2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
2014’s were pure garbage. Not even a fan of Black infras but thought they were disrespectful. Hoping we get White infras soon. Kinda disappointed that BC4’s aren’t dropping for All-Star weekend either but I’m curious to see how well crafted JB makes these 6’s. One of the more intricate Jordan’s with so many details that have lacked in numerous retros. I’m optimistic simply because Black Metallic 5’s from ‘16 are amazing. Always preferred 3M tongue fire red V’s over those as well :lol:

The 2014 black infra is all good to me. But if they think they are just gonna change the back to nike air and keep everything else the same I wont buy. They really got to get this drop right. Correct shade, Nike Air, correct uppers, 3m still. I have a feeling we are gonna get a pretty good version here. I am not expecting 100% to 1991. But they got to come close. Love the 23 infrared shade, but not on these. They can match it, but will they? Time and wait at this point.

They tried to re introduce the 3. The mold is the worst it’s ever been. Since last year, the 13s mold is also the worst it’s ever been. The 4s mold is actually worse than it was in 2012.

At this point, get the uppers right enough, make the ankle pods wide again, and we’re good.

Jordan puts the most effort into the 11 and 1s mold because that’s the shoes that bring the hype

Last edited:
Speaking of 13s. They can’t seem to make the pairs with the 3m material at all anymore. The black/red and low black/blue shape is crazy to even look at. The Chutney lows are damn near perfect though. Weird.

Speaking of 13s. They can’t seem to make the pairs with the 3m material at all anymore. The black/red and low black/blue shape is crazy to even look at. The Chutney lows are damn near perfect though. Weird.
The leather pairs tend to look a little better. The White and Red 13 that wasn’t an OG was perfect. The actual white and red OG looked weird consistently.

They tried to re introduce the 3. The mold is the worst it’s ever been. Since last year, the 13s mold is also the worst it’s ever been. The 4s mold is actually worse than it was in 2012.

At this point, get the uppers right enough, make the ankle pods wide again, and we’re good.

Jordan puts the most effort into the 11 and 1s mold because that’s the shoes that bring the hype
chicken or the egg

more effort might bring more hype. The sooner they realize that today's consumer isnt stupid the sooner their heritage will start to produce its true potential returns.

They know what we want. Theyre just too stupid to give it to us.

It shouldnt take re hiring Gentry to figure this out. Make the damned things right!

Which is why I passed on all the retro 13s last year. That toebox just horrendous to me, and I still got my OGs.

The best OG retro to have released this year has been the shadow 10a

Wow I can just come back every couple of pages and still see this hopeless optimism continue to be repeated. Retros will never be as good or close to originals. 1s are the closest and still miles off. It's just facts, the brand has continued to disappoint with retros. Been reading "I hope they get these right" for ten years on the internet now.

Shadow X’s, black metallic 5s look good December concords looking good so far, do you own any of those or your just talkin?
I pass on retros mainly because of the retail price + tax, they're not worth it to me. The 5s dropped when I worked at finishline; $240 after tax? Hell no. They were decent, but they still threw that blue sole on for no reason - blue sole has been my complaint on a lot of retros that didn't have the blue sole in their first release. I have not seen shadow 10s, I don't like any 10s. And I don't judge retros based on pre-release photos, as is the case with concords.

I have the black cement 3s from 2018 because I got those pretty well under retail. They are certainly very far from original, which I expected them to be.

edit: my point is still that retros don't get close to the form/quality of the original, not that retros aren't good on their own. Which is pretty evidenced by the differences between 2016 metallic 5s and 1990 metallic 5s.

Last edited:
I pass on retros mainly because of the retail price + tax, they're not worth it to me. The 5s dropped when I worked at finishline; $240 after tax? Hell no. They were decent, but they still threw that blue sole on for no reason - blue sole has been my complaint on a lot of retros that didn't have the blue sole in their first release. I have not seen shadow 10s, I don't like any 10s. And I don't judge retros based on pre-release photos, as is the case with concords.

I have the black cement 3s from 2018 because I got those pretty well under retail. They are certainly very far from original, which I expected them to be.
The 3 mold shape shifted more times than I can count. And I agree with the blue sole thing but eventually they turn white then yellow so it doesn’t bother me much. But the shadow 10s did have great quality. I also agree on the price if there is no hype I wait until I can get them on sale and usually do now or days.

Last edited:
I know full well they won’t be OG copies, but as close as possible will make me more content than I was in 2014 or 2010. For most of us, Infrared, durabuck upper(not nubuck), Nike air, and better shape will make most cop, especially if this colorway is one of your favorites. The extra details would make them perfect.
If these look like the 2000 I’ll be content despite the 2000 being miles off.
95A8F954-527C-47E6-B5A4-E081052AF713.png

If these look like the DMP uppers, I’ll be content
BB0289AD-8490-4FDA-8280-A3F0BD4673A1.png

If these look like the Katrina Collection pair, I’ll be content
097BDA9E-5C29-4ADC-AA71-F459040F2D5F.jpeg

Hell, if these look like the 2012 sample uppers, I’ll be fine.
FA821B33-FF68-4748-A804-6DA461003138.jpeg

Last edited:
The shape is what it is, I know that won’t come back. Comfort and quality is were I draw the line. Gone are the days of punishing my feet to wear shoes strictly for looks. I’m also not forking over 200 after tax for shoes that won’t last.

I know full well they won’t be OG copies, but as close as possible will make me more content than I was in 2014 or 2010. For most of us, Infrared, durabuck upper(not nubuck), Nike air, and better shape will make most cop, especially if this colorway is one of your favorites. The extra details would make them perfect.
Fair enough.

The 3 mold shape shifted more times than I can count. And I agree with the blue sole thing but eventually they turn white then yellow so it doesn’t bother me much. But the shadow 10s did have great quality. I also agree on the price if there is no hype I wait until I can get them on sale and usually do now or day.

Please stop thinking that they use molds they dont ! materials are cut from patterns supplied by Nike to factories think blueprints not molds shoes are not poured into molds and made from liquid materials except the soles and midsoles which are the one part of shoes that are normally damn near like OGs.. also Og Durabuck is no longer produced so unless the original manufacture goes back into business this will never happen again. we will only get Nubuck moving forward! back in the day rumors stated that Nike destroyed the original patterns after a shoe was retired way before retros were even thought of, not only that the factories that produced OGs are no longer the same factories making our current retros. so if you keep these things in mind its easy to believe that we will never again have shoes 100 percent same as OGs!

Please stop thinking that they use molds they dont ! materials are cut from patterns supplied by Nike to factories think blueprints not molds shoes are not poured into molds and made from liquid materials except the soles and midsoles which are the one part of shoes that are normally damn near like OGs.. also Og Durabuck is no longer produced so unless the original manufacture goes back into business this will never happen again. we will only get Nubuck moving forward! back in the day rumors stated that Nike destroyed the original patterns after a shoe was retired way before retros were even thought of, not only that the factories that produced OGs are no longer the same factories making our current retros. so if you keep these things in mind its easy to believe that we will never again have shoes 100 percent same as OGs!
It’s been stated dozens of times that Nike uses their own version of durabuck since 1999 or something like that. I they can and do change molds often.

It’s been stated dozens of times that Nike uses their own version of durabuck since 1999 or something like that. I they can and do change molds often.

Exactly its not Durabuck! its a different material that is not the same due to trademarking ! unless Nike buys the Durabuck trademark which they haven't because they would call it Durabuck if they did it will never be exactly the same as OG material! and when is fabric placed into a mold? lol they use patterns not molds all the shoes are flat and stitched together molds are never used with fabric!

I think the 3's we got this year with their mold were good. Nothing like the OG's.. but good enough for me.

^^ this ^^

Some people don't know the difference between dropping knowledge and just being annoying...

Back
Top Bottom