2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
KD is easier to build a scheme and a Team for. He's actually a better fit for the current CAVs than Lebron is. With KD the driving lanes are no longer crowded. He helps extend the defense; George Hill can become a prototypical PG. Korver and Smith would have better perimeter looks. Tristan Thompson, Larry Nance and Kevin Love should have better lanes to roll to the basketball in a P'N'R offense, especially since no matter what the defense must respect Durant's shot... Good shooting day... Bad shooting day.. It doesn't matter
people will never get this. It was the same ish in Miami when they lost.lebron puts up great stats but no help. Help should mean /do more then just spot up shooting and d. How bout run some plays besides LeBron iso drive and kick 99 percent of the time.

Lebron and korver 71575ECF-4139-477B-84BD-0F66BDFFE793.png

Repped. This is true.

This is also why I think the Sixers were lucky to advance against the Heat. JJ RedicKKK is saving them. He was their leading scorer and biggest threat. If Miami doesn't have a plethora of questionable calls go against them, or have Embiid take out their best player, that series goes 4-2, Miami. AT LEAST. I'm interested to see if ReddicKKK can continue being offensive minded and take those same shots, without discrimination.

I have the sixers making the Finals in my bracket so I hope it all works out. I just did not expect for RedicKKK to be the savior.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

KD would not make the playoffs with the cavs this year.

From the initial team until after trade deadline, KD is not built to lead a team. He's the greatest role player of all time; an iconic beta.

He's not a role player, come one man. He has the physical tools and the game to be an alpha dog I just don't think he likes having the mental and emotional strain of being THE guy. You add his obvious insecurity to things and you see why. Some very talented guys just aren't wired to be leaders.

He just wants to ball, have fun and be part of a great team and there's nothing wrong with that.

KD is easier to build a scheme and a Team for. He's actually a better fit for the current CAVs than Lebron is. With KD the driving lanes are no longer crowded. He helps extend the defense; George Hill can become a prototypical PG. Korver and Smith would have better perimeter looks. Tristan Thompson, Larry Nance and Kevin Love should have better lanes to roll to the basketball in a P'N'R offense, especially since no matter what the defense must respect Durant's shot... Good shooting day... Bad shooting day.. It doesn't matter

The cavs are not a driving team. They run a very basic pick and roll offense at best and rely on Lebron driving to create. KD cannot initiate an offense the way Lebron has to do with this current roster and "scheme"

You’re ****ing delusional.

Kyle Korver averaged 9 PPG this year, started only 4 games all year and has currently averaged 19 PPG over the last two games with 9 threes combined in those two when he previously went scoreless in 2 out of the first 3 three games of this series.

Dropping 19 per game and playing defense like a crackhead was not in the job description for Kyle Korver in 2018.

Yes because he is NOW the starting shooting guard.

people will never get this. It was the same ish in Miami when they lost.lebron puts up great stats but no help. Help should mean /do more then just spot up shooting and d. How bout run some plays besides LeBron iso drive and kick 99 percent of the time.

With Lebron, you have no other choice. He's been in the league how many years now and still isn't the starting PG. Can't have a ball dominant PG that initiates the offense. Essentially the offense with Lebron is drive to basket, drawing a double team and having your shooters run off of screens or tossing it to your athletic big man if his defender cheats and comes over for the double team. It truly is either he plays PG and you build a motion pick'n'roll offense around him or he plays PF. Every PF he's had plays SF on offense, which is why Kevin Love and Chris Bosh essentially became "3 and D" guys or "3 and Boards" guys. What he's always needed was a SG like Klay Thompson. Had it for a short while in Miami with Ray Allen. JR and Kyle Korver kind of fills that roll.

Another issue to is that in today's NBA the SF position has gotten much taller... now teams have a 6'10 to 7ft guy playing SF, making it easier to crowd the lane on a Lebron p'n'r offense. You no longer have to leave the corner three too wide open, and on top of that the option to dump it off to say Larry Nance isn't always there. Now most of the time you see Lebron taking that free throw line jumper that he's gotten vastly better at.

He's not a role player, come one man. He has the physical tools and the game to be an alpha dog I just don't think he likes having the mental and emotional strain of being THE guy. You add his obvious insecurity to things and you see why. Some very talented guys just aren't wired to be leaders.

He just wants to ball, have fun and be part of a great team and there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm not knocking KD's game, he's an amazing talent just not a leader. They would be the Carmelo Anthony Knicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom