2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I think it went from three contenders (Cavs, Warriors, Thunder) to just two.

It blows.

Spurs had/have size and length too.. And would have had a shot vs any of that group

The Adams/kanter combo was huge for the thunder vs them
:lol:

The Spurs don't have the guard play vs the Warriors, or pre-Decision Durant Thunder.

They would have won the thunder series without that kanter/Adams lineup being so potent

And the thunder have always been a bad matchup for the Spurs.. I really think you're underestimating what they would have been able to do vs the cavs and Warriors

And ain't like the thunder series was a cakewalk

OKC, on paper, still looks very capable of winning high 40's, even 50 games.

Hell, Memphis has done it just two seasons ago

OKC in a tough spot. They have a foundation. Next years class is great. What if they could get Blake to join Russ/Kanter/Adams??

Really rooting hard for the Thunder this year.

Maybe they let Royce follow KD to GSW
laugh.gif

Its the only way that predator Windhorst was able to survive was by following Lebron to Miami.
laugh.gif

This description isn't far off at all.

That ole greasy cherub parlayed stalking a 17 year old into a cushy job at the biggest sports conglomerate in the world.

Pretty much, though I personally didn't have a problem with it. But yea, a lot of people hated Ray Allen going there, especially in regards to KG and Pierce.

Which team does Ray readily identify with though? I remember back then people bringing up which team would retire his jersey, cause I actually think he was key for all 4 teams he was on.

Ray Allen's shot :smokin :smokin :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ray will always be a Buck or Sonic to me. More so a Sonic if I had to choose only one.

People forget how the Celtics were doggin Ray. Tried to trade him 3 years in a row. Traded him once but it wasn't in before the expiration so it didn't go through. Moved him to the bench too. And people were mad he signed with Miami? Lol

This depends on what happens with Westbrook.. If the 2014-15 team could win 47 with everything that happened, the current team could win 50+

Still a big step back and they wont likely be competing for anything.

It took 41 games to make the playoffs last year, which was/is the point I was addressing

Blazers were the 5th seed with 44 wins

It is a 1 team league, if they remain healthy.. Certain teams may be able to compete, but winning a 7 game series is a different story

Some rumor is out about the GrizzIndy working a sign and trade between Lance and Monta.

I didn't think it would be possible for the Grizz to do it, but it actually is...

- We start with our remaining $4.4M in cap space
- We stretch VC for an additional $3.6M
- Since we are not a taxpaying team, we can trade a player making up to $9M and bring back 150% of his salary plus $100k
- So we sign Lance for $7.2M and trade him for Monta's $10.8M
- We still have $1.4M in cap space

If we can make it happne, it'll virtually be us turning Vince Carter into Monta Ellis.

Last edited:
I think it went from three contenders (Cavs, Warriors, Thunder) to just two.

It blows.

Spurs had/have size and length too.. And would have had a shot vs any of that group

The Adams/kanter combo was huge for the thunder vs them
:lol:

The Spurs don't have the guard play vs the Warriors, or pre-Decision Durant Thunder.

They would have won the thunder series without that kanter/Adams lineup being so potent

And the thunder have always been a bad matchup for the Spurs.. I really think you're underestimating what they would have been able to do vs the cavs and Warriors

And ain't like the thunder series was a cakewalk
I think the Spurs would have competed against the Cavs yes. But I think they would've ran out of gas vs the Warriors because they can't score enough. That was evident in the regular season in the head to head match ups and vs the Thunder.

OKC in a tough spot. They have a foundation. Next years class is great. What if they could get Blake to join Russ/Kanter/Adams??

they are in a tough position. if they make the playoffs or finish with a decent record (35-45 wins), you'll be drafting mid/late 1st rd and will have nothing in return if russ walks.

has the nba released early wins futures yet? really interested to see where vegas has okc total at

Last edited:
Langston Galloway nearing deal w/ Pelicans

Brandon Rush to the Wolves

Nene to the Rockets

Brian Roberts to CHA

bruh Hyperdunks drop tomorrow. The OG joints form 2008. The kicks Kobe jumped the Aston in. Swerve. Kicks went too hard on the court.

I remember d.rose wearing those in the summer league 
View media item 2092996

And Ben Gordon bombing 3s in them 

2008 hyperdunks > any hoop shoe ive played in

idk why steph started his career out in hyperfuses..**** almost ended his career before it could start

they are in a tough position. if they make the playoffs or finish with a decent record (35-45 wins), you'll be drafting mid/late 1st rd and will have nothing in return if russ walks.

Russ walking for nothing is the biggest thing.. And then what we got out the magic for ibaka has to be factored in

But not sure who exactly would be in a position/interested to make that sort of move.. Maybe LA or Boston

But what I'm saying is they legit might be in a better position that almost any other team except Spurs and Celtics? I hope he realizes this. But I still feel like his heart is in LA.

I think it's weird how open Draymond was recruiting Durant during the season.

Like how would you feel if you were a member of the Thunder or Barnes/Ezeli in the Warriors locker room. Awkward.

It took 41 games to make the playoffs last year, which was/is the point I was addressing

Blazers were the 5th seed with 44 wins

It is a 1 team league, if they remain healthy.. Certain teams may be able to compete, but winning a 7 game series is a different story
Which was exactly my original point......

Back
Top Bottom