2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imma need you to pull up a receipt on this. Cuz I swear yall stay confusing me with someone else. Is someone in here's name that close to tekthemaestro?

upload_2018-5-8_7-10-55.png

As great as he is, LeBron had a few too many disappearing acts for me to consider him GOAT. MJ always rose to the occassion, always gave his all, and he just seemed more competitive which means winning was on his mind 24/7. LeBron I feel likes the theatrics and fame along with the game.

You're buggin.....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

KANG :pimp:

idk if im pissed or amazed by the fact that a "#1" seed couldn't get at least one game against the cavs when a team with less talent and a handful of players playing together for the first time this season were able to take them a full 7.

Do the Raptors even have that much talent? At the top end, not really. I’m not even sure we should consider Lowry and Derozan to be stars at all.

It’s not F Bron because he clearly is the best player of his generation and thats not even debatable. The argument vs MJ is where I become confused. It’s like all of the total measureables like points, rebounds, assist etc are always shouted by the Bron fans and held over MJ, but whenever you bring out what I would think is the most important stat ie championships, you get a lot of goal post moving arguments to downplay being 6-0 in the finals versus 3-8. We all know Bron been to 8 finals etc, but on what planet is 3-8 better than 6-0 in anything except obviously for this argument? Like all jokes aside is the goal of these Top tier, franchise players to amass statistics or championships? If is solely stats then the total numbers show Bron has that as he still has a few years left, but if we are talking rings, then he still has to get more. Championships is a stat also and the greats are judged on how many they win.

MJ and Bron dont have the same skill set cant really compare somebody that passes, defends 1-5, and a clutch shooter to somebody that made their name playing plumbers and accountants.

MJ and Bron dont have the same skill set cant really compare somebody that passes, defends 1-5, and a clutch shooter to somebody that made their name playing plumbers and accountants.

If Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Hakeem, Barkley, Shaq, GP, Etc are plumbers then the comp Bron is playing against have to be day laborers or cats that work at a staffing agency :rofl:

Post 99 ushered in a watered down, business driven league. Late 80s, early 90s was like a war zone. Cats might be able to get service connected compensation like in the military. Back then it was hard nosed basketball. Now it's a pg13 popularity contest.

This is always said because now it’s easy to chop up highlights to show nothing but fights and guys being thrown around. I’ve been watching re-watching random early 90s games on YT for a couple weeks now and they very well consisted of touch fouls, bricks, and bad defense. Most of these games were teams playing the Pacers or Pistons. So yes, the great destructive force Bill Laimbeer was playing defense by watching guys run past him for a layup. Sure, today is different, but people need to stop acting like yesteryears nba were dudes playing in a coal mine.

The Raptors are basically at the crossroad of ticket sales vs. desirable results.

They have a whole country spending money on them, that's kinda hard to walk away from.

Very good point. Not sure what goals the Raptors org have.

Getting swept while having the #1 seed and better bench has been quite the let down. At this point, you ride it out with Lowry and Derozan and try to slowly move those guys as their contracts near expiration.

As I approach my 4th season of being a Lebron super fan I have to step back and reassess Lebron’s placement in the pantheon of great basketball players. Lebron is top 5 and if he pulls this championship this season (which he will) than he slides into top 3 easily but the title of #1 can never be touched. Michael Jeffrey Jordan will forever be the greatest player in basketball history because what he’s done can’t even be fathomed let alone replicated. We all know the number of rings and we all know how he got them but I don’t personally use that as the barometer because though it’s accurate, it isn’t necessarily fair. What makes Michael Jordan the greatest is probably the most underrated yet improbable thing to ever occur in NBA history....his 1988 season

-Most Valuable Player
-Defensive Player of the Year
-Scoring Title
-All NBA first team
-All Defensive first team
-Slam Dunk Champion
-All-Star Game MVP

...like how tf do you win the scoring title and DPOY and you’re a guard :sick::sick: Lebron is that ***** but he’ll never be THAT *****. And that’s ok.

As I approach my 4th season of being a Lebron super fan I have to step back and reassess Lebron’s placement in the pantheon of great basketball players. Lebron is top 5 and if he pulls this championship this season (which he will) than he slides into top 3 easily but the title of #1 can never be touched. Michael Jeffrey Jordan will forever be the greatest player in basketball history because what he’s done can’t even be fathomed let alone replicated. We all know the number of rings and we all know how he got them but I don’t personally use that as the barometer because though it’s accurate, it isn’t necessarily fair. What makes Michael Jordan the greatest is probably the most underrated yet improbable thing to ever occur in NBA history....his 1988 season

-Most Valuable Player
-Defensive Player of the Year
-Scoring Title
-All NBA first team
-All Defensive first team
-Slam Dunk Champion
-All-Star Game MVP

...like how tf do you win the scoring title and DPOY and you’re a guard :sick::sick: Lebron is that ***** but he’ll never be THAT *****. And that’s ok.

I stopped reading after I read “if Lebron pulls the championship this year” (which he will) Warriors in FOE!!!!!

Dwight was on earlier talking about how he lost a little love for the game after the Orlando situation. Mother ****er, you caused that situation

You can tell he is butt hurt with what the rockets are doing right now too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom