2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Broad stroking white folk and systemic racism and don't hang out with any black people but MJ..... :lol:

There is absolutely a huge problem with racism in this world.

Deshaun Watson being guilty of...."something"...is not it.

Kap was some racist nonsense at the entire heart of it.

Watson is not that. White women, black women, Asian women, Hispanic women all know they have less rights/power over their own bodies in this country. It's shown every single day. Watson is in trouble over that, NOT because he's black.

White people who grew up with and actually hung out with black people outside of school/work tend to be much more understanding of our plight and understanding, they also tend to know we have a certain way of speaking without us needing to clarify every single word. I have a hunch that the white dudes on NT have little to no interaction with black people outside of their love for MJ and his shoes... Right on cue dudes are trying to pivot the conversation with one guy talking about blanket statements and the other trying to imply reverse racism... Dudes will talk about everything except what the court documents said about these accusers.

See 2nd paragraph below...

They don't understand systematic racism. To them racism is just someone calling someone a slur.

You for real have never heard of systemic racism?

-foe

I haven’t been following this whole convo so maybe I’m missing something but yeah…..that’s wild :lol:

He said systematic, not systemic. But I believe he meant systemic (correct me if I'm wrong K Kierris ). And replacing systemic with systematic in his statement, I believe it's well said and on point.

My only exception is this broad brush and you even repeating me when I used "blanket statement" as an assumption about me to invalidate my overall point. Essentially, you said, if you have black friends or grew up with them, then that segment would understand it more.

We all know if any white person says, "oh, I get it, I have black friends." It's automatic that person gets disregarded. :lol:

See 2nd paragraph below...

He said systematic, not systemic. But I believe he meant systemic (correct me if I'm wrong K Kierris ). And replacing systemic with systematic in his statement, I believe it's well said and on point.

My only exception is this broad brush and you even repeating me when I used "blanket statement" as an assumption about me to invalidate my overall point. Essentially, you said, if you have black friends or grew up with them, then that segment would understand it more.

We all know if any white person says, "oh, I get it, I have black friends." It's automatic that person gets disregarded. :lol:
Yeah that's what I meant and again I've explained that the term "white people" and "white America" isn't being used to encompass every single white person but I'm sure you dudes know that. Y'all seem to be more focused and willing to discuss blanket statements than what the court documents revealed about these accusers.

Yeah that's what I meant and again I've explained that the term "white people" and "white America" isn't being used to encompass every single white person but I'm sure you dudes know that. Y'all seem to be more focused and willing to discuss blanket statements than what the court documents revealed about these accusers.

Your out-of-the-blue post was discouraging because we been in this thread making jokes but making points about it. It's odd, suspicious human behavior. And to the multitudes with which it's hard to deny that he's very possibly a shady character. And unless I have everyone way way wrong or we have tons of posers here, it wasn't just white guys up in arms....not even close.

And it goes back to my original point...you alluded to the media and the like...that **** ain't reality. It is my conjecture here, that those forms of media is just an outlet to exacerbate and reinforce the confirmation bias that humans inherently gravitate to. I truly believe NT is a microcosm of reality...*shrugs*

It's the plight of being a human to allow yourself to take in multiple outlets of information and formulate an objective opinion. It goes back to grade school...sympathy and empathy. How people implement that is on them, for better or worse.

Willful ignorance was brought up and THAT...THAT is what I hate. I'm good with anyone and everyone, but ignorance is the root of all evil, imo...Willful ignorance will get me fired up though. Do not care who you are. Trust.

You remind me of my guy mr marcus mr marcus ...

Last edited:
Your out-of-the-blue post was discouraging because we been in this thread making jokes but making points about it. It's odd, suspicious human behavior. And to the multitudes with which it's hard to deny that he's very possibly a shady character. And unless I have everyone way way wrong or we have tons of posers here, it wasn't just white guys up in arms....not even close.

And it goes back to my original point...you alluded to the media and the like...that **** ain't reality. It is my conjecture here, that those forms of media is just an outlet to exacerbate and reinforce the confirmation bias that humans inherently gravitate to. I truly believe NT is a microcosm of reality...*shrugs*

It's the plight of being a human to allow yourself to take in multiple outlets of information and formulate an objective opinion. It goes back to grade school...sympathy and empathy. How people implement that is on them, for better or worse.

Willful ignorance was brought up and THAT...THAT is what I hate. I'm good with anyone and everyone, but ignorance is the root of all evil, imo...Willful ignorance will get me fired up though. Do not care who you are. Trust.

You remind me of my guy mr marcus mr marcus ...
This is actually a great post and very well articulated. I do agree niketalk, like most forums, is a microcosm of society. And you're also right the the media/social media isn't reality... With that being said, just like in society, you got dudes being passive aggressive and trying to avoid an objective discussion on this topic by any means. I consider myself to be a very empathetic person in that I'm open and willing to see things from anyone's point of view. For instance I can completely understand women not being objective and just assuming Deshaun's guilty. I can't tell you how many women have told me that they were abused or raped usually when they were younger and most of the women who have told me things like this never reported it so I completely understand why this is a touchy subject for women and why they'd natural just assume he's guilt. As men though I'd expect us to be more open to objectivity and understanding that nuances exist. Like I was genuinely asking dudes questions trying to see ther point of views but was met with non-responses, trolling, and passive aggressiveness. I brought up willful ignorance because it's become more apparent with each time I spoke on this that dudes have no desire to even consider Deshaun is innocent and that majority of the people commenting didn't even both to read the results of the investigation in the court documents... I can admit that reaching out to all those masseuses was shady but if anyone cared to read the docs it's clear Deshaun was sleeping with at least half of them. Most of the vitriol I've seen for Deshaun is coming from white people but I do agree with the sentiment that the internet/media is not representative of real life. I'm open to objective discussion about if anyone is ever down.

152A3274-E584-4275-937E-7D42A78BCD1C.jpeg

NFC West fans in mid-season form i see…wish i could say the same about my AFC West counterparts…

I be skippy when I see these

It's the big *** elephant with a top hat in the room, but folks get caught up thinking they gotta choose a side... I'm just over here asking both sides how tf dumbass dumbo got here in the first place and what we need to do about it, so I can holla at the 10 on the other side (probably a 6.5, but assuming I'm buzzed). :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom