2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Balmer. Feel like he gets **** done. Doesn't just talk the talk.
This may be a silly question but was Ballmer a big Clippers/NBA/basketball fan prior to purchasing the Clippers? One would assume yes but it’s also an investment and that purchase was light work for him so I had to ask :lol:

This may be a silly question but was Ballmer a big Clippers/NBA/basketball fan prior to purchasing the Clippers? One would assume yes but it’s also an investment and that purchase was light work for him so I had to ask :lol:

I don’t think he was a big sports guy before becoming an owner. But fellow filthy right Microsoft told him being a team owner was really fun and encouraged him to go after the Clippers when they became available.

And he had sort of an LA connection in that his son went to USC.

just a smart business man

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I don’t think he was a big sports guy before becoming an owner. But fellow filthy right Microsoft told him being a team owner was really fun and encouraged him to go after the Clippers when they became available.

And he had sort of an LA connection in that his son went to USC.
What I read about him he was a big sports fan before the Clippers, and was really pissed when the Sonics left. And was talking about how to get an NBA team to Seattle even when he was still Microsoft CEO.

Dude was clearly jealous of Paul Allen too

Last edited:
What I read about him he was a big sports fan before the Clippers, and was really pissed when the Sonics left. And was talking about how to get an NBA team to Seattle even when he was still Microsoft CEO.

Dude was clearly jealous of Paul Allen too

I’m sure you’re right, but this what I was remembering when I made my previous post:

By the way, in the process of finding this, I saw that Ballmer’s net worth is up to an estimated $97 billion :sick:

I think you mean great “member of an ownership group”. Yes I know MJ is a majority owner but the game is different than when he copped the Hornets a decade ago.
1631894348314.jpeg

I think LeBron is setting himself up for majority ownership. He's started to get into movie production and creative content. He has a strong team.

I’m sure you’re right, but this what I was remembering when I made my previous post:

By the way, in the process of finding this, I saw that Ballmer’s net worth is up to an estimated $97 billion :sick:
Yeah, it is wild.

I mean people know these dudes are billionaires, time passes and the stock market grows like crazy, but in their head you never put two and two together until like 5-10 years later you see their net worth reported again and the new number is crazy

Last edited:
I think LeBron is setting himself up for majority ownership. He's started to get into movie production and creative content. He has a strong team.
I know he will try and will make major moves outside of basketball, but I just don't think he will be able to get a team with the way prices are jumping for teams. Plus the limited supply and demand from other billionaires wanting teams

I think that's why he kinda pressed for Nike to give him his own Bron Brand like MJ has. He needs him gigantic Nike checks too.

I think mans has to get really lucky to get a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom