2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I know. But you mentioned both Game 3 and 4 in the same area. The way you brought it up made it seem like that's the reason you were using as to why they lost Game 3 (not Game 4). I understand exactly what happened in Game 4.
So how then, were they supposed to win in 5 with Chris Paul going out in the middle of the third quarter and Blake tearing his quad literally minutes after? I'm confused.

They lost game 3 because...they lost lol I wasn't expecting a sweep but I was expecting the Clips to win in 5 and that was still very much in the cards and a favorable outcome for LAC in game 4 before Chris Paul broke his hand.

Last edited:
In any event USAB started today. And for those who care, USA Basketball Real Training Camp is tomorrow. Always hate those though because they do far more talking than showing them actually hooping and working out. 

And Aaron Brooks signed with Indiana. I don't really see the point in Indy going after Brooks, but whatever.

So how then, were they supposed to win in 5 with Chris Paul going out in the middle of the third quarter and Blake tearing his quad literally minutes after? I'm confused.

This is what I'm saying...

Clippers had every opportunity to be up in this series 3-0. Instead, they took their foot off the gas and allowed a 2-1 series going into Game 4. This gave Portland the momentum to believe they had an opportunity of tying the series up and winning it regardless of the injuries that took place in Game 4. There's a possibility LAC could win that series if they go up 3-0.

The reason I brought this up is because Memphis had Mike Conley go down in the 3rd quarter wiht a facial fracture in Game 3. Who also didn't have Beno who was their backup. So, Memphis basically had no PG and had to use their 3rd string guard to try and win Game 3 on the road in Portland. You won't hear any sympathy from anyone in that regard, you'll just hear excuses about Portland not being as good then. So, I'm just trying to figure out why is there such a great disparity between both teams?

But, I'm not letting someone get away with trying to excuse the fact Memphis dealth with their own injuries and say the Portland team wasn't as good :lol: . No Marc didn't go down as well, but Memphis was without their 2nd best player and their backup PG.

Last edited:
Only 26 current players in the NBA were drafted before LeBron James

This is including all players that are on contract or played in 2016 and didn't indicate retirement:

1 from 1995 draft (Kevin Garnett)

4 from 1998 draft (Vince Carter, Dirk Nowitzki, Paul Pierce, Nazr Mohammed)

5 from 1999 draft (Andre Miller, Elton Brand, Jason Terry, Metta World Peace, Manu Ginobili)

2 from 2000 draft (Mike Miller, Jamal Crawford)

6 from 2001 draft (Tyson Chandler, Pau Gasol, Joe Johnson, Richard Jefferson, Zach Randolph, Tony Parker)

8 from 2002 draft (Mike Dunleavy, Nene, Amare Stoudemire, Caron Butler, Tayshaun Prince, Matt Barnes, Rasual Butler, Luis Scola)

Last edited:
Besides the Turner pick, I feel like Bird has lost his mind in regards to team building in the last 36 months.

Besides the Turner pick, I feel like Bird has lost his mind in regards to team building in the last 36 months.
The Jeff Teague thing doesn't make sense.

Nate McMillian doesn't make sense.

What he said about Vogul and the 3 year thing makes no sense.

He's really killing Indiana.

Vincent had definitely had it
What was said 

nerd.gif

The Jeff Teague thing doesn't make sense.

Nate McMillian doesn't make sense.

What he said about Vogul and the 3 year thing makes no sense.

He's really killing Indiana.
Trading for Turner and signing Bynum.

Monta Ellis and Stuckey.

Throwing Hibbert under the bus.

Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania · 2h2 hours ago
Free agent guard Aaron Brooks has agreed to a one-year, $2.5 million deal with Indiana, signing this week, league sources tell The Vertical.

Good pickup by Pacers

TWC SportsNet Verified account  ‏@TWCSportsNet · 3h3 hours ago
On this day in 1996, the power balance in the #NBA was drastically changed when the #Lakers officially signed @SHAQ.
View media item 2104440

Only 26 current players in the NBA were drafted before LeBron James

This is including all players that are on contract or played in 2016 and didn't indicate retirement:

1 from 1995 draft (Kevin Garnett)

4 from 1998 draft (Vince Carter, Dirk Nowitzki, Paul Pierce, Nazr Mohammed)

5 from 1999 draft (Andre Miller, Elton Brand, Jason Terry, Metta World Peace, Manu Ginobili)

2 from 2000 draft (Mike Miller, Jamal Crawford)

6 from 2001 draft (Tyson Chandler, Pau Gasol, Joe Johnson, Richard Jefferson, Zach Randolph, Tony Parker)

8 from 2002 draft (Mike Dunleavy, Nene, Amare Stoudemire, Caron Butler, Tayshaun Prince, Matt Barnes, Rasual Butler, Luis Scola)
How many were drafted before Darko Milicic?
diesel and mamba.
Times like this I miss Bravelude. He wouldve written a beautiful haiku with a comment like this

All I can do is say how it sounds like the male talent in a Blacked scene

Jordan Crawford was the CBA scoring champion this past season, just in case anybody wanted to know what he was doing these days

clearly lowry roasting the warriors lmaoooooooo

Dray like 'oh thats funny?'

KD like 'come onnn man'

Melo like ':rofl: '

Freeze, you know damb well Lowry aint got the credentials to roast any of those 3. Well, maybe Melo.

he prolly said something like 'yo Mel, I thought we was all having royal rumbles, competing against each other, seeing who could be the best, but these ****** clicking up like Voltron, heard Dray and Kev were damn near going steady while their teams were fighting to the death on some capulets and montagues type ****, ol wherefore art thou romeo *** *****'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom