2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

So why are we comparing two completely different portland teams again?  I don't understand.  Also, didn't memphis finish as like a 7th seed last year and get swept by the spurs?

you talking about last season's clippers who had some kinda important injuries?
the same clippers who had both CP3 and Blake playing in the first 4 games of the series. yes, those clippers.

why are injuries brought up so quickly to defend them, but not used when talking about memphis situation? clippers should've finished that team off in 4-5 games. memphis finished a better portland team off without their starting PG. don't bring injuries into this b

the same clippers that were top 10 in off and def efficiency last season. yes, explain to me how their injuries kept them from beating a team they were more superior than
ACTUALLY, I tried discussing Memphis' injuries during the playoffs when talking about them going against the warriors the year before

but losing your 2 best players is going to impact any/every team in the league

So why are we comparing two completely different portland teams again?  I don't understand.  Also, didn't memphis finish as like a 7th seed last year and get swept by the spurs?

nah last year they were up 2-1 on the dubs then lost 4 straight. but...something something..fluke...something..injuries.

Parsons decided he was leaving Dallas after they didn't want to give him the max. So, why would he recruit Dwight to Dallas without Dallas committing the max to him? :lol: You can't use this offseason's situation and say he's not able to recruit when its clear he's been able to lure Dwight in Houston and also get a verbal agreement from Deandre.

When its all said and done, if Memphis shows they can be an elite team in the West next year...we will have a great shot if Parsons puts his recruiting gloves on. Zbo and TA will take paycuts and bring Blake into town. Blake will joins forces with the one guy who bullied him and makes his former team worse.

View media item 2104303

the same clippers who had both CP3 and Blake playing in the first 4 games of the series. yes, those clippers.

why are injuries brought up so quickly to defend them, but not used when talking about memphis situation? clippers should've finished that team off in 4-5 games. memphis finished a better portland team off without their starting PG. don't bring injuries into this b

the same clippers that were top 10 in off and def efficiency last season. yes, explain to me how their injuries kept them from beating a team they were more superior than
You gotta be kidding right?

LAC lost game 3, but were down 55-52 w/ over 6 min left to play in the freaking 3rd quarter when CP went down then blake shortly thereafter. You can't be serious right now. How in the world were they going to beat the blazers in game 4 on the road minus CP and Blake? Are you saying the game was already over for LAC in game 4 even before their two stars got hurt?

You off the rails with this one. It's more than plausible that they win game 4 w/Blake and CP. They both were out with the game in the balance. Hell they almost forced a game 7 w/o Both blake and CP on the road.

Last edited:
Saying LAC was supposed to finish the Blazers in 4 or 5 games then not accounting for Blake and Chris Paul being injured in the middle of game 4 is the most NT thing ever.

Alright, I'll play along.

Why would Blake go to a team that was swept in the first round and finished the season terribly. I don't want to hear about injuries because the Blake missed 40 games and we didn't skip a beat during the season.

And Memphis was swept by a team that didn't wven make it to the 2nd round the year prior because they lost to the Clippers. And that Spurs roster was better than last year's.

Did I do it right?

Nah Nah Nah, I wanna hear the rationale behind saying the Clips should have finished the Blazers in 5, but Chris Paul breaking his hand and Blake tearing his quad in the same game far before the game was finished, shouldn't matter. 

Taking the Clipper bias out, this premise is flat out ridiculous. 

Last edited:

Why would Blake go to a team that was swept in the first round and finished the season terribly. I don't want to hear about injuries because the Blake missed 40 games and we didn't skip a beat during the season.

And Memphis was swept by a team that didn't wven make it to the 2nd round the year prior because they lost to the Clippers. And that Spurs roster was better than last year's.

Did I do it right?
Who would pass up the chance to play with The Big 3 in Conley, Parsons, and Gasol? 

definitely time to lock the thread up now that Memphis is being discussed. We;ve hit rock bottom.

Exactly, I'm like are we talking about a team being competitive that has Tony Allen (that has no jumper, misses his customary 3 layups a game, and who the Warriors refused to guard on the pick and roll) has a starting 2 guard. Never mind NEVER having a decent backup point guard. And had Z-Bo and Gasol bringing the ball up the court in the playoffs when Conley was hurt. (that was with Tony Allen grabbing the rebound and giving it to those two players and running up the court) Nah B.

#ANALYTICS
#HOLLINGER
#1stTeamAllDefense

Last edited:
All this fodder over two 2nd rd outs at best sheesh.
Hey! It's the middle of the summer 
laugh.gif

Memphis has to overpay for 2nd tier guys they want. Sorry. Its the facts. Nobody was giving Conley the biggest contract ever, and nobody worthwhile was giving parsons a max.

But to think Blake would choose Memphis (and lets not forget the Clippers can technically give them more) over other teams being one of the most sought after FA's next year blows my mind. It wreaks of homerism. You can't be serious??? Memphis? We talking about Memphis? Did i miss something?

So now the LMA version of the Blazers were worse than last year's team? The team everyone felt like was about to miss the playoffs?

Just got out of a meeting so let's break this down in the next post

I actually was with BHZ until he said the Clips should have beaten portland in 5 and then omitted Chris Paul breaking his hand during a 55-52 game w/ over a quarter and a half left to play. Yikes. 

No one would say LAC should beat Por w/o Blake or Chris Paul. Come on man. 

I get it. The national public / NT thinks LAC is better than Memphis and you disagree. That's fine. But let's not be ridiculous here.

I don't think it's a big gap between the Clippers & Grizzlies.

Both should be top 5 seeds barring injury.

You gotta be kidding right?

LAC lost game 3, but were down 55-52 w/ over 6 min left to play in the freaking 3rd quarter when CP went down then blake shortly thereafter. You can't be serious right now. How in the world were they going to beat the blazers in game 4 on the road minus CP and Blake? Are you saying the game was already over for LAC in game 4 even before their two stars got hurt?

You off the rails with this one. It's more than plausible that they win game 4 w/Blake and CP. They both were out with the game in the balance. Hell they almost forced a game 7 w/o Both blake and CP on the road.

"How in the world were the ygoing beat the blazers in game 4 onthe road minus CP and Blake"

Then, you mention Game 3 whe nthey were down 55-52. CP playing 38 minutes in Game 3 wasn't enough? I think you meant Game 4. Why the Clippers couldn't go up on Portland 3-0 in a series when they had both players playing? I have no clue. That's for you to tell me.

Did I do it right?

Doesn't make sense because Memphis played 29 different players. Memphis had injuries the last 3-4 seasons and we still finished with a great record. Look at 2013-14 when Marc only played 59 games. We were still good enough to win 50 games that year. Won 56 games the year before that and 55 after.

"How in the world were the ygoing beat the blazers in game 4 onthe road minus CP and Blake"

Then, you mention Game 3 whe nthey were down 55-52. CP playing 38 minutes in Game 3 wasn't enough? I think you meant Game 4. Why the Clippers couldn't go up on Portland 3-0 in a series when they had both players playing? I have no clue. That's for you to tell me.
Do you not know what happened in the series bro?

When I mentioned they were down 55-52 that was in game 4, when CP broke his hand in the 3rd quarter. Blake went down shortly thereafter. They lost game 3, but obviously could have won game 4 if they were healthy. You're arguing just to argue if you can't acknowledge that fact. Both players went down in game 4.

I actually was with BHZ until he said the Clips should have beaten portland in 5 and then omitted Chris Paul breaking his hand during a 55-52 game w/ over a quarter and a half left to play. Yikes. 

No one would say LAC should beat Por w/o Blake or Chris Paul. Come on man. 

I get it. The national public / NT thinks LAC is better than Memphis and you disagree. That's fine. But let's not be ridiculous here.

I'm not saying AFTER the fact. They had CP3 and Blake playing 35+ minutes in the first 3 games. They still lost Game 3 with both guys on the floor playing 38 and 34 minutes. I understand CP3 going down and Blake not being uflly healthy.

What I don't understand is....I remember quite vividly when everyone thought Memphis was doomed once Conley went down against Portland. Memphis went up 3-0 against Portland. Now you have people 1) trying to downplay that Portland team wasn't as good as last year's and 2) trying to act like Memphis didn't finish off without their 2nd best player on the team. Not to mention the other role players that were hurt (even their backup PG that started got hurt as well). Nah, it don't work like that.

Its not that you specifically do this, but its so many idiots on here who try to paint a different story between two different teams who BOTH haven't accomplished nothing. They've just about accomplished the same thing over the last 4-5 years and eveyrone wants to make it seem like one team is more superior than the other. Season series over the last 4 years will say that, their playoff matchups will say that, their playoff history will say that. So don't tell me some BS about how much better the Clippers are :lol: . I think the Clippers are a great team, but I also think Memphis when healthy is great. Both are very much on the same level.

Last edited:
Do you not know what happened in the series bro?

When I mentioned they were down 55-52 that was in game 4, when CP broke his hand in the 3rd quarter. Blake went down shortly thereafter. They lost game 3, but obviously could have won game 4 if they were healthy. You're arguing just to argue if you can't acknowledge that fact. Both players went down in game 4.

I know. But you mentioned both Game 3 and 4 in the same area. The way you brought it up made it seem like that's the reason you were using as to why they lost Game 3 (not Game 4). I understand exactly what happened in Game 4.

LAC lost game 3, but were down 55-52 w/ over 6 min left to play in the freaking 3rd quarter when CP went down then blake shortly thereafter.

This made me think you were talking about both players going down in Game 3 :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom