2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Just saw Zbo in BoA
laugh.gif

Dude always seem to look slim as hell off the basketball court.
basketball dudes are thin as hell.. unless you get the random ones who you can kinda see are big dudes

I realize that I'm probably super late on this...but I was a little intrigued by Paul Pierce's top 5 hardest ppl to guard.

I can understand Tmac. I can understand Kobe. LeBron. Melo.

Was surprised Vince Carter was on that list.

Prime Vince was as talented as any player at the position in league history. He might not have had the intangibles of a Kobe or a MJ but he had it all.

Prime Vince was as talented as any player at the position in league history. He might not have had the intangibles of a Kobe or a MJ but he had it all.

Vince was certainly talented but he didn't strike me as having the tenacity and aggressiveness to wear a player down. Always saw him as the type of guy to bail a defender out by losing his aggressiveness in a game.

Last edited:
Vince was certainly talented but he didn't strike me as having the tenacity and aggressiveness to wear a player down. Always saw him as the type of guy to bail a defender out by losing his aggressiveness in a game.
Tell that to ever defender who faced prime Vince. Tell every coach that

Did VC get bigger when he played for the magic? Dude looks like he has Dwight Howard shoulders in that gif

i remember when we got the news he went to graduation before the game :smh: i knew he wasn't gonna be savage.
if T Mac was there he would have told him cut his **** and get this dub

Last edited:
Brian Scalabrine once told me Vince Carter was the hardest person he ever had to guard :lol:

Superior Athlete. Could probably get a shot off on anyone. When you can't stop a guy from putting a shot up, he's pretty un-guard able.

Now whether that shot goes in, is up to Vince, and while there may have been more efficient scorers that Kobe/Scakabrini/Pierce had to guard, it's still frustrating and tiresome as a defender, to not be able to stop an attempt,whether it goes in or not.

Last edited:
Paul Pierce knows this better than most because VC used to light him up consistently and he remembers how little conscience he had when throwing it up.  Like when VC gave him 45 for example:​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Let's not act like VC didn't get busy on the court.  If anything, he was frustrating as a player because if he was more selfish, he would have been completely unstoppable.  He definitely had his shortcomings as a player.  But dude could score on anyone, and he was unafraid of the moment.  Contrary to popular belief, Vince was clutch and to this day, he has hit more game winning shots that most superstars in NBA history.  And not the LeBron type game winners.  You know...the layups and all the ones where the game is tied, and there's really no pressure if you make the shot or not.  You miss, you go to OT.  You make it, you're the hero.  On most of Vince's game winners...if he missed the shot, they were going home with the L.  Not to mention, dude used to pull up from Curry range with ease.  He gave the championship Heat 51 and 43 being defended by D-Wade, James Posey and GP.  He also gave prime Bruce Bowen 43pts with 7min left in the 3rd.  Watch the tape for those who may have forgotten...​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Last edited:
VC hella underrated as an offensive player. I think that's the case because he's by far the greatest dunker ever, people forget how smooth and effortless his total offensive game was.

I remember that game where VC was destroying Bowen until he trolled him into fighting him. He was on his way to a 60 point game

VC underachieved all things considered.

There was really no reason for Kobe to have completely passed him. There was nothing Vince couldn't do.

Dude was averaging 28/5/4 by his 3rd season. Few years he later he straight up quits on Toronto, blatantly playing at 50% effort.

Disgusting. He could've been much more.

Back
Top Bottom