2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Throne time. Undisputed Best in the world time. Finals mvp time.

Welcome back B.I.L. :pimp:

5EF09B20-3EAA-4F94-877A-7E4E14CF2357.gif
Please re-injure

Put it like this....the NBA thread is much more likely to bump the new NBA Youngboy album than the new Post Malone album that just dropped :lol:.

i'm good on both, actually.. is k dot an option?

and at what point does the product put forth by either league come into the convo?

cause until the warriors get a legitimate threat, i simply dont really care about the NBA

I'n talking about the gap between the #1 and #2 players on the team. Yes, the net impact of the other players on the Mavs was impactful. But no individual player had a star level impact.

Duncan and Hakeem both played with other stars.
You’re getting caught up in names, I’m talking about actual on-court production :lol: we talking about different things here.

Bottom line, if you’re the team’s 5th best defender and you win a title in large part because you successfully defended other team’s stars, there is no carrying going on, no large “impact gap” or whatever you wanna call it

I'n talking about the gap between the #1 and #2 players on the team. Yes, the net impact of the other players on the Mavs was impactful. But no individual player had a star level impact.

Duncan and Hakeem both played with other stars.

Who were the stars on the ‘94 Rockets? Robert Horry and Sam Cassell?

And he’s talking about the ‘03 version of the Spurs with rookie Manu, 20 year old Tony, and Robinson on his last legs. At the time that wasn’t the same Tony and Manu who would later develop into great players.

i'm good on both, actually.. is k dot an option?

and at what point does the product put forth by either league come into the convo?

cause until the warriors get a legitimate threat, i simply dont really care about the NBA

The product put forth by the nba is lightyears ahead of the NFL :lol:.

NBA is the most progressive, fun, star filled, exciting, and narrative driven game right now. International flavor too. Social media done right, outspoken.

It’s trending in a hell of a direction. The league will always have dynasties. Don’t trip because it’s not the Lakers/Celtics/Bulls :lol:.

You’re getting caught up in names, I’m talking about actual on-court production :lol: we talking about different things here.

Bottom line, if you’re the team’s 5th best defender and you win a title in large part because you successfully defended other team’s stars, there is no carrying going on, no large “impact gap” or whatever you wanna call it
I'm not getting caught up in anything. You're countering me saying "There was a big gap between the #1 and #2 on the Mavericks" by saying "Yeah but if you combine the #2-#8 they did a really good job." Again that's not my point.

Who were the stars on the ‘94 Rockets? Robert Horry and Sam Cassell?

And he’s talking about the ‘03 version of the Spurs with rookie Manu, 20 year old Tony, and Robinson on his last legs. At the time that wasn’t the same Tony and Manu who would later develop into great players.
Eh I guess it's fair to say the Rockets and Spurs are comparable, but I think both teams were better than the Dallas roster.

Looking back I did forget how young both teams were.

(Also I said last 10 years)

I can't stand most of LA LA because of the congestion. Traffic can legit take years off my life, but a lotta folks just accustomed to that lifestyle. I could still go into LA daily for the nightlife and what not but live somewhere with more elbow room
I can't stand la la. I'm good

NBA is the most progressive, fun, star filled, exciting, and narrative driven game right now. International flavor too. Social media done right, outspoken.

It’s trending in a hell of a direction. The league will always have dynasties. Don’t trip because it’s not the Lakers/Celtics/Bulls :lol:.

what you described is elements of what the league should be and could be.. and yet it is predictable

the dynasties you speak of at least had challenges along the way.. i will be impressed if this warriors team reaches a game 6 in a series

also, because teams have realized the value of the 3, you have teams jacking up way too many and people who shouldnt be shooting them firing away

also the officiating is an absolute joke, which isnt a new problem.. but it still hasnt been properly dealt with

********. If I damn near know what the outcome of the NBA is going to be every single year, then it isnt a superior product. The NBA has a serious competition problem right now. In any given year, only one to three teams stand a real chance of winning the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom