2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like it’s a result of their competition. Game 4 in Minnesota last series should’ve showed everyone that the Rockets can turn it on when they want. The only point I am worried about is MDA’s rotations can get questionable but I’m of the mindset he already knows his best lineup for GS after beating them 2 out of 3 in the regular season and he wont deviate too far from that during that series with longer wing defenders playing big minutes.Their offense running through Harden has been effective up until last night and even then I don’t pin point that as the reason for an 8 point loss. Containing Harden doesn’t seem to be the way to beat the Rockets and if that’s GS’s game plan it won’t work. If Rockets win the first 2 games in Toyota that series, the champions will get dethroned faster than we expect.

If the "rockets can turn it on anytime they want", why are they losing games? They should just turn it on and score 200 points per game with more 50 pt quarters.

PG is a really good player but I think this is about managing expectations. If he's framed as the savior of any franchise then he's destined to fail. The moment that he was connected with the Lakers his profile league-wide raised considerably and the hate began. No one hated him in Indiana.

His role would be completely different in LA. No more ISOs, no more standing around watching Russ dribble for 20 seconds.

Agree with all of this. Especially the underlined.

This is probably the lightest load he'll have to carry in his career. He's basically going to be playing the same role KCP played last season. Similar to the same role Klay plays for GSW.

Didn't he go to 7 games in the conference finals with one of the best teams ever? :lol:

This same **** happened to Oladipo here last year and I told people to chill. Russ makes you half the player you really are.
That was like 5 years ago. Truth is he really hasn't been the same since he broke his leg. He'll show spurts of the '12-'13 PG but that superstar player is long gone...

Hopefully the sixers pass on PG so he doesn’t ruin the sixers young core

When he has the ball you might as well just go for the rebound. What if he has the ball on a fastbreak? Might as well not even run, he’s not giving that up
That’s what the sixers need tho. They need a guy who can create and hit a jump shot on his own. When the offense goes into a lull he’s needed

Agree with all of this. Especially the underlined.

This is probably the lightest load he'll have to carry in his career. He's basically going to be playing the same role KCP played last season. Similar to the same role Klay plays for GSW.

Oh so Lonzo and Kuzma would be the Curry and KD while 5 time All Star Paul George takes a backseat to just be a spot up shooter :lol:

Oh so Lonzo and Kuzma would be the Curry and KD while 5 time All Star Paul George takes a backseat to just be a spot up shooter :lol:

He'd be playing with a pass first point guard in a more movement oriented off-season. He'd still get his shots but he wouldn't have to work as hard.

How many they won this year?
that just tells me you a barbershop boy
tenor.gif

Reactions: God
you literally just described the sixers offense lol

He'd thrive in either offense. He's never played with a pass-first point guard at any stage in his career. It's all about what he wants to do. The Paul George slander is getting a bit out of hand now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom