2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

they are in a tough position. if they make the playoffs or finish with a decent record (35-45 wins), you'll be drafting mid/late 1st rd and will have nothing in return if russ walks.

But what I'm saying is they legit might be in a better position that almost any other team except Spurs and Celtics? I hope he realizes this. But I still feel like his heart is in LA.

We still have 2 very recent lottery picks on the roster: Payne and sobonis

Then you have oladipo, Adams and Roberson who the thunder can match next summer (all restricted)

The kanter contract should be moveable

I'd float Russ and kanter (also morrow) and see what gets offered

I think it went from three contenders (Cavs, Warriors, Thunder) to just two.

It blows.

Spurs had/have size and length too.. And would have had a shot vs any of that group

The Adams/kanter combo was huge for the thunder vs them
:lol:

The Spurs don't have the guard play vs the Warriors, or pre-Decision Durant Thunder.

And the Spurs don't have the athleticism either. LMA out there running the floor like a baby giraffe learning how to walk

I think it went from three contenders (Cavs, Warriors, Thunder) to just two.

It blows.

Spurs had/have size and length too.. And would have had a shot vs any of that group

The Adams/kanter combo was huge for the thunder vs them
:lol:

The Spurs don't have the guard play vs the Warriors, or pre-Decision Durant Thunder.

And the Spurs don't have the athleticism either. LMA out there running the floor like a baby giraffe learning how to walk

if the clips can get russ for nothing, then maybe you can put them in the conversation...but as of right now, it'd be safe to pencil in the cavs/w's in the finals

Last edited:
Pretty much, though I personally didn't have a problem with it. But yea, a lot of people hated Ray Allen going there, especially in regards to KG and Pierce.

Which team does Ray readily identify with though? I remember back then people bringing up which team would retire his jersey, cause I actually think he was key for all 4 teams he was on.

Ray Allen's shot :smokin :smokin :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ray will always be a Buck or Sonic to me. More so a Sonic if I had to choose only one.

People forget how the Celtics were doggin Ray. Tried to trade him 3 years in a row. Traded him once but it wasn't in before the expiration so it didn't go through. Moved him to the bench too. And people were mad he signed with Miami? Lol

Ahhhhhh completely forgot about the trade scenarios involving him. They tried to make a deal with Memphis, and an after the fact deal came about trying to send Ray and Rondo to the Suns :lol:

Your exact words:
I don't understand what the **** you are trying to say.

My original point was this:

Is next year going to finally be the year that the East is better than the West?

Celtics improved, heat will be decent if wade is back, pistons going to take a step forward, Raptors still have the trash brothers, and the Pacers and Knicks seemed to have taken a decent leap forward.

Meanwhile in the West OKC will be fringe playoffs, Spurs are older, Mavs will be in the usually basketball purgatory, the trail blazers wasted 75M on a guy who shoots 22% from three.  The Clippers and the Warriors are seemingly the only playoffs teams that may be better than last year.
Are you saying that OKC is going to be better than last year?  They are likely going to be in the 6-9th spot territory next year, which is a fringe playoff team.  

For KD's sake I hope this isn't true

Skip of all people :smh:

This dude ain't been paying attention to skip trolling bron all these years mussie

Your exact words:

I don't understand what the **** you are trying to say.

My original point was this:

Is next year going to finally be the year that the East is better than the West?

Celtics improved, heat will be decent if wade is back, pistons going to take a step forward, Raptors still have the trash brothers, and the Pacers and Knicks seemed to have taken a decent leap forward.

Meanwhile in the West OKC will be fringe playoffs, Spurs are older, Mavs will be in the usually basketball purgatory, the trail blazers wasted 75M on a guy who shoots 22% from three.  The Clippers and the Warriors are seemingly the only playoffs teams that may be better than last year.

Are you saying that OKC is going to be better than last year?  They are likely going to be in the 6-9th spot territory next year, which is a fringe playoff team.  

Maybe you should look at the teams who made the playoffs in the east or west before you say that

My point was very simple, if the 2014-15 team could win 47 with everything that happened.. They could win 50+

Which would make them a playoff team

I don't think they will contend for anything.. But you have MAYBE 2 teams who will

This is worse man. He's retired, he has no history or allegiance to this team, no ownership stake, no consultant position, nothing. This is begging for scraps from the bottom of the barrel type ****.

The Clippers and the Warriors are seemingly the only playoffs teams that may be better than last year.

Memphis will be better for the simple fact of being healthy (hoping) and adding Parsons to the equation. No reason why they shouldn't finish as a top 4 seed.

Maybe you should look at the teams who made the playoffs in the east or west before you say that

My point was very simple, if the 2014-15 team could win 47 with everything that happened.. They could win 50+

Which would make them a playoff team

I don't think they will contend for anything.. But you have MAYBE 2 teams who will
So again, if they win 50 games and not compete for anything, will they be better than last year?  No, which brings us back to the original point, almost all of the teams in the West have gotten worse.  I don't give a **** whether they are going to win 40 or 50 games, they aren't going to compete for a damn thing which makes the West worse.

I don't even understand what you are trying to argue here.

Last edited:
Memphis will be better for the simple fact of being healthy (hoping) and adding Parsons to the equation. No reason why they shouldn't finish as a top 4 seed.
I can see that, but I don't really see that team making it terribly far past the first or second round.

I think it's weird how open Draymond was recruiting Durant during the season.

Like how would you feel if you were a member of the Thunder or Barnes/Ezeli in the Warriors locker room. Awkward.

I'm sure Barnes feels like $94 million dollars

I can see that, but I don't really see that team making it terribly far past the first or second round.

As a healthy top 4 seed, no one is beating them in the 1st round (assuming GSW, SAS and LAC round out the top 4). One of the teams Memphis struggled with is not depleted in OKC. San Antonio is the other and of course you have a stacked GSW team. Memphis doesn't struggle against the Clipps. So, even though we are talking about a sizeable talent gap between GSW and Memphis, there aren't many Western Conference teams out there that can beat Memphis in a series anymore.

At this point, I don't know how San Antonio will look next year. After how last season went down, I don't fear them as much anymore if we are healthy.

Last edited:
This is worse man. He's retired, he has no history or allegiance to this team, no ownership stake, no consultant position, nothing. This is begging for scraps from the bottom of the barrel type ****.
Worse than being retired? He's sitting on his *** playing golf.. He has the opportunity to play 20-25 minutes a night for a championship team..How are you going to turn down $1.55 million? even if its just to sit on the bench to witness greatness?

Also he had no allegiance to Boston or Miami when he won either. He is from a military household where he never really had a hometown, constantly moving anyway. Are you telling me you wouldn't come out of semi-retirement to get to the pinnacle of sports once again? We already know he is an all time great shooter, one of the best conditioned athletes in league history. He is going to have more open 3s than he has had in his entire playing career. It's a no brainer. Screw what the fans think, its a great opportunity.

I don't see Ray Allen's decision being any different than LeBron to Miami. Both going to a team they think gives them a good shot to win.

Think of it this way. You retire from your Walmart greeter position and after a couple years away you start to get that itch again. You apply at Target and try to get back in the mix. How can you hate on a man for that?

Back
Top Bottom