2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is ESPN getting rid of the Jump? I totally understand not moving forward with Rachel Nichols but I actually enjoyed "the Jump". Was it getting low ratings?

Probably wants to build his own footprint with NBA content now that he oversees it

so yall will believe the media, but not the player themselves...

“I think I did the right thing,’ Anthony told reporters Wednesday while promoting the release of his new Jordan Brand sneaker, Melo 8, in Manhattan.

‘For the average person out there who really thought I was just trying to get up and just leave for no reason, that really was a big key in my decision,’ Anthony said about the lockout. ‘I knew free agency was coming, I knew it would be altered, I knew it’d be messed up, so imagine if I’d have stayed. I’d have been a free agent now in limbo.’

"People didn't really know the business side of the situation we were in," Anthony said. "Everybody's contract was up. They had plans of going younger. People from the outside looking in didn't really get it."

Why is ESPN getting rid of the Jump? I totally understand not moving forward with Rachel Nichols but I actually enjoyed "the Jump". Was it getting low ratings?
I think The Jump was basically Rachel Nichols ' show. I'm sure they're replace it with something similar, just with a different name.
Pretty much what lawdog1 lawdog1 said. Since it was pretty much Rachel’s show and she’s gone now, they are using this an opportunity to re-tool which makes a lot of sense from a company perspective.

I have no intel to back this up but my logic makes me think that they’ll have this new show up and running by the start of the season otherwise they’ll be exclusively CFB and NFL with a little MLB/World Series sprinkled in around opening night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom