2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it doesn't actually fit the city... The name Utah Jazz doesn't sound bad at all. It also sounds better than New Orleans Jazz or Memphis Jazz even though both of those cities would be more in line with the Jazz theme. Commanders is just trash no way around it. Pelicans is a trash name and so uninspiring, I feel bad for new Orleans fans. The browns is a pretty ****** name for team that wears orange.

Please dont bring these back. I hate everything yellow related, especially when its 98.7% yellow

rams jersey.jpg

I remember the rumor was this is the same reason why the raiders traded mack

Oh well. These owners are gonna have to break up their little boys club eventually. If there are owners who can't afford to compete with the big dogs then sell teams to dudes who can. That simple, it's already bs that they make cities foot the bill for new stadiums I'll be damned if I feel sorry for any of these billionaires.

The National Football League is working on its own subscription streaming service for mobile devices, according to a report in The Athletic. The league is said to have briefed teams on the project at its annual meeting of owners, which has been held over the past few days in Palm Beach, Florida. The Athletic says that presentations included slides with “NFL+” branding and a hypothetical $5-a-month price point.

The NFL Plus service would theoretically replace NFL Mobile, the NFL’s previous solution for distributing in-market games to phones and tablets. The NFL had a deal with Verizon and Yahoo to show some live games, but that partnership ended last year as the carrier spun off its content businesses. Verizon lost its mobile exclusivity in 2017.

NFL fans in many regions outside the US already have various streaming options across mobile and other devices. DAZN, for example, has the rights to every NFL game in countries including Canada and Japan.

The Athletic report doesn’t say when the NFL Plus service might launch. It does note, however, that the NFL is going to need to find a solution for mobile streaming before the 2022 season kicks off in September.

Oh well. These owners are gonna have to break up their little boys club eventually. If there are owners who can't afford to compete with the big dogs then sell teams to dudes who can. That simple, it's already bs that they make cities foot the bill for new stadiums I'll be damned if I feel sorry for any of these billionaires.
Yep. There is no ownership like NFL ownership :lol:

The Buffalo Bills new stadium handouts:

$600 million from state of New York
$250 million from Erie County
(Largest amount of public monies ever given to finance a stadium for a privately owned team)

In addition:
$7 million per year from state of New York for general maintenance
$6 million per year from state of New York to capital improvement fund
All naming rights money goes to the Bills (currently $6 million per year for stadium name)

as painful as it was for me as a Raiders fan when they left Oakland, I’ll never be upset with Oakland for not handing out an absurd amount of tax payer money (again) for a second time. **** doesnt make sense.

on the flip side, i can’t be mad at Mark Davis/Raiders for accepting $750M in tax payer money when Vegas/Nevada offered it.

The National Football League is working on its own subscription streaming service for mobile devices, according to a report in The Athletic. The league is said to have briefed teams on the project at its annual meeting of owners, which has been held over the past few days in Palm Beach, Florida. The Athletic says that presentations included slides with “NFL+” branding and a hypothetical $5-a-month price point.

The NFL Plus service would theoretically replace NFL Mobile, the NFL’s previous solution for distributing in-market games to phones and tablets. The NFL had a deal with Verizon and Yahoo to show some live games, but that partnership ended last year as the carrier spun off its content businesses. Verizon lost its mobile exclusivity in 2017.

NFL fans in many regions outside the US already have various streaming options across mobile and other devices. DAZN, for example, has the rights to every NFL game in countries including Canada and Japan.

The Athletic report doesn’t say when the NFL Plus service might launch. It does note, however, that the NFL is going to need to find a solution for mobile streaming before the 2022 season kicks off in September.

Crazy how far ahead MLB.tv is compared to the other leagues. NBA app is doo doo to watch games. NFL is just starting up. Meanwhile I can throw on any baseball game on MLB.tv in seconds

Guaranteed contracts in the NFL are interesting, football is just different than the other sports. What happens to that investment if they get injured? that Investment is literally a waste of money from an owners perspective in that scenario, if it is how i understand it to be.

From a players perspective - hell yea i hope all these dudes get what they can out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom