2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Exactly its not Durabuck! its a different material that is not the same due to trademarking ! unless Nike buys the Durabuck trademark which they haven't because they would call it Durabuck if they did it will never be exactly the same as OG material! and when is fabric placed into a mold? lol they use patterns not molds all the shoes are flat and stitched together molds are never used with fabric!
How are you agreeing with me, and then saying something opposite what I said? It is durabuck, it’s just the Nike produced version.
http://sneakerhistory.com/2015/08/durabuck/

I think the 3's we got this year with their mold were good. Nothing like the OG's.. but good enough for me.
5C3ABA76-65E2-4969-BF27-6BEB53553531.jpeg

Nike has the option to make retros closer. These molds or blueprints change every now and then to something new. Is it random? No. They’re probably first drawn by hand before being made into actual molds or whatever the hell these pieces are.
86DA3BBD-E4D3-4591-81A9-CBE3BF33AD2C.jpeg
FB4304AB-C256-4CBE-B403-ECA6EDD3ACF8.jpeg

In regard to color and detail, they design each OG colorway with the actual OG right there. It’s their reference point. They also play around with different hues, different fonts, etc. they can recreate the OG shape and colors exactly. They just choose not to. What the majority of us want, is for them to at least inch backwards in time a little, instead of making them unrecognizable
48E07BFF-76B0-4D4A-BB0F-2F0839331715.png
D26C6C5C-E6FD-46F9-B547-7E34F69BD109.jpeg
7182C0C7-42EF-4045-BFCA-F62D927BE88D.jpeg
9BACBFAE-4727-4AA5-9059-F19EFB13EC31.jpeg
026DFBD9-F8D9-43A8-883B-B3D60F705AA2.jpeg

They have the OG Infrared in their offices and I’m sure they’re using them right now if not already as a reference
FF9CE439-2425-4548-9E2C-5E507ECC0374.jpeg
C28D0F6A-F144-40E8-9C74-020F697CF275.png

Attachments

• 253FC28A-E8B7-4814-816E-67FA653E25C2.png
    253FC28A-E8B7-4814-816E-67FA653E25C2.png
    781.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Please stop thinking that they use molds they dont ! materials are cut from patterns supplied by Nike to factories think blueprints not molds shoes are not poured into molds and made from liquid materials except the soles and midsoles which are the one part of shoes that are normally damn near like OGs.. also Og Durabuck is no longer produced so unless the original manufacture goes back into business this will never happen again. we will only get Nubuck moving forward! back in the day rumors stated that Nike destroyed the original patterns after a shoe was retired way before retros were even thought of, not only that the factories that produced OGs are no longer the same factories making our current retros. so if you keep these things in mind its easy to believe that we will never again have shoes 100 percent same as OGs!
You going extra hard correcting everybody about “molds”.

It’s all symantics everyone knows what someone means when they say “mold”.

As seen on this page.
They have the OGs models.They can make them in whatever cut, shape, form or “mold” they want if they so choose.

I never heard that rumor and if I did I wouldn’t even believe it. Why would they destroy the patterns. What company destroys their ground breaking patterns?

Phil Night- hey guys the ideas that catapulted us to a billion dollar company...yeah those pattern over there, burn’em.

molds and patterns are 2 different things you guys can argue all you want to, Nike was rumored to have patterns destroyed after production yes so that the factories that had them could not reproduce items outside of Nike contracts once production stopped. if Nike had all of these old patterns why would they need to dig into a vault to look at old shoes if they had the original patterns available?.. think about it they keep all the old shoes in a vault because all of the patterns are not available for them to go off of! if all of the original patterns were available all the retros would be exactly the same as OGs ! Nike themselves has to reverse engineer their older designs!

look at the pics ! the Nike design team is looking at old shoes and old pics to recreate what they originally made. if they had all of the original patterns or molds like you guys want to call them this would not be necessary!

What your seeing in these pics are wooden jigs that the design team uses to make the patterns once a jig is made to specifications the pattern is developed and issued to the factory that is contracted to actually produce the shoes.

They wouldn’t recreate the EXACT mold even if they could(I believe they can). For a brand that thrives on nostalgia AND hype, WHY would they give us EXACTLY what was released in the OG. I’m understand that they don’t want a 100% copy of the OG to be released. That’s fine to me. The retros from the 1994-2004. weren’t the same as the OG yet are very nice. The new retros look like fakes of the OGs and the first retros. New 3s look like fake versions of the 2006 versions. It’s all about lack of effort; even the 2010 6s had an acceptable mold IMO. Why are people mad? Because they go further and further away. Every few years.

look at the pics ! the Nike design team is looking at old shoes and old pics to recreate what they originally made. if they had all of the original patterns or molds like you guys want to call them this would not be necessary!
Dude do you even believe this?

Carmine mold changed from 2008 to 2014. Bigger toe box, rounded cuts on new pair less shapely(defined angles and cuts).
F65C9262-BA86-4EBE-AEBC-5B7F95D9C215.jpeg

Same with Olympic 6
8F44F08C-7532-47DD-B658-8C821323B489.jpeg

Infrared pack vs 2012 sample vs 2014
Same story
92323BC6-B7C8-4516-B23B-C56ECAA45A6D.jpeg

Here’s every retro infrared or infrared inspired excluding the 2000 retro
0511F212-196B-47E1-9893-ED90A331DD25.jpeg

In 2015, the 7s mold that was used from 2011-2015 changed within two months. The Bordeaux 7 uses a completely different mold than the hates. It’s closer to the OG aside from that bump on the toe box.
9E7E13C1-8784-4F95-AF31-331C2BD6AC9C.jpeg
B91AEAAC-A958-4963-AA4B-D667F97E985A.jpeg

In 2010, 9s had a decent mold. In the middle of the year, the reversed the jumpman, and made them more banana like that is still going on today. They do this stuff on purpose.

They’d kick me out. All I’d talk about is materials and shape. All they’d wanna talk about is making them cheaper to produce and how the spend the least and make the most :lol:

That’s basically why they keep changing the mold. The changes are to minimize the amount of extra materials used to make per pair. By stretching the amount of materials allocated, they’re able to make more pairs this increasing their profit margin. Also they don’t want to make a perfect replica because they want to keep people coming back and buying the same shoes over and over again. I’m done chasing perfection, i just want sneakers that resemble those that i grew up loving.

If they made perfect replicas of the OGs I think people would still buy the next retro. People have been buying the imperfect replicas so there must be a lot of people who don't care and now people who do care are buying too.

That’s basically why they keep changing the mold. The changes are to minimize the amount of extra materials used to make per pair. By stretching the amount of materials allocated, they’re able to make more pairs this increasing their profit margin. Also they don’t want to make a perfect replica because they want to keep people coming back and buying the same shoes over and over again. I’m done chasing perfection, i just want sneakers that resemble those that i grew up loving.
nah man, these myths need to stop.

If they were that concerned with cost then they wouldnt be slowly moving the operation to Vietnam. Where Im pretty sure the workers get paid more and thus do a better job, plus materials and shape seem to improve over there too. Note the air max 1 ID, more consistent shape, better midsole, bigger airbag. Look at the air max 93 menthol. Beautifully executed. Clay 1s, same.

On top of that, I dont see why it would cost them more to make the front of the shoe closer to the ground. The elf toe is unanimously hated, Im sure of it. But they dont want to invest back into their bsiness and redo the molds starting with the long overdue attention to the soles. Its way past time to re do these things from the ground up and incredibly petty to keep using the same old foundations theyve been using for decades. Especially when they didnt think twice about changing them in the first place. Why is it such a big deal to do it now? It doesnt make any sense to me. Any of it.

Wheres the god damned pride?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom