2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tough part about finding the right people to vote is that everyone is biased towards their era. Look at Dr J's list he put out a couple of months ago, he didn't have a single player under the age of 50.

Entire list consisted of guys he watched a growing up and guys he played against.

On top of that, many younger players and even writers don't know much about guys from the 50s and 60s and would completely discount their accomplishments and leave them off the list entirely.

It's going to be a 💩show regardless and the guys from the 50-year list who get bumped off are probably going to be pissed 😆

Love Dr J. He been one of these old heads tho :lol:. This him in the 90s, shttng on the Bulls too :rofl:

He was right about the 21st century tho.

One of the SMOOTHEST cats out there. That movie “The fish that saved Pittsburgh” was my ****. ESPN Classic used to show it. Good times

05ddb88a-c4f5-4d86-8369-ed245db5acea_200_10.gif

Sounds like a good plot to an Animal House movie
Sounds like someone who lived in NY and joined the Bloods, then moved out to LA and joined the crips

He was actually a super solid dude, He's someone I used to play football with in high school.

At first he went to a school called Georgia State and he pledged a white fraternity. This white fraternity at Georgia State was pretty diverse (had black guys, Hispanic guys, Indians, etc). Then he transferred to UGA and the same white fraternity at a different school had literally never had a single black member (and we're talking about the late 00s). The white fraternity just had a completely different feel at a different school. Georgia State is in downtown Atlanta is a lot more diverse than UGA, a school in a rural college town.

His junior year at UGA he pledged Alpha and just never mentioned his past affiliation.

Does this help or hurt the Sixers leverage wise?
Hurts Klutch all things considered. Especially with the Nerlens stuff going on

-name redacted- ain’t the type of player to demand where he should go, dude about to go to Minnesota with the swiftness

Ben is a herb.

Talented in a lot of ways though.

Morey won't get what he's asking for. But it'll be close I think.

Dr J is a lame too for that list.

Oh I was talking about jobs and stuff. Everyone I know who is in a frat has never worried about getting a job.

In addition to frats, it’s interesting to see how many of these executives, politicians, etc went to the same universities at the same time and knew each other.

I remember talking with some of my good friends back in the day about how they couldn't pick up chicks and I was thinking "how? You're fishing with dynamite at every house party! If you're struggling when the numbers are this far in your favor, I couldn't only imagine how you'll struggle in the real world when there is a 1:1 ratio)

Idk…I think it’s easier in the real world 🤷‍♂️

They really goofed not picking Jason Tatum (but then again so do the Lakers). I don't think they really miss much with Ingram. I still don't think Ingram is a winning player and I don't think he would be the second best player on a good playoff team.

He's still only 23

If the Sixers had Embiid and Ingram in 2016-17, there was no way in hell they’d finish top 3 to even have the chance to trade up

let’s stop being foolish

Lakers had Ingram, Russell and Randle and all were at the bottom of the league the following season.

They really goofed not picking Jason Tatum (but then again so do the Lakers). I don't think they really miss much with Ingram. I still don't think Ingram is a winning player and I don't think he would be the second best player on a good playoff team.

Ppl were saying the same things about Booker before last season. Dude is still young as hell.

Playa ****

I gotta go back and finish “the white shadow”. Used to watch that in college waiting between classes on the old free Hulu in like 2011 when it was free. Great hoopers. Some dope basketball scenes and cultural tuff.

WOW, WAVY YOU DA REAL MVP !!!!!!!!!!

i got a dog named MAGIC , dog named BULLET, dog named COOLIDGE

IF you never saw the White Shadow episode where JACKSON GETS KILLED, I suggest you do NOT SEEK IT OUT, saddest damn thing that can be, God bless his lil brother

you made my dai with this post, bless you good sir !

HEY !!!!! HAVE YOU HURRD ?!?!?!?! ITS THA FISH THAT SAVED PITTSBURGH whoooooooo heeyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!

MOSES GUTHRIE FOR LIFE !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom