2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall are stuck on this idea of posting up being catching the ball on the block and backing down all the way to the hoop. Again, look at LeBron. Drive from the top of the key, recognize the paint defense, immediately pull up for a turnaround or half spin. Don't even need to put a body on the defender
LeBron sometimes draws a double team by posting up on purpose so he can kick it out to a wide open shooter or someone in the paint.

If anything, we can argue here that Harden's decision making is :sick: at times when he got an arsenal of moves that he doesn't use to help out his team.

The Warriors have lost 6 playoff games in the Durant years and half of them are against the Rockets but somehow the Rockets had the wrong game plan. :lol::rolleyes

They had a great gameplan defensively & played with extreme energy on that side (especially Tucker & Ariza) what lost them this series was offense.

For the Blog Boys the Houston rockets had one of the highest offensive ratings in the history of the NBA at 114.7..... in this series it was just a shade under 105.0. To put that in perspective this team had an offensive rating this series on par with this years Memphis Grizzlies & Atlanta Hawks. With the guy some people in here said had the greatest offensive season EVER.

If that doesn't scream wrong gameplan on offense then i don't know what does.

I never want to see GSW win.
But CP3 is such a punk that I find this, better than a consolation prize.

He's so dirty and such a loser on the Floor,
that it kind of evens this loss out for me.

i legit feel this same way now. and i was a pretty big fan despite calling him a fat ****. but was completely turned off this series. dude too talented and too dirty and petty for me to root for him

Rockets needed to make more shots. They were bricking 3s left and right. They also missed a ton of layups over the series. Mid range and post would have granted better looks, helping to defeat the warriors
Mid Rangers which are easier to help on and contest are NOT better looks than the ton of open threes the Rockets shot. They just missed an inordinate amount.

Game plan
Take 6 seconds to bring up the ball to half court
Take 9 seconds to force the preferred switch
Spend 9 seconds trying to iso the weakest defender that would lead to
- a stepback 3
- a drive into the lane where a former dpoy will meet you
-pass to a shooter when your iso leads to nothing for a contested 3 with 1 seconds on the clock

They had a great gameplan defensively & played with extreme energy on that side (especially Tucker & Ariza) what lost them this series was offense.

For the Blog Boys the Houston rockets had one of the highest offensive ratings in the history of the NBA at 114.7..... in this series it was just a shade under 105.0. To put that in perspective this team had an offensive rating this series on par with this years Memphis Grizzlies & Atlanta Hawks. With the guy some people in here said had the greatest offensive season EVER.

If that doesn't scream wrong gameplan on offense then i don't know what does.

You mean to tell me there’s a drop off when you aren’t beating up on the other 29 team a in the league versus a top 5 defense?

They Took EIGHTEEN CONTESTED PULL UP THREE POINTERS, i'm sure that bumass offense has a name, doesn't make it an effective one

Game plan
Take 6 seconds to bring up the ball to half court
Take 9 seconds to force the preferred switch
Spend 9 seconds trying to iso the weakest defender that would lead to
- a stepback 3
- a drive into the lane where a former dpoy will meet you
-pass to a shooter when your iso leads to nothing for a contested 3 with 1 seconds on the clock

maf dont work

If anything last night showed again how Dantoni teams really live and die by the 3. SOME kind of adjustment needed to be made. Cant allow your players to go 0/27 while continuing to ISO on most possessions. Try to draw fouls and take it in.

Still with that said, Cp3 was out and usually, they wouldnt miss those same looks.

You mean to tell me there’s a drop off when you aren’t beating up on the other 29 team a in the league versus a top 5 defense?

So you mean to tell me it should go from ALL time Great status to Memphis Grizzlies & Hawks (Did you peep those rosters) because your playing a good defense? :rofl::rofl:

The Warriors played against a hell of a defense this series and actually upped their offensive rating. No way can you sit here & say the Rockets had a great strategy offensively with that huge of a dropoff

Mid Rangers which are easier to help on and contest are NOT better looks than the ton of open threes the Rockets shot. They just missed an inordinate amount.

Except the mid range was open and uncontested because the warriors knew the rockets wouldn't take any

AngryIckyAoudad-max-1mb.gif

Steph was laughing because he knew how it would end.

now it just looks like cp3 is cripple in that gif.

Y’all wanted cp3 to play on a ****** up hamstring?! Dude gets too angry when he loses for me to consider he couldve gone last night. No doubt in my mind that if a doc left it up to him he would’ve hopped until his leg fell off last night.

Funny thing on one of the reasons why the Rockets won 2 of the 3 games before CP3 got a messed up hammy was that CP3 was able to get grind out buckets in the mid range and the paint when Harden went cold from 3.

Blog boys still clinging to the gospel of morey and the step back doctrine despite all evidence to the contrary. Gotta admire the dedication

DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp:
DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp: DUBS IN 4! :pimp:

dray.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom