2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stay arguing with my lil homeboy who's 24 and a LeBron super fan. I swear I think he's just salty that he missed the golden era of basketball and just hates on it. If yall saw some of the ridiculous things he says :smh: dude said the 93 suns were trash. Also said that eliminating the top 10 players in today's game would make it equivalent to the talent in the 90s :smh: I can't.

yo this is Lebron's 10th straight ECF :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Still not my GOAT tho.

What does he have to do to be called the best ? His IQ is already better than MJ , he will surpass him in scoring next year when it's all said and done he will pass Kareem in scoring.. jordan didn't make his teamates better like how lebron does... he covered every flaw in his game.. the shooting was supposedly never going to be there, the passing was supposed to be overrated , he wasn't clutch enough, no killer instinct .. what more does he have to do be crowned the greatest?

I stay arguing with my lil homeboy who's 24 and a LeBron super fan. I swear I think he's just salty that he missed the golden era of basketball and just hates on it. If yall saw some of the ridiculous things he says :smh: dude said the 93 suns were trash. Also said that eliminating the top 10 players in today's game would make it equivalent to the talent in the 90s :smh: I can't.

Golden Era ? That sounds like an opinion to me.. heck I'm a warrior fan living in the bay area all my life and I can call this era my golden era of bball and I'm 31 years old so I seen the era you're talking about

What does he have to do to be called the best ? His IQ is already better than MJ , he will surpass him in scoring next year when it's all said and done he will pass Kareem in scoring.. jordan didn't make his teamates better like how lebron does... he covered every flaw in his game.. the shooting was supposedly never going to be there, the passing was supposed to be overrated , he wasn't clutch enough, no killer instinct .. what more does he have to do be crowned the greatest?

I HATE when people say Lebron surpass MJ in scoring......totals WILL NEVER hold higher value over average to me

and last time I checked the #1 Points per game for a career in Regular Season, Playoffs and Finals is MJ.

Post 99 ushered in a watered down, business driven league. Late 80s, early 90s was like a war zone. Cats might be able to get service connected compensation like in the military. Back then it was hard nosed basketball. Now it's a pg13 popularity contest.

Go back in time and kill Michael Jeffery Jordan.

They love comparing brons dominance to Mike's...

How many hall of famers has Bron prevented from getting rings year in and year out?
Im not even a bron stan but shutting out an entire conference for close to a decade is hellla impressive. Year and year out teams there try to get better and beat you but they dont year and year out.

How many hall of famers has Bron prevented from getting rings year in and year out?

Taking the "strength of competition" route is the worst idea when discussing Jordan vs LeBron. LeBron has beaten a 73-9 team in a finals series, as well as another team with 3 future MVPs. Which of the Jordan's 6 teams filled with HOFers Jordan beat in the finals compares to that?

LeBron dominated over his competition so much that he made the second best player in the league and the third best player in the league join forces in order to beat him.

You're much safer with just going with the same old LeBron hater "6/6 > 3/8" route and wait for thumbs up from fellow LeBron haters, without looking into the context behind those numbers.

He has stopped the following players from getting a ring/another ring/a chance at getting a ring:

Duncan
Manu
Parker
Kiwi
KG
Piru Pierce
Ray Allen
Vince Carter
Jason Kidd
Chauncey
Shaq
Melo
KD
Harden
Westbrook
Pau
Steph

He has stopped the following players from getting a ring/another ring/a chance at getting a ring:

Duncan
Manu
Parker
Kiwi
KG
Piru Pierce
Ray Allen
Vince Carter
Jason Kidd
Chauncey
Shaq
Melo
KD
Harden
Westbrook
Pau
Steph

Ummm.. Some of these players actually stopped him from getting a ring more than he did

As great as he is, LeBron had a few too many disappearing acts for me to consider him GOAT. MJ always rose to the occassion, always gave his all, and he just seemed more competitive which means winning was on his mind 24/7. LeBron I feel likes the theatrics and fame along with the game.

http://www.interbasket.net/news/107...dans-streak-of-10-triple-doubles-in-11-games/

i'm not sure how successful this was but Mike could do it if he wanted to. lets stop comparing mike and bron. he could pass him in all statistics but the blemishes on his career will never be forgotten. i'm rooting for bron, lets all just wait till its all over to compare them. beside his time in miami under riley, bron never had the puppeteer (coach, head office, etc.) mike had which is what hurt his legacy (dipping to south beach). ppl def. don't give him enough credit for over coming his weakness (mavs meltdown, "clutch", shot, etc) and everyone was going ham when jordan came back in 96 after getting the ball slolen from him against the magic.

59 wins, Home court advantage, $120 million payroll, two perennial all stars, best bench in basketball.

Sweep.

This pathetic *** core needs to be broken up. Coach fired. Last 5 years have all ended in utter embarrassment. Game 7 loss at home to the nets, swept with Homecourt by the Wizards, 30 point elimination game loss to Cleveland, swept by Cleveland then swept by Cleveland again with Homecourt & no Kyrie.

Pitiful. I will never watch another Raptors game. Waste of time
Casey is probably gone after this. Only major change that can be made those Lowry and Derozan contracts are basically impossible to move.

As bad as its always ended, this has been the most successful portion of the Raptors and I feel like fans of the team shouldn't be in a rush to kill them. The rest of us.....

We all know the Celtics got hosed by the refs in Pennsylvania so, i'm not even gonna argue about game 4.

TOR needs to trade Kyle and Serge and build the team soley around Demar. I'm not sure if the Raps can even get past BOS or PHI in a series. Time to trade away assets and semi-rebuild or just reform the team.

Last edited:
Biggest flaw in using numbers alone to justify Lebron>MJ is you have to adjust for the pace in different eras. The spacing, pacing and shooting is so much better in today’s game so comparing numbers isn’t an objective metric. Of course, you can argue the defense in today’s game is much better etc which is why these comparisons are ridiculous. In the end it’s just an opinion

Well ..then your reading comprehension is just as bad as the raptors.

How did exactly Bron prevented duncan's spurs from getting the ring year in and year out? .. the first time they met he got swept

I gave a list of HOFs year in and year out.

Duncan happened to be one of the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom