2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph will probably get an organic minutes restriction when they're blowing them out. Looks like Steph will have enough time be in normal shape vs the Rockets.

So btw, is everyone back on board with the Warriors winning the chip this year? Everyone was getting a little wild for a bit doubting the Warriors for some reason.

It's not as simple as high scoring= bad defense. Lots of teams are incredible at offense and offense always wins in the NBA. Additionally the pace is just a lot faster. For example, the Pelicans played fantastic team and individual defense against Lillard and McCollum and there were still some high scoring games.

Again a LOT of the reason games were so low scoring in the 2000s had nothing to do with defense, the offensive systems were pathetically bad. Midrange 2s off isos were considered a great shot.
league is just different. I mean everyone just Chuck's threes now.
Im always a fan of lower scoring defensive struggles.
Everyone acts like everyone plays like the warriors or Spurs nowadays when that's not true .there is still alot of boring teams to watch and alot of teams that play bad basketball. Just more 3s are being shot. Go watch a bucks ,wizard or toronto game.boring af even if the games are close and all those teams are playoff teams.

That's just me. I find the entertainment value not nearly as good as it once was. I watched less ball the past two years during the regular season then I ever have in my life.

Reactions: MVP
Steph will probably get an organic minutes restriction when they're blowing them out. Looks like Steph will have enough time be in normal shape vs the Rockets.

So btw, is everyone back on board with the Warriors winning the chip this year? Everyone was getting a little wild for a bit doubting the Warriors for some reason.

Think there's still quite a few Rockets truthers in here. I think they actually may have been picked more than the Dubs in the bracket challenge.

Everyone acts like everyone plays like the warriors or Spurs nowadays when that's not true .there is still alot of boring teams to watch and alot of teams that play bad basketball. Just more 3s are being shot.

That's just me. I find the entertainment value not nearly as good as it once was. I watched less ball the past two years during the regular season then I ever have in my life.

It’s a lot easier to score now and way too many 3s put up chicks dig the long ball w/e 90s era had a lot more giants and way better defense cats actually took pride in locking cats up now cats blow by easily off the dribble with a layup or dunk

Everyone acts like everyone plays like the warriors or Spurs nowadays when that's not true .there is still alot of boring teams to watch and alot of teams that play bad basketball. Just more 3s are being shot. Go watch a bucks ,wizard or toronto game.boring af even if the games are close and all those teams are playoff teams.

I'm not speaking to entertainment value necessarily (though I do prefer the ball movement motion offenses now). Regarding shooting more 3s—that in and of itself is more efficient. Long 2s are starting to disappear from the game, and 3s are taking over. That's just simply better percentages, like going for 4th down more often in football.

The Rockets don't move the ball like the Spurs/Warriors but they do shoot a lot of 3s and basically no midrange shots.

Also I don't find the teams you mentioned boring. There's more talent in the league now then there was in the mid-2000s so more stars to see no matter the play style.

Harden having a 2011 Dirk year

giphy.gif

I'm not speaking to entertainment value necessarily (though I do prefer the ball movement motion offenses now). Regarding shooting more 3s—that in and of itself is more efficient. Long 2s are starting to disappear from the game, and 3s are taking over. That's just simply better percentages, like going for 4th down more often in football.

The Rockets don't move the ball like the Spurs/Warriors but they do shoot a lot of 3s and basically no midrange shots.

Also I don't find the teams you mentioned boring. There's more talent in the league now then there was in the mid-2000s so more stars to see no matter the play style.
im speaking on entertainment value and how teams play. I don't see much of a difference besides teams shooting more 3s.

. I don't agree with more talent in the league now. I think my favorite period of ball is probably late 00s and early 10s.

what you prefer is what you prefer. I respect it even tho I don't agree.

im speaking on entertainment value . I don't agree with more talent in the league now. I think my favorite period of ball is probably late 00s and early 10s.

what you prefer is what you prefer. I respect it even tho I don't agree.
Personally I miss the era of big men being more involved with offense, but I like the passing that's more popular now. But you're right it's all subjective.

Dirk carried the **** out of that team. That said I see what you mean because there was a (completely, totally unfounded) "choker" label on Dirk. Only difference is Harden's choker label is deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom