2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

VC is still probably my all time favorite player

Underachiever for sure though

If only he and TMac stayed together...

So Vince is like Iguodala?

J Rich was a great dunker too. Just saying
Iguodala couldn't shoot until recently, also had absolutely zero scoring instincts.

Iggy still can't really shoot.. But he was miscast elsewhere

Great defense, could always play bigger than his size because of his length and athleticism (so could guard 1-4.. And could even give some backside rim protection help).. Was/is a good distributor

When they first got him, I saw him more in that draymond role of being the point-forward.. This was obviously before the nut puncher was put in the starting lineup

Just felt it was too obviously to get klay and curry running off the ball.. Let them chill in the corners on a good amount of positions while iggy does the ball handling.. And iggy could just attack the rim and when defenses collapse kick to either corner.. They do the same stuff with iggy and dray

Last edited:
35% from 3 = can't shoot even though that's above league average?

Since when?

He was 33 and 35 in his first two years.. Was 39% his last year with philly

But that ain't his role.. And you still don't really want him taking that shot.. Sure take it every once and while when you're wide open.. But 2.5 per is a good average for him

Allowing him to focus on the things he excels at is obviously a great move for both sides

Craig Sager got a third bone marrow transplant. 
ohwell.gif

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...hrough-third-transplant/ar-AAikR69?li=BBnb7Kz

Vince was absolutely shook when he was in Orlando ..any big moment he choked n looked scared as ****, used to piss me off :smh:

Last edited:
35% from 3 = can't shoot even though that's above league average?

Since when?

He was 33 and 35 in his first two years.. Was 39% his last year with philly

But that ain't his role.. And you still don't really want him taking that shot.. Sure take it every once and while when you're wide open.. But 2.5 per is a good average for him

Allowing him to focus on the things he excels at is obviously a great move for both sides
I never said it was his role, never said he was a sniper or anything :lol:

I said comparing him to VC is off-base because hes an inferior shooter (had several seasons around 30-31% from deep) and vastly inferior scorer.

Last edited:
So Vince is like Iguodala?

J Rich was a great dunker too. Just saying

Hell no...I'm guessing you never saw him play in his prime?

Vince could have been one of the best but injuries and him forcing himself out of Toronto messed that up. He did still go ham for the Nets for a couple years though. He was dropping crazy game winners. Once he left there it started his career as a role player...which he's actually fit into nicely unlike a lot of other former superstars.

I'll never forget the Clippers playing the Hornets during JR Smith's rookie season and the Commentators mentioning that JR called himself "Vince Carter with a Jumpshot" :rofl:

Considering how well VC was playing at the age of 37 a few years ago, his "prime" definitely could've been much better than it was.

Considering how well VC was playing at the age of 37 a few years ago, his "prime" definitely could've been much better than it was.

Yup.. Was a little too easy to get him to stop attacking the rim once you got physical with him

Same. From Feb till the end he was around 22 on good splits. He should be very effective next year.

Towns should take another step also. Then you Lavine & Dunn in the fold. They could have something special pretty soon in Minny.

Last edited:
Same. From Feb till the end he was around 22 on good splits. He should be very effective next year.

Towns should take another step also. Then you Lavine & Dunn in the fold. They could have something special pretty soon in Minny.

That's if every single young player can reach their potential. You just don't see it that often and when you do, they don't stay together for long (i.e. OKC). I expect Wiggins to take another step, but not sure how close he'll get to truly reaching his max potential. I do anticipate KAT reaching his. You generally don't see too many teams with that much youth reach their potential.

The ruling is still out on Lavine, Shabazz and of course Dunn since he's a rookie. Dunn will definitely be about an additional 2 years away from being "all-star worthy" if he develops as he should.

Luckily, they don't have many large deals from other players after next season. Pek comes off the books and I'm sure Rubio would be dealt by then. This will help with giving Wiggins / KAT their max deals. What they do with Shabazz and Lavine, I have no idea.

Last edited:
I think we will see what Dunn can do sooner than you think. Isn't he older than Wiggins? I just remember when Dame and MCW came in at 22 and they were pretty strong their rookie years.

Yeah Dunn will be 23 before the season ends. He should be more effective out of the gate than a 19,20 year old who needs a few years to adjust.

They don't necessarily need Zach to max out as a big time scorer & facilitator, though.

He was shooting 40% from deep on high volume from January til the end of the season. If Thibs can get him to play defense that's really all they would need from him provided Wiggins & KAT continue to get better. Then it's about signing the right vets, which is easier said than done obviously.

Agreed about Dunn, though I'd be surprised if he doesn't hit the ground running.

Last edited:
They don't necessarily need Zach to max out as a big time scorer & facilitator, though.

He was shooting 40% from deep on high volume from January til the end of the season. If Thibs can get him to play defense that's really all they would need from him provided Wiggins & KAT continue to get better. Then it's about signing the right vets, which is easier said than done obviously.

Agreed about Dunn, though I'd be surprised if he doesn't hit the ground running.

If Zack does end up maxing his potential, he will most likely take the James Harder route and be the man in another team. No way the wolves can keep 4 max players (assuming Dunn also reaches his potential).

Unless the Warriors created a new trend of a big 4 :nerd:

wiggins and Kat are number one picks it's not as far fetched compared to other teams expecting them to hit on all of their lottery picks these two guys were the consensus number one picks so they're expected and should amount to something good

wiggins and Kat are number one picks it's not as far fetched compared to other teams expecting them to hit on all of their lottery picks these two guys were the consensus number one picks so they're expected and should amount to something good

I anticipate both players doing really well. I just think KAT will maximize his potential more so than Wiggins.

Back
Top Bottom