2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he has got 4 rings from 3 different teams out of his more help. There's someone else with just as much help in our time that can't say the same, or even close.

kevin-durant-and-lebron-james-really-have-had-the-best-teammates-in-modern-nba-history.jpg

-foe

Y'all are gonna make me **** around and start a KCP appreciation thread if you keep it up

Lebron/KD/Steph are all time greats. You cant possibly compare Beal to them. Those guys would be getting endorsements regardless. They aren't making a ton of endorsements because they won rings.

There are only a handful of champions that matter. Winning a ring wouldn't boost his earnings all that much. He's not the face of the league kind of player.

I am not comparing Beal to those guys as far as status. I’m using them as references for the type of mindset when looking at things beyond and into the future. Those guys are the blueprints.

I am not comparing Beal to those guys as far as status. I’m using them as references for the type of mindset when looking at things beyond and into the future. Those guys are the blueprints.
It’s not a status comparison. It’s a strategy.
Not everyone can be that.

Brad Beal can go play next to one of those guys and win a title or two and he's still not gonna be a guy that recoups the millions he leaves on the table in outside endorsements, shoe deals, etc.

That strategy works when you have that status, when you're a transcendent all-time great.

looking beyond and into the future as in career after basketball?

Buddy gonna drop a whole 27 on someone's head and they're gonna be like "Lakers crying so hard right now."

-foe
And when the a lakers are sitting in first place come all star break, dudes gonna pull out the tin foil bucket hats screaming conspiracy!

Not everyone can be that.

Brad Beal can go play next to one of those guys and win a title or two and he's still not gonna be a guy that recoups the millions he leaves on the table in outside endorsements, shoe deals, etc.

That strategy works when you have that status, when you're a transcendent all-time great.

You can still implement pieces of that strategy for longer term gains. That is indisputable. There are many examples of champions who have had long term, beyond their careers success and earnings, and opportunities. I can’t believe you guys are making excuses for a player like Beal accepting being with a losing franchise his entire career. It’s wrong!

Beal gonna end up making over 300 mil when he retires. He’s shy and doesn’t want attention. Crazy to think if he joins a winner, he’s gonna make much more money.

😆 Brad is going to have over 400 million in the bank when he's done playing. Not everyone is meant to win a chip he's not an all time great type player. He can do whatever venture he wants when he's done.

You can still implement pieces of that strategy for longer term gains. That is indisputable. There are many examples of champions who have had long term, beyond their careers success and earnings, and opportunities. I can’t believe you guys are making excuses for a player like Beal accepting being with a losing franchise his entire career. It’s wrong!
So we're FOR player empowerment but only if that player wants to play Avengers, stack their own deck and ring chase?

Let the man live. If he's happy, the hell difference does it make?

So we're FOR player empowerment but only if that player wants to play Avengers, stack their own deck and ring chase?

Let the man live. If he's happy, the hell difference does it make?

Being happy losing is the opposite of player empowerment. Player empowerment is meant to empower players to better themselves and their situations. It just isn’t right to settle when the sky is the limit and you have suitors who can do right by you on a whole other level.

Seems unnecessary.

I'd like to see the full article or at the very least the source (website? magazine? transcribed from a video?) for full context.

Wait so since everyone hates Russ and think he’s trash including half the lakers folks on here that means Lakers not a super team right? Lmao

Definitely haven't gotten as much "Big 3" or "super team" or "unfair" talk as Brooklyn did when they got Harden.

Being happy losing is the opposite of player empowerment. Player empowerment is meant to empower players to better themselves and their situations. It just isn’t right to settle when the sky is the limit and you have suitors who can do right by you on a whole other level.
You dictating what should or shouldn't make another man happy or motivate him is a YOU problem.

Empowerment is about doing what makes YOU happy and taking control of your career - whatever that might look like. Not moving to chase a title because NBA fans will hold your legacy hostage if you don't.

Wait so since everyone hates Russ and think he’s trash including half the lakers folks on here that means Lakers not a super team right? Lmao

I don't think people "hate" Russ :lol:

That's a strong word to use about a basketball player you don't know. Unless you're BeachEm and LakeEm.

He's just a really poor shooter and has an inconsistent playoff history. I wouldn't call the Lakers a super team. Bron gonna be 37, Russ gonna be 33 and AD is always hurt. Still a lot of offseason left though.

I don't think people "hate" Russ :lol:

That's a strong word to use about a basketball player you don't know. Unless you're BeachEm and LakeEm.

He's just a really poor shooter. I wouldn't call the Lakers a super team. Bron gonna be 37, Russ gonna be 33 and AD is always hurt. Still a lot of offseason left though.
Nah people def hate him lol

people also def hate Lebron lmao
Maybe this is the section of Pandora’s box that needed to be open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom