worst teams in the league.

Your opinion as far as how good this team is on paper or how good they can be in the playoffs doesn't mean nothing. People get playoff predictions wrong everyday B. Its funny when people want to talk about injuries as it relates to other elite teams in the West, but never seem to look at the injuries Memphis dealt with over the last few years in the playoffs. Like this team has been fully healthy and just getting blown to pieces in a playoff series.

So what does this do for julius?

Been felt like lal was going to trade him in a few years. Im not that high on julius at all. The double double in limited minutes is good though, I guess

If Conley got a max deal 2 years ago or very close to it, what would people say? This what makes it funny. You've had max deals being given out to several players over the last offseason and because Conley was scheduled to make this much makes it stupid.

Get over the fact that Memphis could have simply let Conley walk. It wasn't going to happen. I'm not going to go into much detail about nothing else because the majority of my questions weren't even answered. You tell me how what Memphis would've got for a 31-year old center coming off a foot injury, You tell me what losing Conley would've did to this team overall. You tell me about our draft history and then tell me how many assets we would've got from letting our 2nd best player walk away and trading our 1st best player for "assets",

The same exact people talking about Memphis keeping him would be the same people laughing if we lost him AND ended up having to move Marc because of that. Blowing everything up and becoming one of the worst teams in the league.

Your opinion as far as how good this team is on paper or how good they can be in the playoffs doesn't mean nothing. People get playoff predictions wrong everyday B. Its funny when people want to talk about injuries as it relates to other elite teams in the West, but never seem to look at the injuries Memphis dealt with over the last few years in the playoffs. Like this team has been fully healthy and just getting blown to pieces in a playoff series.
People do not remember what Memphis was like before 2011 in regards to the Grizzlies.

Back
Top Bottom