2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many ppl in the league actually play defense? Serious question I’ve been watching b-ball for the last 28yrs this era compared to the 90s is a wash
You can't be serious. The rules are completely different in today's era. The defensive schemes are so much more complex in today's game than in the 90's. And they have to be because of the way the game is played.

The difference is Curry actually shoots an extremely high percentage of 3's and he shoots more than both those players. What is Curry 43-44% from 3 from his career. I think he's top 5 all time in 3 point percentage. That's the difference. Oh yeah, he's also the greatest 3 point shooter in the history of the league. And it's not like he shoots spot up wide open 3's all game like Kerr.

Solid post. Don’t let erupt get away with these narratives.

didnt even realize that the pacers outscored the cavs by a pretty wide margin overall in the series :lol:
they really goof'd that up

because predicting ish is fun. It's a huge part of sports and brings up interesting things to talk about . Imagine if we made no predictions and were just like
" I need to see this happen and then I'll form an opinion on it. "
* Who is going to win the chip this year.
* I dont know. Let the season finish and then I'll tell you.

* how do think Russ is going to age in the game and what do you think he'll be when hes 33.
* I don't know, well see and find out.

you make predictions before hand. See where you right and where you wrong.
A world with no predictions would be equally as fun as a world with them

I've been on a follower of Niketalk since my senior year in High School. I graduated in 2000. But I've only been an actual member for 3 years. However, I will always bring facts into a discussion. I will not play when it comes to BS narratives. Although I don't know where dude pulled that narrative from. That's not even a thing.

Idk why people continue to predict LeBron's future when it comes to decline or his body breaking down. For years we've been hearing these minutes will take a toll on him and here we are. Literally nothing has changed. Just played 82 games. And I have no reason to believe he won't average 34/10/8 again in a series next year with a ton of minutes.

There's no point in comparing him to someone else. He's arguably the greatest athlete of all time because no one has a ****ing clue when he'll decline. All we know is its inevitable.
Well said Frogs. There is nobody like him to even be ABLE to make a comparison/prediction when comes to when he will break down.

I would love to see him stick around for as long as it takes LeBron Juniors to come into the league.

That would be cool as hell

I've been on a follower of Niketalk since my senior year in High School. I graduated in 2000. But I've only been an actual member for 3 years. However, I will always bring facts into a discussion. I will not play when it comes to BS narratives. Although I don't know where dude pulled that narrative from. That's not even a thing.

@erupt is notorius around here for basing his opinions off of spreadsheets & TPA graphs

because predicting ish is fun. It's a huge part of sports and brings up interesting things to talk about . Imagine if we made no predictions and were just like
" I need to see this happen and then I'll form an opinion on it. "
* Who is going to win the chip this year.
* I dont know. Let the season finish and then I'll tell you.

* how do think Russ is going to age in the game and what do you think he'll be when hes 33.
* I don't know, well see and find out.

you make predictions before hand. See where you right and where you wrong.

you're right predictions are fun and I agree. But its not like that, I could have worded it better.

What im talking about is people saying the amount of minutes he plays is bad for him or look at what happened to Kobe.

download.jpeg

Well said Frogs. There is nobody like him to even be ABLE to make a comparison/prediction when comes to when he will break down.

I would love to see him stick around for as long as it takes LeBron Juniors to come into the league.

That would be cool as hell

THIS. Like seriously who in year 15? After all these finals appearances back to back to back etc to then play a whole 82 game season cmon fam no one else has done that 15th szn your crazy if you think he’s slowing down anytime soon dude still hasn’t had any major injuries he’s bionic smh

How?!?! Most games have been high scoring affairs are we watching the same games???
It's not as simple as high scoring= bad defense. Lots of teams are incredible at offense and offense always wins in the NBA. Additionally the pace is just a lot faster. For example, the Pelicans played fantastic team and individual defense against Lillard and McCollum and there were still some high scoring games.

Again a LOT of the reason games were so low scoring in the 2000s had nothing to do with defense, the offensive systems were pathetically bad. Midrange 2s off isos were considered a great shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom