2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly seems like Simmons is pulling stuff out of his *** with the George to Philly talk. Thought it would be LA or bust for him. Going to Philly he's basically accepting being the 3rd guy too.

Well he’s 28 now and being the #1 option didn’t work out previously in Indiana and being the #2 option sure as hell didn’t work this year in OKC. Philly is literally the perfect situation and fit for him. They set everything up a year ago to land a max guy this summer and the team is more appealing than ever to go to.

Simmons definitely isn't a Lebron hater.
Nah man. :lol: He takes so many jabs at LeBron and his camp. He's bitter that LeBron doesn't mess with him and won't come on his show. He does a decent job or not letting it affect his basketball takes, but he absolutely doesn't like LeBron.

Nah man. :lol: He takes so many jabs at LeBron and his camp. He's bitter that LeBron doesn't mess with him and won't come on his show. He does a decent job or not letting it affect his basketball takes, but he absolutely doesn't like LeBron.
Oh **** i forgot he always talks **** about klutch sports lmao

Well he’s 28 now and being the #1 option didn’t work out previously in Indiana and being the #2 option sure as hell didn’t work this year in OKC. Philly is literally the perfect situation and fit for him. They set everything up a year ago to land a max guy this summer and the team is more appealing than ever to go to.
I think it's not a perfect basketball situation for PG. Do you think PG himself thinks that he can't be a #1 or #2 option? The same guy who had the Pacers battling with the Heat when he was really young. I'm not knocking the Sixers at all. I just think that all of the smoke has been pointing to LA. Maybe the sixers knock their meeting with him out of the park.

Did it not work in Indiana...or did he just run into Lebron like every other star in the East for the past decade?

I'm trying to limit my hot takes...but he really looks like THE next guy.
Don't really see how it would be a hot take at all. His percentages aren't fantastic, but he can do some amazing things out there and isn't scared of the big stage whatsoever.

Donovan is a superstar in the making and for all intents and purposes he’s playing with some scrubs and have them looking stellar.

Ben is playing with Joel and it’s up for debate who’s better between the two of them.

I think it's not a perfect basketball situation for PG. Do you think PG himself thinks that he can't be a #1 or #2 option? The same guy who had the Pacers battling with the Heat when he was really young. I'm not knocking the Sixers at all. I just think that all of the smoke has been pointing to LA. Maybe the sixers knock their meeting with him out of the park.
He would be relied upon to be the #2 scoring option on the Sixers, just like he was relied upon to do that this year in OKC. Except in Philly, the primary ball handler isn't selfish and the team's #1 scoring option is the best or 2nd best big man in the NBA.

How long are we gonna keep talking about that 2013 playoff where PG played well? That's his entire claim to fame. Whenever he's struggling or anyone doubts him, people say "Well remember in 2013 when he pushed that Miami team...". That was 5 years ago. I think the last 5 full seasons are a more accurate sample size than one really good playoff series.

I'm as big a Lakers fan as anybody but I'm realistic about what I expect from PG. I expect an andre iguodala type player, not 2013 PG-against-the-Heat

I’m sure LeBron, Wade and Bosh all viewed themselves as #1 options as well when they teamed up. KD and Curry I’m sure both view themselves as #1 options. I think it basically comes down to whether he has the same mentality to join up on a team like that with the intention of winning championships or whether he just wants to live back home in California, maybe just make the playoffs and make some more money on his sneaker deal. We’ll find out everything we need to know about PG by who he signs with this summer.

Paul george hasnt been out of the first round since 2014. Dude is buns

He's not a bum. He's like a suped up version of andre iguodala on the Sixers.

He's an elite complimentary piece who can go off from time to time but if you expect him to lead your team, you're not going very far (a la Draymond)

Reactions: God
Hopefully the sixers pass on PG so he doesn’t ruin the sixers young core

When he has the ball you might as well just go for the rebound. What if he has the ball on a fastbreak? Might as well not even run, he’s not giving that up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom