2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So are teams gonna cry for rule changes everytime a game doesn't go there way? They had already changed the ot rules, it was fine as is. I mean at the end of the day, these dudes are millionaires. Let them do what they get paid to do. If a defense can't stop an offense from scoring a TD on the first possession of ot then oh well.

So are teams gonna cry for rule changes everytime a game doesn't go there way? They had already changed the ot rules, it was fine as is. I mean at the end of the day, these dudes are millionaires. Let them do what they get paid to do. If a defense can't stop an offense from scoring a TD on the first possession of ot then oh well.
Problem is only one team's defense held the weight of 'Stop them and there's no problem.' The other team's defense didn't have to worry about it, and they didn't earn that privilege.

-foe

Problem is only one team's defense held the weight of 'Stop them and there's no problem.' The other team's defense didn't have to worry about it, and they didn't earn that privilege.

-foe
That's the thing. They don't even have to stop them from scoring. Just stop them from getting a TD. If they hold the other team to a field goal their offense can still get the ball back. I know a lot of people disagree but it's just lame to me how teams can cry their way to a rule change. That's the reason the NFL is turning into glorified two-hand touch football now. Rant over lol

could be worse

could have something happen.. make a good rule to account for human error.. and have those humans not take advantage of the change they blatantly ignore all evidence provided to not use that rule

could be worse

could have something happen.. make a good rule to account for human error.. and have those humans not take advantage of the change they blatantly ignore all evidence provided to not use that rule
That was some nasty behavior that season man :lol: :smh:

could be worse

Right... The refs have been ruining games for decades, that has and continues to be the most pressing issue in the NFL. I would love for them to put in place these "good rules" to do something about that. I stick to my stance. It's corny we're changing rules because Justin Herbert didn't make the playoffs.

That was some nasty behavior that season man :lol: :smh:
Yep... Reminds me of dudes like Harden and Trae Young in the NBA who would abuse the shooting foul rule. 1/3 of Harden's game was him deliberately trying to draw fouls with no intention of scoring. I'm so glad that was addressed. Since we're on the topic, which rule do y'all think gets abused the most in today's NFL?

Cowboys started this whole lose in the playoffs change the rule trend with that drop by Dez.

Yeah....that DROP.
Thank you! Fam I'm glad I finally found someone that agrees with me. There was literally nothing confusing or wrong with the previous rules of what a catch was.... Keep control of the ball throughout contact with the ground, it's that simple. I can't believe people pretended like that shi was confusing. What's funny is that the rule of a catch today is exactly the same, they just dropped the part of you having to maintain control through contact with the ground. The NFL needs to stop letting fans peer pressure them into rule changes every time something doesn't go their favorite team's way. I agree, it was a drop.

Would be great for them after missing out on Za'Darius coming back last week

So they'd really go into next season with Brissett, Baker and Deshaun on the roster?

I'm a certified Cowboys hater. Card carrying member fo' life!!

He caught that ball.

-foe
Ok I just rewatched it on YouTube and you're right. He took 3 steps and made a football move. That was definitely a catch. Maybe my hatred for the cowboys had me seeing it differently back then.

They need to interview the refs who made this call one day and have them explain to us how they came to the conclusion it wasn't a catch. After he took 3 steps, anything afterwards shouldn't have mattered and although the ball came loose, it never hit the ground. This was rigged. NFL didn't want it's golden boy put out the playoffs

Ok I just rewatched it on YouTube and you're right. He took 3 steps and made a football move. That was definitely a catch. Maybe my hatred for the cowboys had me seeing it differently back then.
2-hand catch.
Left.
Right.
Left.
Ground.
Ball loose.
Retained/maintained possession.

It was 3 steps, and the ground can't cause a fumble... but the ball never left his possession or touched the ground anyways. And like I said, I hate the Cowboys, but... yeah. 🤣

-foe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom