2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really none of that really. Before talent, It starts with his attitude and mentality towards the game. He's a mental ******, entitled, doesn't take accountability, cares more about his lifestyle than the game of basketball. And that's why he will never be close to LeBron.
Well, at some point you need to dribble drive and shoot in the playoffs. He’s probably one of the rarest cases the game has ever seen in terms of being an all star but being almost useless past the first round

Can talk about attitude and mentality but talent and ability is more important than that

Just drawing the comparison:

As I said the other day, The three most talented basketball players ever are LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal and Wilt Chamberlain. Shaq had the potential to be the 🐐 so being a top 10 player, while still great, means he didn't live up to his ful potential.

Same goes for Ben Simmons. He has the talent to be a top five player, so being a top 30 player (while still impressive) means he's not living up to his full potential.

Shaq by all accounts is the second best center ever. I don’t see where he didn’t reach his potential. Y’all letting some flabbiness get in the way of how great he was.

Ben doesn’t have top 5 talent though. He has no dawg. Like zero. He probably doesn’t even like basketball

Milwaukee did it with Middleton not sniffing the foul line all post season. I think CJ is as good as Middleton or at least comparable. he’s a good PG when dame sits too.

if Tobias starts being Tobias you can always go small with a Seth/ CJ backcourt. But they’ll need another bucket off the bench. Oh wait they got Drummond never mind

CJ is as good as Middleton or at least comparable on offence. Middleton is nowhere near the liability CJ is on defence.

And defensively, the only thing worse than a Dame/ CJ backcourt is probably a Seth/ CJ backcourt. The offensive potential is very intriguing. CJ was outplaying Dame for the first quarter of the season until CJ got hurt. I know this because I had Dame on my fantasy and CJ was KILLING me.

But if CJ does land in Philly, I am sure there will be more moves by Morey. A CJ/ Maxey back court is very intriguing though...

Well, at some point you need to dribble drive and shoot in the playoffs. He’s probably one of the rarest cases the game has ever seen in terms of being an all star but being almost useless past the first round

Can talk about attitude and mentality but talent and ability is more important than that

Raw talent can take you so far. If you take accountability for yourself and truly hone your skill, then the dribbling and shooting will come. The man doesn't want any part of that.

CJ is as good as Middleton or at least comparable on offence. Middleton is nowhere near the liability CJ is on defence.

And defensively, the only thing worse than a Dame/ CJ backcourt is probably a Seth/ CJ backcourt. The offensive potential is very intriguing. CJ was outplaying Dame for the first quarter of the season until CJ got hurt. I know this because I had Dame on my fantasy and CJ was KILLING me.

But if CJ does land in Philly, I am sure there will be more moves by Morey. A CJ/ Maxey back court is very intriguing though...
Seth would prob come off the bench the cj maxey backcourt is the most likely scenario

Raw talent can take you so far. If you take accountability for yourself and truly hone your skill, then the dribbling and shooting will come. The man doesn't want any part of that.
Idk it’s easy to say that but sauce isn’t exactly easy to acquire especially later in your basketball life

Ivs seen him make jumpers and off the dribble jumpers in high school looking completely natural. So the jumper is more baffling than the lack of wiggle

CJ won’t be defending 2s and 3s anymore if he plays his natural position. And if the matchup is too tough you got green and thybulle. Seth and CJ would be a tough play but again you got hacking *** thybulle back there. I wouldn’t expect them to play a lot together.

Seth would prob come off the bench the cj maxey backcourt is the most likely scenario

Probably. I just want this saga to end. So far, it's been like a series of Naruto filler episodes, so much going on but nothing really happens.

What I don’t get about Ben Simmons and this situation is that 30 NBA coaches have voted over the past 3 years and put him in the ASG but now that he’s on the block no team wants him and they’re throwing lowball offers. Gotta be the power of Klutch and Philly being a big market getting him in the game :lol: Rudy Goberts been making All-NBAs and winning DPOYs without campaigning and he just started getting All-star nods in 2020 :smh:

All 30 GMs would take Ben Simmons in a heartbeat. They just don't want to give up anything for him

1. Daryl Morey and the Sixers from office wants a ridiculous package for Ben, which they aren't going to get because his trade value is at an all-time low.

2. Ben is in the weird spot because his trade value is low and he's also requesting a trade.

3. The package Philly wants and the packages they're being offered are completely different. Philly is in win now mode and don't want picks and young players. They want another all-star in exchange. Conversely, teams have seen Ben Simmons struggle in the playoffs and now teams in win now mode don't want been on their team because they know he's going to choke in the playoffs

I'm curious if the Simmons dump off to Thybulle resulted in two made three throws instead of a split, would Simmons still be getting ran outta Philly like this? :lol:
That play was just the final nail in the coffin in that series…He was bad throughout and the fans were on yo bout it

Just drawing the comparison:

As I said the other day, the three most talented basketball players ever are LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal and Wilt Chamberlain. Shaq had the potential to be the 🐐 so being a top 10 player, while still amazing, means he didn't live up to his ful potential. Shaq didn't watch what he ate, didn't really add moves says repertoire and didn't take it as seriously as others.

Same goes for Ben Simmons. He has the talent to be a top five player, so being a top 30 player (while still impressive) means he's not living up to his full potential. Ben has essentially made zero progress offensively since his rookie year

Ben Simmons ain’t in the stratosphere of those 3.... :lol: :lol:

He ain’t even on Blake Griffin or Shawn Kemp’s level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom