2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kupp for sure needs to keep building off this season.

I want to be sure people don't think this is a fluke, because its not. Kupp is just starting. Injuries derailed a couple of seasons for him.

But that injury made him who he is right now.

I WOULD NOT TAKE ANYONE ELSE OVER HIM

He's perfect for the rams system. Stay healthy because he makes watching WR's fun. Watching him run routes is magical. Thing of beauty.

I still remember the Rams were in rumors to trade Kupp, Havenstein and a 1st round pick for OBJ.

Elite skill set.

Under achiever for the most part.

Before this season Matthew Stafford was an elevated version of Jay Cutler.

I think he’ll get it, but this is under the assumption that he’ll play until 40 which I think he will.

AB is absolutely a HOF'er. Thats not even a question, with or without the knuckleheadedness

I hope people don't hold that against him.

cant burn down shh with multiple franchises and expect there not to be repercussions

we saw it with TO.. we see how irrational the shh is in baseball

I don’t wanna hear it. Tee Higgins scored off a clear facemask OPI that wasn’t called

refs had some big misses on pivotal plays

like AD was lined up offsides on a 4th down play.. but it’s hard to get worked up when it ain’t your team AND well they miss a TD play with some blatant sh

I don’t wanna hear it. Tee Higgins scored off a clear facemask OPI that wasn’t called
Can argue that all day about that being a makeup after the refs didn't call holding on a much more blatant foul on the Rams in the endzone before the end of the first half :lol:

Just thought it was an interesting thought coming from another defensive player, definitely think it's a valid point regarding how officials tend to give offensive players 10x the leeway that defenders get.

A LB makes a great play on the OPOTY and refs automatically assume he had to have fouled him. That was huge in the grand scheme of things, got a fresh set of downs near the goalline instead of 4th and 8...

Why y'all just keep throwing around "if so and so keeps this up for another 5-6 years" I don't think y'all really get how hard it is to have a long NFL career
We said this about Antonio Brown & OBJ :lol:

5-6 years at an elite level at WR is tough, plus there is already a logjam of WR trying to get into the HOF

Last edited:
Elite skill set.

Under achiever for the most part.

Before this season Matthew Stafford was an elevated version of Jay Cutler.

I think he’ll get it, but this is under the assumption that he’ll play until 40 which I think he will.
soooo disrespectful!!!

Cutler was never on the level of Stafford. Never ever.

Stafford has always had elite arm talent. Cutler was a bum. Never could say Stafford was a bum.

If a safety or corner was covering Kupp on that penalty, I don't think its called. Refs saw 55 and the pass being incomplete and he thought "no way that would happen without a penalty."

If a safety or corner was covering Kupp on that penalty, I don't think its called. Refs saw 55 and the pass being incomplete and he thought "no way that would happen without a penalty."

That is a good point. Ramsey, had a fist full of Higgins under shirt on the play he and the safety broke up near the end zone that wasn't called.

I'm just going by memory here but I do seem to remember that 55 tugged on him or at least had his hands around Kupp's waist on that play. That is like hacking down on the basketball. Even if you get all ball the act looks like a foul so it gets called.

IMO, that was a penalty. Could you call that every play? Absolutely but in that spot, IMO that was the right call.

That is a good point. Ramsey, had a fist full of Higgins under shirt on the play he and the safety broke up near the end zone that wasn't called.

I'm just going by memory here but I do seem to remember that 55 tugged on him or at least had his hands around Kupp's waist on that play. That is like hacking down on the basketball. Even if you get all ball the act looks like a foul so it gets called.

IMO, that was a penalty. Could you call that every play? Absolutely but in that spot, IMO that was the right call.
there was definitely contact throughout that play, even way before the ball came. But is it the reason the play was incomplete? Most likely not. Wilson played it well.

I think those type of plays should have slight contact. The NFL is hard enough to defend.

I would not have even made a peep if that play was called clean.

I found this hilarious :lol:

FB_IMG_1644944808670.jpg

Ya man is blue black :lol:

Bengals, please protect Burrow man, for us fans. They know what they need to do.

Are they losing key guys next season? Just in general.

The Tee higgins TD no call is a bad argument cause that further set the precedent that they were letting them play IMO

Bengals had chances to win the game but didn't capitalize.

Last edited:
Bengals, please protect Burrow man, for us fans. They know what they need to do.

Are they losing key guys next season? Just in general.
They're in enviable position rn.

Think most of their key guys are locked up and they'll have some of the most cap space (almost 60m) of anyone this offseason, no excuses not to remake that OLine.

If they do they'll be competing at the top of the AFC the next few years

I hear him, the bar for QB's especially feels like it's been lowered with the explosion of offenses.

Now anyone with a long career seems to have an argument irrespective of whether they were actually considered the best at their position at any point.

Guys like TB, Brees, Peyton and AR would be HOFers in any era with their accolades and I think someone with Ben's resume would get in but the rest of the guys named and discussed in recent years definitely have benefitted greatly from the era they play in. Comes down to whether they wanna keep a selective 'Hall of Fame' or are ok with it becoming a Hall of Very Good over time.

If you win a QB as a QB, throw for 45000+ yards and 300+ TDs you’re basically IN. We’ve been said inflated numbers and rules changes, and a pass happy league will allow tons of QBs to make the hall.

Look at the MVPs only 2 or 3 defensive players have ever won MVP. Merlin Olson, LT and Allan Page.

The NFL primarily shines its lights in QBs and their accolades…..

If you’re one of the best of your era or top 5 at your position for 5-10 in whichever draft class or decades you played, you’re making the hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom