2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he will try and will make major moves outside of basketball, but I just don't think he will be able to get a team with the way prices are jumping for teams. Plus the limited supply and demand from other billionaires wanting teams

I think that's why he kinda pressed for Nike to give him his own Bron Brand like MJ has. He needs him gigantic Nike checks too.

I think mans has to get really lucky to get a team.
Pelicans

Bill Russel being an elite athlete despite growing up in the leaded gasoline, high air pollution, pre civil rights america

is an underrated achievement.

The Timberwolves sold for 1.5 billion

The new TV deal has not even been worked out yet

Bron might still have some major earning to do to get enough for a majority ownership

So if he gets a team, I think the stars gotta align for him in a major way

Rockets ain’t trading wall. The clippers stuff won’t happen cause wall sucks and the rockets don’t want to have to pay kennard for the next 3 years.

Tillman loaned the last few hundreds of millions to buy the rockets LeBron can probably do the same should the rare opportunity to buy a team comes around

Bron will own the Lakers the day after he retires, if not sooner. Pretty sure that was part of the agreement when he signed there.

The Timberwolves sold for 1.5 billion

The new TV deal has not even been worked out yet

Bron might still have some major earning to do to get enough for a majority ownership

So if he gets a team, I think the stars gotta align for him in a major way

and with income inequality there are way more billionaires than their use to be.

he would need some insanely fortunate circumstances or really hit on some investments, or the league to really grease the wheels for him to make that happen.

NBA would love nothing more than one of their biggest superstars ever owning a team… if Bron really wants that I would assume he’ll have a lot of support

Bron will own the Lakers the day after he retires, if not sooner. Pretty sure that was part of the agreement when he signed there.
Magic Johnson No GIF - Magic Johnson No Nope - Discover & Share GIFs

Mario Lemieux is the owner of the Pittsburgh Penguins because;

while he was playing the team was so dysfunctional they needed him to defer 32 million over the course of his career in order to keep up with payroll.

when they finally went bankrupt he was the biggest creditor and because franchise values were so low he converted that 32 million to a majority stake,

also the league wanted to rebuild faith in that market so they wanted Mario to be the new owner,
they kinda leaned on everyone and cleared the field of bidders to make sure it happened,

basically none of that could happen today.

Mario Lemieux is the owner of the Pittsburgh Penguins because;

while he was playing the team was so dysfunctional they needed him to defer 32 million over the course of his career in order to keep up with payroll.

when they finally went bankrupt he was the biggest creditor and because franchise values were so low he converted that 32 million to a majority stake,

also the league wanted to rebuild faith in that market so they wanted Mario to be the new owner,
they kinda leaned on everyone and cleared the field of bidders to make sure it happened,

basically none of that could happen today.

Wow that’s crazy. I didn’t know nhl teams were going bankrupt like that. I don’t follow hockey at all

it's not talked about in USA becuase it's hockey

but Mario converting 32 mill in salary into eventually owning the team is a Bobby Bonilla level come up.

franchise probably worth 600-700 million now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom