2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
43 white presidents in a row. One black guy is president in all of a sudden "How can America be racist? The president is black."

That logic reads the same way.

-foe

Yeah that totally makes sense with the Deshaun Watson and Big Ben cases

Yeah that totally makes sense with the Deshaun Watson and Big Ben cases
You have to use the specifics in order to dismiss the similarity between the logic. And dismissing specifics can happen with any 2 cases mentioned ever. You're trying to say that the logic between the Ben case and the Deshaun case is comparable, but one could easily dismiss it as dissimilar, because 1 is in Pittsburgh, and 1 is in Houston. Totally different.

One is by a Super Bowl winning quarterback, one isn't. Totally not the same.

One is by a guy who was at a party, the other by a guy who was allegedly getting some handies. Totally not the same.

Ooooorrrr.... a person could be open minded and try to see the similarities and differences, and actually have a conversation about what's wrong and can be improved, what needs to be improved, how we can do better. One way is by not using isolated incidents as a way to dismiss white privilege. "This example of a white guy getting dragged means black people are doing just fine." Not really, no, just like a single black president didn't mean black people were fine.

-foe

You have to use the specifics in order to dismiss the similarity between the logic. And dismissing specifics can happen with any 2 cases mentioned ever. You're trying to say that the logic between the Ben case and the Deshaun case is comparable, but one could easily dismiss it as dissimilar, because 1 is in Pittsburgh, and 1 is in Houston. Totally different.

One is by a Super Bowl winning quarterback, one isn't. Totally not the same.

One is by a guy who was at a party, the other by a guy who was allegedly getting some handies. Totally not the same.

Ooooorrrr.... a person could be open minded and try to see the similarities and differences, and actually have a conversation about what's wrong and can be improved, what needs to be improved, how we can do better. One way is by not using isolated incidents as a way to dismiss white privilege. "This example of a white guy getting dragged means black people are doing just fine." Not really, no, just like a single black president didn't mean black people were fine.

-foe

Wait where did I say because Big Ben got drug that meant black people are doing fine? Can you show me that? Or are you just doing your usual of connecting dots that aren’t there?

I was replying about homie slurping Deshaun saying white America all hates him but they all rode with Big Ben which is simply not the case.

Keep that reach going though

Wait where did I say because Big Ben got drug that meant black people are doing fine? Can you show me that? Or are you just doing your usual of connecting dots that aren’t there?
Your next reply is going to be something about me twisting words around and/or playing word games when actually I'm going to use most of the exact same words that you just did.

Wait where did I say that you said that because Big Ben got drug that meant black people are doing fine? Can you show me that? Or are you just doing your usual of connecting dots that aren’t there?

Exactly. I never said you said that, but keep that reach about me reaching going. You're stretching for both of us instead of actually having the conversation.

-foe

gladiator-russell-crowe.gif

LFGGGGGG

Every lib in here is BANNED

-LIBSRTOAST

43 white presidents in a row. One black guy is president and all of a sudden "How can America be racist? The president is black."

That logic reads the same way.

-foe

this where you going for dabo’s favorite player!?

this where you going for dabo’s favorite player!?
My response about presidents literally, and this is going to be hard to understand, I get it, but literally has nothing to do with the Deshaun Watson. I was speaking about someone mentioning a lack of racial issues because of an anomaly.

This is exactly where these dialogs get muddied and convoluted, when people take quotes from other parts of conversations and apply them to parts of conversations that they weren't intended for.

I did not say that presidential reply of mine in any sort of defense of Dabo's favorite player.

-foe

People really say all is good just because a Grand Jury decided not to prosecute someone accused of sexual assault, huh? Ya'll realize its really hard to convict someone with rape or sexual assault, right?

Sexual assault cases see a conviction in less than 5% of the cases. You don't have to be innocent to get off a sexual assault of rape case. You just have to find a small hole or better yet, have lots of money to get off. Thats why many cases aren't even reported.

While I'm not going to convict Watson, I can say, with common sense, something very bad happened and he has issues. There's zero reasons why an elite athlete sees so many massage therapists. I know a little about that business and elite athletes stick to a small selection of people they see.

Ya'll who go hard for Watson do the same with OJ? He was not convicted in his criminal case but we know better than to say he was innocent. That dude is a murdered and you can't dispute it.

People really say all is good just because a Grand Jury decided not to prosecute someone accused of sexual assault, huh?
Legit question, and I'm fully ready to get blasted if there is a legitimate answer:

Has even ONE PERSON said that? "A grand jury decided not to prosecute. That means everything is fine and he didn't do anything." Even ONE person?

No one is saying that.

-foe

Legit question, and I'm fully ready to get blasted if there is a legitimate answer:

Has even ONE PERSON said that? "A grand jury decided not to prosecute. That means everything is fine and he didn't do anything." Even ONE person?

No one is saying that.

-foe
yes, I can safely say there are people who absolutely believe this.

Funny that OJ is being mentioned. Let's start listing some of the major sports scandals that we remember damn near stopping our sports lives, where we were glued to the proceedings.

We got Deshaun, OJ.

Vick.

Kobe.

We got Ben... kinda. Did the sports world really come to a stop? Not that I remember.

Not that it necessarily stopped the sports world, but remember Antonio Brown going off at his ex's house?

Ray Lewis?

Kaepernick just kneeled and that stopped a few people dead in their tracks. Didn't even do anything wrong but it was kinda big, yeah?

What other big time uh-ohs do you all remember? Name them. Let's do that.

-foe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom