2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

i couldnt post in there. cant take anyone opinion on rap serious if think drake is a good rapper. 90 percent of drake fans wear high heels and the other 10 percent are teenage boys and a group of niketalkers. 
Yea the main problem in there is his super fans equate popularity/hit singles to actual rapping skill n content ...Drake the biggest name n has hits( some of them he's not even rapping :lol: ) , that's bout it tho

i made a comment about him saying harrison barnes has kobes skill set. 

he told me he never ever said that. 

i gave him the benefit of the doubt because i have a bad memory . 

. two post were screenshot and posted of him saying hb was a walking mismatch and has kobe skill set.  

jokes were had. 

you started this whole mess.

Thank you for the entertainment

Yea the main problem in there is his super fans equate popularity/hit singles to actual rapping skill n content ...Drake the biggest name n has hits( some of them he's not even rapping
laugh.gif
) , that's bout it tho
the sales and popularity argument is the dumbest argument. 

Last edited:
Count me as one who;s not a fan of Pac but understand the appeal. I turned 42 today so his music was really hot in my prime years. I liked him until he got under Death Row Records.

Hated west coast rap even though I'm in the west coast. That gangster rap was weak. While everyone was listening to Pac, i was listening to east coast rap (Jeru the Damaja, Black Moon, Smiff & Wessun, stuff like that). Only West coast hip hop i was listening to was Pharcyde, Souls of Mischief/Hieroglyphics, Alkaholiks. Good music.

Pac isn't in my top 25 but thats just personal preference.

Can't get into this new hip hop thats on now. Still go to the ones listed above, plus Common and the Roots.

People don't rate rappers within the same criterion. For some, technical aptitude may be most important. For others, the ability to touch your emotions and stimulate intellect may be more important. And there are people who value a balance of both.

So I don't believe in the terms "overrated" and "underrated" when it comes to rap because people aren't rating with the same scale.

That said...if you UNDERSTAND  each scale, it shouldn't be hard to understand why millions of people consider Tupac to be one of the all time greats and/or arguably the greatest.

Last edited:

People don't rate rappers within the same criterion. For some, technical aptitude may be most important. For others, the ability to touch your emotions and stimulate intellect may be more important. And there are people who value a balance of both.

So I don't believe in the terms "overrated" and "underrated" when it comes to rap because people aren't rating with the same scale.

That said...if you UNDERSTAND  each scale, it shouldn't be hard to understand why millions of people consider Tupac to be one of the all time greats and/or arguably the greatest.
yeah i think pac is overrated and isnt top 5 , i dont listen to him , hes not one of my personal favs  but hes one of the best ever. 

same with basketball. i dont like lebron or his game, dont enjoy watching him but hes one of the greatest ever. theres a difference between favorite and best. currensy is one of my favorite rappers but i dont think hes one of the best ever. 

Last edited:
90s baby here and I swear Pac super overrated. But he was groundbreaking and did a lot for rap at the time so he is appreciated.

$pitta
pimp.gif

I don't listen to him as much these days but between 2006-2011 that's basically all I listned to. I remember my freshman year of college he dropped a mixtape every month for like 6 months. And they were all dope.
That curresny n wiz how fly
pimp.gif
...I was wrapping up college at the time that came out n for some reason I smashed more chicks in the whip that year than usual n that tape would always be playing in the background
laugh.gif
gotta rep the currensy love 
pimp.gif

That said...if you UNDERSTAND each scale, it shouldn't be hard to understand why millions of people consider Tupac to be one of the all time greats and/or arguably the greatest.

Dudes making preference list not true Top MCs list. If we're judging rappers on the criteria listed Pac is easily top 10. I personally have him top 5

Speaking of awwsome, bless the man, but he was in the drake thread saying Tupac ain't even top 25. He was the one actually keeping the thread somewhat grounded

What is going on in there?
dude has the dumbest opinion on lots of things. just cause someone sounds intelligent and like they know what they are talking about doesnt mean they do,. 

from harden is better then kobe to  westbrook is the greatest passer ever. dude uses a calculator to form basketball opinions

his opinions are laughable 9 times outta 10.  

'Cause the ***** wear a kufi, it don't mean that he bright
Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice
It just means you don't understand all the bull **** that he write'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom