2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So expect the Heat to play up to their playoff tradition: the elbows, the pushing and shoving and the trash-talking that once defined this franchise during the postseason.

“They probably feel like they have the blueprint to beat us,” said Sixers guard J.J. Redick. “If you’re physical, you’re going to foul, the game is choppy and is played at their pace. We have to figure out a way to play at our pace.”

The only Sixers player who didn’t appear affected by Miami’s physical play was the guy who was the biggest target, Simmons. He had 24 points (hitting 10 of 17 shots), nine rebounds and eight assists while using his body to throw Miami defenders off-balance.

“This is the first time where [contact] has been let go a little bit more, which is good,” Simmons said. “I enjoy it.”

Now it’s up to his teammates to adapt to it, and Brown will be continuously delivering that message until the start of Game 3 on Thursday night.

“There’s a way you have to play in the NBA playoffs from a toughness standpoint,” Brown said. “This game is a snapshot of what you should expect.”

We weren't trying to lose until Porzingis went down & we were the 2nd worst team in the NBA from that point on.

They won 2 games in the last week of the season. That's a difference of 3 spots in the draft. Could have been right there for Trae Young.

They won 2 games in the last week. That's a difference of 3 spots in the draft.

They won with guys who'll be in the rotation next year so cant be mad. Hard to tell these guys to go out there and lose. FO could've maybe made up a fake injury and sat THJ/Burke/Frank/Kanter, but its w.e

First Take was talking about the OKC "Big 3" this morning and it had me laughing. Even the most casual NBA fan knows that Melo is washed and isn't a part of a "Big" anything. He's OKC's 5th best/most important player (1. Russ, 2. PG, 3. Adams, 4. Roberson, 5. Melo). Why do these talking heads keep pushing this "Big 3" narrative?

Melo put up 16/6/1 on 40% shooting with bad defense. That's Derrick Rose on the Knicks level bad. He's a net negative and if you take away the name recognition he's not even a rotation player for alot of teams.

They won 2 games in the last week of the season. That's a difference of 3 spots in the draft. Could have been right there for Trae Young.

Yeah, it's whatever tho.

Still in range for Mikal or Miles Bridges

They won with guys who'll be in the rotation next year so cant be mad. Hard to tell these guys to go out there and lose. FO could've maybe made up a fake injury and sat THJ/Burke/Frank/Kanter, but its w.e

They could have pulled a DAL/PHX easily

First Take was talking about the OKC "Big 3" this morning and it had me laughing. Even the most casual NBA fan knows that Melo is washed and isn't a part of a "Big" anything. He's OKC's 5th best/most important player (1. Russ, 2. PG, 3. Adams, 4. Roberson, 5. Melo). Why do these talking heads keep pushing this "Big 3" narrative?

Melo put up 16/6/1 on 40% shooting with bad defense. That's Derrick Rose on the Knicks level bad. He's a net negative and if you take away the name recognition he's not even a rotation player for alot of teams.

Name recognition is all it is

Miami
NO
GSW

Miami's at home and if Embiid isn't playing (I'm taking his doubtful status with merit) then the dynamic of the 76ers changes) then I'm liking Miami's physicality on the perimeter at home vs them.

Portland looks like they're cooked. They can't stop AD, and their guards are being bottled up. They obviously have no chance if Rondo and Jrue are going to defend like that. Would be much easier if they had a bigger 2nd option to pair with Dame *shrugs*

You guys sending Allie Clifton death threats and **** need to chill now that you realized she asked LeBron and he wanted to make a comment but it's still blame the media, damn get some perspective and accept that you were wrong

You think NT is sending death threats? :rolleyes

Pringles made adjustment by doing that. For the last 2 years the Rockets played him straight up and destroyed them every time.

DbH0puUUwAAHDuJ.jpg

Houston making his post catches tough, routing him about 3 steps farther than he would want to catch the ball at, then half the time they are either doubling him off the dribble or like this, doubling him before he even gets the ball :lol:

like I said, some of it is his fault, but a lot of it isn't.

Not a good sign that it took a top 10 Lebron playoff performance to beat the Pacers by 3 at home. Too many of their new pieces aren't ready for prime time. I see this Indiana series going 6 or 7 and the Cavs losing to the Raptors next round unless somebody other than Lebron steps up.

I don't see why Lebron would stay in Cleveland, the roster is capped out (partially his doing) and has a pretty low ceiling unless Lebron plays at a MVP-level.

Not a good sign that it took a top 10 Lebron playoff performance to beat the Pacers by 3 at home. Too many of their new pieces aren't ready for prime time. I see this Indiana series going 6 or 7 and the Cavs losing to the Raptors next round unless somebody other than Lebron steps up.

I don't see why Lebron would stay in Cleveland, the roster is capped out (partially his doing) and has a pretty low ceiling unless Lebron plays at a MVP-level.

IF Pacers go 3-1 though... it could be over! (but we've seen this before :lol:)

DbH0puUUwAAHDuJ.jpg

Houston making his post catches tough, routing him about 3 steps farther than he would want to catch the ball at, then half the time they are either doubling him off the dribble or like this, doubling him before he even gets the ball :lol:

like I said, some of it is his fault, but a lot of it isn't.

This is easy to defend when you’re playing 3 out 2 in. Look at Taj

:smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom