2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Told my boy Steph was a top 5 pg of all time and he tells me some nonsense about how Steph aint better than Kyrie, Clyde Frazier, Penny Hardaway, AI and Oscar Robertson.
It's like having a personal barbershop on my phone :smh: Man really told me Kyrie was better than Steph and Steph wouldn't put Clyde in a blender :smh: If he wasnt practically family :smh:

All while having the nerve to snub Kidd and Stockton and Zeke :smh:

So you rather be eliminated in the first rounds rather than contending for a shot at a championship ? 8 straight finals trip while winning 3 is a phenomenal feat that should easily cancel out the ring talk .. through in his stats when it's all said and done and it should be unanimous who the goat is

I didn't say that. Not sure why you immediately jumped to that conclusion. Sure, 8 straight finals appearances is impressive, but when you're doing it against weak competition in your respective conference, it's going to be held against you. Again, you're argument is volume. When you consider volume into the conversation, you're immediately discounting value. At that point it's a law of averages. But unfortunately, this ain't baseball where doing something well only 30% of the time is impressive.

Why should we be impressed with going to the Finals 8-9 times and winning 3 times as a major accomplishment, when we've already seen someone go 6 times and won 6 times and was responsible for those wins? I'm sorry, but I can't get over that. And neither will most people.

Statistics don't mean much. Wilt Chamberlain dominated in that regard, but again it's held against him because of the competition he's faced during that time.

All while having the nerve to snub Kidd and Stockton and Zeke :smh:
Said Stockton wasnt top 5 either which is how this all started. I texted my top 5 after that and here we are now, with me hearing how Kyrie Irving is better than Steph :lol:

lebron is clearly the second best nba player of all time he had a chance to be number 1 but he messed that up by leaving the cavs for the heat but definitely number 2

Making it to 9. Is that a trick question?
So Making it to 9 straight and only winning 3 is a greater accomplishment than winning 3 out of 4 in consecutive trips? LMAO.

Oh Lord help me now.

So you rather have a 33.3% winning percentage than a 75%? Ok ....

What kind of world do we leave in where people is contempt in just making it rather than winning .

Buffalo Bill's are only remember for loosing, yet Lebron is showered with GOAT talks. Amazing how different generations view things.

I didn't say that. Not sure why you immediately jumped to that conclusion. Sure, 8 straight finals appearances is impressive, but when you're doing it against weak competition in your respective conference, it's going to be held against you. Again, you're argument is volume. When you consider volume into the conversation, you're immediately discounting value. At that point it's a law of averages. But unfortunately, this ain't baseball where doing something well only 30% of the time is impressive.

Why should we be impressed with going to the Finals 8-9 times and winning 3 times as a major accomplishment, when we've already seen someone go 6 times and won 6 times and was responsible for those wins? I'm sorry, but I can't get over that. And neither will most people.

Statistics don't mean much. Wilt Chamberlain dominated in that regard, but again it's held against him because of the competition he's faced during that time.

Stats don't mean much when your favorite players stats are about to be blown to bits by the certified goat.

Wilt basically played with rec league players so of course he gets discredited .. throw in the fact that his 100 point game could be a myth sure I can easily see him get descredited...

Lebron controls the game and tempo on both ends of the floor and it's been said but it will always be said he's doing it with a bunch of role players..

You just sound like a typical knicks fan , you probably just mad lebron has more titles to your Knicks TWO and he just tied the Knicks conference titles this year sounds like you might just be salty

So it looks like more people are actually rooting for the Cavs but doubt they can get it done. The tables have turned. This feels like WWE.

So Making it to 9 straight and only winning 3 is a greater accomplishment than winning 3 out of 4 in consecutive trips? LMAO.

Oh Lord help me now.

What kind of world do we leave in where people is contempt in just making it rather than winning .

Buffalo Bill's are only remember for loosing, yet Lebron is showered with GOAT talks. Amazing how different generations view things.

Jerry West should be top 5.

Stats don't mean much when your favorite players stats are about to be blown to bits by the certified goat.

Wilt basically played with rec league players so of course he gets discredited .. throw in the fact that his 100 point game could be a myth sure I can easily see him get descredited...

Lebron controls the game and tempo on both ends of the floor and it's been said but it will always be said he's doing it with a bunch of role players..

You just sound like a typical knicks fan , you probably just mad lebron has more titles to your Knicks TWO and he just tied the Knicks conference titles this year sounds like you might just be salty

You argument can be applied to LeBron being able to go to the Finals as much as he did because of his weaker competition. It's a two way street, man.

And you're discrediting me because of a team i'm partial toward? Yeah, your argument is substantive and holds water :lol:

The best point you can intellectually muster up is someone blowing records to bits? C'mon, man

He didn’t win a game once CP3 went down...
You’re oversimplifying it to push a narrative and to hate.

They lost by single digits while breaking the NBA record for most consecutive 3s missed. My bad if I find taking this team to 7 more impressive than beating the Celtics without Kyrie.

They lost by single digits while breaking the NBA record for most consecutive 3s missed. My bad if I find taking this team to 7 more impressive than beating the Celtics without Kyrie.
Cavs didn’t have Kevin Love.
And I don’t know what point you were trying to make with the first part of that post :lol:.

Cavs didn’t have Kevin Love.
And I don’t know what point you were trying to make with the first part of that post :lol:.

Im saying that the Warriors are incredibly lucky to have moved on in this series. I find that to be impressive considering how many Bron fans on this forum have called the warriors "unbeatable".

Oh Lord help me now.

IDK about you, but it seems like this is what you're describing...I have a feeling this is a sentiment believed by most Millennial

https://comps.canstockphoto.com/participation-trophy-vector-icon-image_csp44693377.jpg

Reactions: MVP
Im saying that the Warriors are incredibly lucky to have moved on in this series. I find that to be impressive considering how many Bron fans on this forum have called the warriors "unbeatable".
That is true but to somehow use that as a knock against LeBron is pretty weird bro...
There’s a reason they are the biggest favorites in Finals history.

What Steph is about to accomplish in this western conference is more impressive than what Bron has done since leaving for Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom