2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
how is mike d proven but Brad Stevens isn't. Mike ain't really have any accomplishments either by your standards
I mean you could read my note. He's still had more success and a larger impact on the game than Stevens has. Are you denying that? :lol: Stevens' career isn't even comparable to D'antoni's Suns career at this point.

I mean you could read my note. He's still had more success and a larger impact on the game than Stevens has. Are you denying that? :lol: Stevens' career isn't even comparable to D'antoni's Suns career at this point.
i did read it and still don't get how he's more accomplished . He ain't even made the finals and he had some great teams and he's been out coached in quite a few playoff series.
How much more success has he had. He ain't do ish with the Knicks or the lakers.

1. Greg Popovich
(no order)
Steve Kerr (People who say he is a bad coach are idiots. Great coach, great system, great player management)
Mike D'antoni (Hasn't won when it counts but revolutionized the offensive game.)
Erik Spoelstra (Proven great coach with both talented and untalented teams. Can maximize both top level and sub-par talent)
Rick Carlisle (Not on his best run and might be a little dated but has a long career of high level play).
Quinn Snyder/Brad Stevens (Young guys who have done a good job with what they've been given so far. Unproven. Looking forward to seeing them try and take the next step, hope they get the opportunity.)
Cool. We just fundamentally have different ways of thinking.

Ya'll want to act like I'm saying "Brad Stevens isn't great because he's never won a championship" but he's literally never coached a contending team or beaten a contender in the playoffs :lol:

Just let the man prove himself. He should have a solid 5 years to do so.

Brad I like the same age as I am. D is pretty old. I'll take Brad over mike anyday.
Okay, that's a perfectly valid opinion. It still has nothing to do with my point.

If you'd looked at Mike Dantoni in his third year at Phoenix you would consider him to be potentially on track to be one of the GOAT coaches. Brad Stevens hasn't been through the slightest gauntlet yet.

...And yet his achievements still dwarf Brad Stevens? Whose best playoff achievement ever was defeating the Wizards in 7?
If the Celtics make the conference finals this year, Stevens will be just as accomplished as MDA in about 1/3 of the time. I'll take it.

If the Celtics make the conference finals this year, Stevens will be just as accomplished as MDA in about 1/3 of the time. I'll take it.
Not really, but sure :rolleyes. Dantoni won 50+ games in his first four full seasons and made the WCF twice. This is already Stevens' 5th season.

ultiple league sources also told ESPN that the Spurs have grown worried that Leonard's group has an ulterior motive to fray the relationship and get Leonard traded to a larger market such as Los Angeles (Leonard's hometown) or New York or Philadelphia (Robertson lives in New Jersey).

One source close to Buford said the longtime executive admitted to him that he's constantly losing sleep over how and why the relationship with Leonard has disintegrated.

For years, the Spurs saw him as the heir apparent to Duncan, both in his ability on the court and his low-maintenance personality off it.

"Kawhi just wants to get better and better and better," his mother, Kim Robertson, told ESPN after he was named Finals MVP in 2014. "He does not want to be a superstar. He does not want to be in the limelight. He just wants to be good at what he loves to do."

Those who talk regularly to Leonard still believe that's the case. Popovich stayed in close contact with Leonard, exchanging text messages throughout the season. So have teammates, including Danny Green and Dejounte Murray.

What the Spurs are trying to determine are the motives of the people speaking for him.

SO JUST WHO is Uncle Dennis, as he's known to folks in San Antonio? And what is his agenda for Leonard?

There are plenty of people willing to speak about Robertson and Frankel, but very few who will go on the record. Several current and former associates and colleagues describe Robertson as "difficult" and portray an ambitious family member trying to parlay his nephew's success into his own marketing company.

According to multiple agents at other firms who met with Robertson in the past few years, he was interested in starting a business similar to LeBron James' marketing company, LRMR, and enlisting their services because he was not a certified player agent. That didn't interest the agents who spoke to ESPN, because their firms had their own in-house marketing and business services.

Not really, but sure :rolleyes. Dantoni won 50+ games in his first four full seasons and made the WCF twice. This is already Stevens' 5th season.

Nash
Amare
Shawn Marion
Joe Johnson
Grant Hill
Shaq
Diaw
Barbosa
Quentin Richardson

Color me uninpressed.

I posted in the NFL thread a few seasons ago and idk, seems kinda cliquey. Got the occasional “who are you” since I wasn’t a reg

:lol:

This thread is exactly the same. In fact before I knew about S&T general said that every thread in S&T was like that.

Y'all literally be talking about sucking each other's **** and having sex with each other. This is a regular occurance.
:rofl::rofl: Glad I missed that. Usually only post there when it’s football season

lmao. The thread rivaly is funny to me.
* Nba thread dudes " y'all weirdos "
*NFL thread dudes " no you are "

This

Also missed the Westbrook slander when they got sent home. :smh:

So we're going to act like having Nash/Stoudemire/Marion/Johnson is the same as having Jeff Green/Jared Sullinger/Avery Bradley/Brandon Bass?
No, but I never said that. Back to the "overachieving" argument because you literally have no other argument to make. Because Brad Stevens' hasn't proven anything except that he can win easy playoff series with a bunch of good role players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom